Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Kotobukiya should make MLP Bishoujo statues?

KillerKingBakudan

These statues could either be original humanized pony designs for the Mane Six (without the pastel colored skin), or designs directly based on Equestria Girls.

If you're not familiar with this line, the Bishoujo statues are essentially Japanese interpretations of existing characters based on Shunya Yamashita's manga-style artwork. They've worked on many different licenses, including Marvel and DC comics, video games like Street Fighter and Tekken, horror movies, etc. 

Here are the few I currently own.

post-30713-0-25986400-1473597268_thumb.jpg

post-30713-0-57234500-1473597300_thumb.jpg

post-30713-0-79356300-1473597275_thumb.jpg

And you can see the rest of them here.

http://bishoujostatues.com

As you can tell, these obviously epitomize cheesecake. That doesn't necessarily mean an MLP Bishoujo collection couldn't be made kid-friendly. I think if Hasbro made an agreement with Kotobukiya to produce this line, they could simply add a stipulation that any MLP characters drawn by Yamashita, and subsequently sculpted, will have to be toned down in sexual appeal. That's not to say they shouldn't be attractive for older collectors, bronies and non-bronies alike. But if this Jubilee is anything to go by, they can easily make females that are sexy without being over-the-top or unsuitable for MLP's target audience.

post-30713-0-68748700-1473597263_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else want to see something like this happen?

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

I wouldn't be against the idea, but I don't know if enough people would by the figures to make this a worthwhile expense.

Bronies spend as much money on merchandise as other fandoms, if not more. If they're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on custom pony plushes, then $60 for humanized pony statues should be a given. Others may buy them just for the quality of the sculpt and paint work alone.

• 3 years later...

I have pre-ordered the statue of Twilight, but still have not received it yet. Looks great in pictures and videos though. I may buy Fluttershy and Rainbow too at some point (if I find the space for them and the money), but no more pre-orders.

What's everypony talking about? THEY ALREADY ARE! I already have Pinkie Pie and Twilight. Fluttershy comes around December I think, then Applejack, then Rarity comes after that and Finally...for some reason they made a black skinned Rainbow Dash which makes zero sense for what ever to make her a black girl because doing it for the sake of "diversity" alone would be pointless  if None of the other characters were a different ethnicity and nothing in the series or EQG says she's black in any way and Fluttershy is still white despite also being a pegasus like RD. So...werid. BUT, they did say it was just a concept for RD so far so maybe they will correct the issue. Either way I will still buy it. 

9 hours ago, Star Petal said:

What's everypony talking about? THEY ALREADY ARE! I already have Pinkie Pie and Twilight. Fluttershy comes around December I think, then Applejack, then Rarity comes after that and Finally...for some reason they made a black skinned Rainbow Dash which makes zero sense for what ever to make her a black girl because doing it for the sake of "diversity" alone would be pointless  if None of the other characters were a different ethnicity and nothing in the series or EQG says she's black in any way and Fluttershy is still white despite also being a pegasus like RD. So...werid. BUT, they did say it was just a concept for RD so far so maybe they will correct the issue. Either way I will still buy it. 

Yes, that's why I revived this topic.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Star Petal said:

If you check the first post, that was back in 2016. No statuettes were announced back then

• Brohoof 1

sv228_mlp_pinkie_pie_up8.jpg 617Z8gaDCUL._SX425_.jpg

I have them. They're really nice. Twilight even has real clear lenses in her glasses. I really like that they have the pony and the girl.

Fluttershy and Rarity are coming.

41rOaib4S6L.jpg 4934054009442_figure-rarity-my-little-po

And here's arework for Applejack and Rainbow Dash:

medium.jpeg

Edited by Fluttershutter

On 10/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, Star Petal said:

Can you not?

• Brohoof 1

On 10/23/2019 at 1:53 AM, Star Petal said:

Why did you feel the need to point that out. And then act like it’s a weird thing instead of just going ‘oh hey they made dash look black’. Then move on. And why did you act like it’s an issue. Because it’s not. They made her a different ethnicity. That’s all. Get over it. 

On 10/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, Star Petal said:

Trust a weeb. RD figure is not black. They just made her a gyaru.

• Brohoof 1