Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when the electricity goes out?

Luigi

So the electricity at my apartment is not 100% functional right now because of a storm last night. Thankfully the campus network is still online though, hahaha.

Anyway, what does everypony like to do when the power goes out?

• Brohoof 2

If it's sunny day: go for a walk  B)

If it's night or rainy/cold day or winter: do things on phone (listen to music etc.)

If it's night or rainy/cold day or winter and battery on phone is dead: think, cry (just kidding), eat and/or go to sleep (earlier) dependable on time and stuff.  :-P

• Brohoof 3

I usually nap it out. I don't have anything to keep me entertained during such event. :P

Edited by Guest

Go outside and walk around my backyard, look at my pony merch or reorganize them and eat something while at it. If it's at night, I grab a couple of my outdoor solar lamps and stick them in essential places in the house were I need light. I also have a backup battery brick so when my phone needs charging at least that still works.

My first comment is usually along the lines of "At least books and National Geographic don't require electricity." ;)

• Brohoof 2

It it's night time, I go to bed, even if it's not too late. If it's during the day, I'll read or draw, usually while being outside and enjoying nature. :)

• Brohoof 2

I am put in a really bad mood. I usually find a flashlight to have some light and stay glued to my phone and use up the data on it. lol

I was afraid that I was going to lose my power last night because a big line of storms was coming through, but I don't know that the line kept its strength when it came down here. Either way, I didn't lose power! Thank goodness.

I live in NJ ,so back when there was Hurricane Sandy some years back. We were without power for a week. Now, because of the back up generator, we would have maybe an hour or two of electricity a day. Which was spent charging my Ipod touch or the Portable DVD player or phone. What I did without the power....

-Read

-Sleep

-Watch DVD'S off the portable DVD player

-Watch episodes of FIM or LPS I had off my Ipod touch

-listen to music

-eat

(Now, please note that this was a Hurricane, so for a week, I couldn't go anywhere, places were closed, so I was kind of stuck at home for whole week)

I tend to either play some 3DS, write random things down like threads or something and usually, go on a long walk. I remember once the entire towns power was out, including most of the street lights and sunset was really setting in. That was a creepy yet tranquil night.

I tend to either play some 3DS, write random things down like threads or something and usually, go on a long walk. I remember once the entire towns power was out, including most of the street lights and sunset was really setting in. That was a creepy yet tranquil night.

Reminds me of the bonus mission in World Of Subways 4.

Most-unexpected Nightmare Fuel is most unexpected.

usually I'm in my room playing GTA online. But if the power were to go out, I'd be like "AH HEELL NAW!!!" and slam my controller onto my bed. Then I'd stomp outside shouting "you done screwed up now, ya stupid storm!" lol jk, I'd check the fuse box.

I hate when the power goes out. I used to live in a remote area where it used to go out all the time and it drove me nuts. Usually it would go out during a thunder storm, so I couldn't just go out and enjoy a nice stroll. I couldn't sleep it out either because I need the soothing white noise of an electric fan by my bed to fall asleep. Without power, no fan, no sleep, no fun. 

I now live in a real city with reliable utilities and I don't have to deal with the problem much, but I do keep a portable power generator next to my bed to keep the fan running if the power fails. (Don't worry, it's an indoor generator, so no deadly fumes!)

• Brohoof 1

If it's sunny day: go for a walk  B)

If it's night or rainy/cold day or winter: do things on phone (listen to music etc.)

If it's night or rainy/cold day or winter and battery on phone is dead: think, cry (just kidding), eat and/or go to sleep (earlier) dependable on time and stuff.  :-P

That's basically the same thing I do. Though I also bundle up if it's winter and the heat can't turn on.

The last time my neighborhood lost power was a few months ago. I remember waking up in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm and I think lightning must have hit the power lines nearby because I heard what sounded like an explosion and the power instantly went out. I couldn't go back to sleep because I have trouble sleeping without a fan turned on, so I just played games on my phone until I was too tired to stay awake.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

I'd probably listen to music and think. If it's nice out I'll go out, lie down, and watch the sky. If it's a blizzard I'll happily watch it, but only alone. If it's a thunderstorm...hide and listen to loud music. I am scared of thunderstorms. I used to hide behind my living room chair in a blanket fort when I was little. I'll definitely be alone during a thunderstorm because my family likes to go outside in them to watch them.