Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How important is having an internet connection to you?

zerox

i have no practical pastimes, i check skype and MLP forums every day, i don't have any downloaded songs so youtube is the only way i can listen to music and i wouldn't dare miss an every day login reward for warthunder (im almost at day 300 ^-^)

so yea... its very very important to me.

• Brohoof 1

It's important for me in the sense of most applications and university stuff is done online, and if I didnt have a connection I dont think I'd have a chance of getting anywhere and be forced to get a job somewhere. On top of that, most of my friends are online, and they mean so much to me that not having an internet connection would feel like I dont really have anyone to talk to

• Brohoof 1

I just spent the last few months without any real connection, with the exception of spotty Wi-Fi at a bar I went to, and at first it was pretty difficult but I was very busy all that time so I didn't notice it so much. Sometimes it can be a little maddening though if I don't have internet AND phone signal at the same time...

• Brohoof 1

Internet is very necessary at my job, so I depend on it daily in order to get things done. Of course, I also use it a lot for entertainment purposes in my spare time, too! I don't absolutely need it 24/7 to function outside of work, but I would say it's still pretty important to me because I use it to keep in contact with the friends who don't live near me. ^^

• Brohoof 2

It is EXTREMELY important. If it weren't for the internet, there wouldn't be MLP Forums for me to use. If I had no internet, I have only my brother or my friend to turn to to teach me how to play Smash Bros, and my skill level would be way, way lower. I would still be playing against the CPU. I would have to go to tournaments to get better. My life wouldn't be impossible, but it would be super limited.

• Brohoof 2

There are things I could do offline on my computer and I could read some books. But I would consider it a very great inconvenience in terms of leisure. But I have important contacts that can only be reached through the internet so... being connected online is very important.

Also, ethernet master race.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Having open, available internet access in today's culture is most definitely bordering on being at that point of being considered a "necessity". Were it not for the internet, I'd have no means of doing my job, of which given my current life scenario, I am currently in a bit of a spot where I absolutely need to work from home, being I've got healing from terminal illnesses parents of whom I must ascertain safety and security of. Being that I'm basically an SEO Analyst working an independent schedule, if it weren't for having access at all to the internet, I'd be pretty much out of a job, or a means of gaining additional income via building websites for clients, making a means of which to establish my own business' social presence, and all sorts of other aspects, all this considered, doing what I do would be impossible without this amazing means of interpersonal connection and information databasing we've come to appreciate today as the

Much as well, as it seems to have been mentioned above numerous times, there wouldn't be able to be open a means of websites such as MLPForums here, especially in that these forums and the connections I've made via them, as well as just other general resource findings and interactions I've made via internet usage... All of these things have developed me to where I am by this point in life, and so I can certainly say that without access to the internet, I'd be a much different pony than I am currently, likely for the worse given where I was prior to finding this fandom in the first place... (Yikes,  :blink: let's not go there...  :fiery: )

But much as well in that, I've noticed an interesting personal life pattern in that, just about every location my parents and I've moved to in life now, it would seem we've been the prime catalysts in establishing that a higher speed internet connection service be implemented in the community, in which, such an event is about to happen again, in which I'll be able to much better effectively perform my job, surf the web, talk with friends and all other sorts of general things I do that wouldn't otherwise be of utility to me without the internet, so all-in-all, the internet is probably one of the most important things I would consider we have in our modern 21st Century culture today.

• Brohoof 1

Call me old fashioned, but I'll just read a book or occupy myself otherwise. I wouldn't like having no internet for too long, but I'll deal with it.

This addiction to technology is unsettling, to say the least.

• Brohoof 2

Call me old fashioned, but I'll just read a book or occupy myself otherwise. I wouldn't like having no internet for too long, but I'll deal with it.

This addiction to technology is unsettling, to say the least.

This exactly! When I was young there was no internet (and least none to speak of) and everything was fine. It's easy to become addicted to things that are fixtures of everyday life, but it can be overcome. The only things that can't be overcome are the things that are now done only over the internet. For those who do their jobs online or live in remote places where everyday services are not available, internet is necessary. Lots of brick and mortar stores and suppliers of basic needs have boarded up their windows and gone strictly online, something that was never a problem in the old days. But now that the complexion of things are leaning more and more toward an online existence, sadly many of the simpler (and better) things are going that way as well.

• Brohoof 4