Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when the electricity goes out?

Luigi

Not technically a black out but a brown out. Minimal electricity flowing to the house. Computers and TVs were down. 

So I grabbed some head phones, a cassette player, my Prewalski's ponies compilation album and went for a walk. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

With power out (or internet down) and lockdown in effect... I took out a few board games so I could play them with family.

I may also have subverted Jenga to build, like, joined towers or office buildings or wavebreakers or bridges.

It doesn't happen here very often (thankfully), not counting when it goes out for a second or two. The last time it happened (a couple of weeks ago), I immediately took my flashlight so I could see something. Then I used my laptop, which had no internet connection, but I could at least listen to music I had saved and wasn't in complete darkness for the next 45 minutes. :coco:

• Brohoof 3

On 9/24/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sunny Fox said:

I go outside, look at the dark sky with those little twinkinling lights, scream "what the f*** are those?!", then burn down society.

Oh my fickin' squee-gee, someone got that reference!

I have Internet on my cell phone now, so I can enjoy a very slow impossible to navigate forum when power goes out (so I will probably read a book instead) :wacko:

• 2 years later...

Depends. If it’s during the day I can read or draw. If it’s at night I just lay there listening to music on my iPod wishing that the power comes back on.

• Brohoof 1

Hope my devices are charged so I can use them as flashlights when it gets dark out. Had to do that once when the power was out for a day straight or two. If the power was out for an even longer time, I would try to avoid anything in the fridge/freezer in case it were to go bad.

• Brohoof 1

If it was light out I'd read or do some sketching. Cooking is a great way to pass the time too but I dont have a grill of gas stove currently. When dark I'd watch videos or listen to music I had downloaded on my laptop. Fair bit of pony stuff if that makes anyone smile. :)

Recently bought a new laptop after my old one broke so I don't have access to any of that right now. :sealed:

Last time it went out I was at work. Provided my girlfriend a Headlamp so she could still perform her surgeries at the Vet clinic we work at, and I did some cleaning in the dark and some outdoor maintenance.

Eventually I want to get a solar panel and a battery bank just to have something. I'm also realizing that now having full cell service with 5G I should still have internet access depending how bad the outage is?

Also I tend to go to bed earlier which I'm not fond of as a Night Owl.