Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Lamiaponies where canon in FiM, how can we integrate them into this world?

Mesme Rize

full.png

So for everybody who dosen't know, i like Lamiaponies. Shocker, right? :P

So i was thinking lately. What would actually be the best way, to integrate Lamiaponies into the FiM universe. If we integrate them so late into the show, it should be noted that they are a rare species and not everybody knows about them.

There are 2 ways to integrate them. Either, they are a few creatures, hanging around in the deep parts of the everfree forest. Or, they are another civilization, that is located somewhere on the edge of equestria, having their own civilization.

I also think that they are mostly friendly and are as intelligent as normal ponies. :)

What do you think? What do you think of my plan? Do you have your own plan?

• Brohoof 4

Perhaps something like this? Applejack needs new boots!

287867_29328-key-west-python-boot_large.

All kidding aside, I would think that they could integrate them via Saddle Arabia (perhaps Twilight mediating a conflict that the horses and lamia pones have), or even exploring the nation that Saffron and Coriander come from. Either would work, though I want to see Saddle Arabian culture desperately. Another idea would be to tie them to the Everfree and Zecora somehow. 

• Brohoof 5

I think fans gain interest in reveals of new species, so it'd be forced to be explored almost from its nature of a reveal unless its a background character or its fully explained in the episode. It'd already have to be a place with friendship, or it'd take a second episode in a future season to sate curiosities. It'd certainly give some more toy ideas and possibly diversity to Hasbro, but theres a reason why seaponies weren't revealed yet in the show but were in the comic.

• Brohoof 2

The way they normally do i guess? And who's the lamiapony in the OP? Are they a friend of Mesme?

That is mystic mirage, from Spitfire740. Considering i know most Lamiapony artists, mesme is friends with most of them. :P

Since most creatures behave at least somewhat like their original Greek counterparts, and since lamiae are Greek equivalent of bloodthirsty succubi, the only place for them is down under. Could also work in Hollow Shades.

• Brohoof 2

I think they would have some type of civilization or something, but they could also prefer to be own their own too. Also they don't just have to live in one area, maybe they live in other parts. Since they are similar to ponies, it would make semse for them to be similar.

• Brohoof 1

I think they would have some type of civilization or something, but they could also prefer to be own their own too. Also they don't just have to live in one area, maybe they live in other parts. Since they are similar to ponies, it would make semse for them to be similar.

Like i said, there is this problem, considering we are so late into the show now. If they all of a sudden say "oh, they are a normal species here in equestria" it would raise some eyebrows.

I would find it rather nice, if Lamiaponies would be few and far between and that they have a little civilization, or just a species in the everfree forest.

• Brohoof 2

I say they might be the hidden caretakers, almost monk-like, of a lost city or temple... and it would be AWESOME to have Daring Do come across them during one of her adventures!

This could be a way around the problem of new introductions, as they've been hiding in this hidden temple for quite some time now.  They could even pull some sort of 'Shangri-La' thing, where they maintain a sense of peace and harmony there, and Daring is sworn to protect the temple's secrecy - as any revelation of this magical place would bring too much of the outside world into their humble yet fascinating lives... and they don't believe Equestria is QUITE ready for total peace yet.

Episode ends with her agreeing to maintain the secret, and them wishing her well as she goes to rejoin the rest of the world... but she might be a bit happier, knowing that these gentle beings are simply waiting to share their peace with all the world someday.

It's just a thought.

• Brohoof 3

I say they might be the hidden caretakers, almost monk-like, of a lost city or temple... and it would be AWESOME to have Daring Do come across them during one of her adventures!

This could be a way around the problem of new introductions, as they've been hiding in this hidden temple for quite some time now.  They could even pull some sort of 'Shangri-La' thing, where they maintain a sense of peace and harmony there, and Daring is sworn to protect the temple's secrecy - as any revelation of this magical place would bring too much of the outside world into their humble yet fascinating lives... and they don't believe Equestria is QUITE ready for total peace yet.

Episode ends with her agreeing to maintain the secret, and them wishing her well as she goes to rejoin the rest of the world... but she might be a bit happier, knowing that these gentle beings are simply waiting to share their peace with all the world someday.

It's just a thought.

Oh my god, that is really deep? O_O

Don't get me wrong. The idea is really great. But i never saw Lamiaponies as sort of higher beings, or monks that will one day bring total peace to equestria.

But i can certainly see an episode, that Daring Do is involved in. :P

• Brohoof 1

sig-4665625.full.png

So for everybody who dosen't know, i like Lamiaponies. Shocker, right? :P

So i was thinking lately. What would actually be the best way, to integrate Lamiaponies into the FiM universe. If we integrate them so late into the show, it should be noted that they are a rare species and not everybody knows about them.

There are 2 ways to integrate them. Either, they are a few creatures, hanging around in the deep parts of the everfree forest. Or, they are another civilization, that is located somewhere on the edge of equestria, having their own civilization.

I also think that they are mostly friendly and are as intelligent as normal ponies. :)

What do you think? What do you think of my plan? Do you have your own plan?

Hey, as this topic is about a concept that hasn't been integrated into the show canon and this board is exclusively for show discussion, it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

<p>This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.</p>

• Brohoof 2