Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How important is having an internet connection to you?

zerox

• 3 weeks later...

I like the internet more than TV and usually use it a few hours every day. I could live without it though. There are A LOT of other things I can do to keep myself occupied. It would be EXTREMELY annoying to do banking and pay bills without internet though.

I need to have an internet connection in order to keep tabs on the latest MLP gossip around my usual haunts, watching Let's Plays on YouTube, and managing my EBay side business.

No internet means I can't work and I can't in general play, nor can I get information.  It is a "very bad thing." 

About the only thing that advances in that case are my fics, because I can write without the net.

• 2 years later...

At home: moderately important, but if I had to do without, the old fashion way of dealing with things will suffice.

At work: Pretty important. Email access and communication is pretty much a must.

• 3 months later...

It's really important to me. If I'm suddenly without it it's not a very fun time, but if I'm prepared to go without internet (like whenever I went to boy scout camp or band camp, where there was no reception), it's not all that bad. Mostly because I had friends to talk to and have fun with back then.

Kind of important, but if I have to go without it for a week then that's fine too. It's relaxing without it even

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I've been thinking about this lately, especially since I've cut social media and smartphones out of my life. I'm actually considering dropping my internet service at the house and just use the internet at my work. 

Without it, I wouldn't be able to upload my astronomy pics from home. It's something I'll continue to think about.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve posted previously on this thread, and I still feel the same way I did back then; a lack of internet can be done without unless the goods or services desired have been made available exclusively online. Unfortunately, more and more things become online-only every day, and in those cases I don’t like to have my access restricted by lack of connectivity. I usually stomp my feet and swear when my internet goes out at inconvenient moments.  

• Brohoof 1

Having a good internet connection is pretty important to me right now only because my college courses and all are found only online. Otherwise...I would totally ditch internet if I could. I'd miss this place though, although I suppose I could drive to the library or something once or twice a week just to log in here for an hour or so, similar to what @Phosphor does? :SassySaddles2:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's probably more important than it should be.

Which is why it confuses me how most reviewers say the adapters I've had were anything but $#!+. Especially this new one that I have to manually reset almost constantly... And even then sometimes after I reconnect it, it still hardly works. Feel like it needs another 1 star review at this point. :unamused:

Edited by Angel_Dust

Absolutely vital. I am in constant need of information and the internet for me, is the world's greatest library and archive of useful data. Without it, I would return to the suffocated existence of my teenage years. I need to learn. I need to read. I need to experience the creativity of others from whatever corner of the world they hail from. I need data. I feed off stories, music, videos, etc. Without it, I lose a vital source of learning and information gathering. There's also all the everyday stuff too I guess.

• Brohoof 2

It is really not that important. Internet is actually dying. It is being replaced by something that is more like cable tv, perfectly tailored for your money, and how you want to be advertised.

• Brohoof 3