Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Chrysalis in Season 6 finale

heavens-champion

When it comes down to it no one is 100% sure that Chrysalis is going to be the villain of the season 6 finale. We have no actual proof of such a claim. However, the main reason why she is likely the most popular choice is because of the focus we've seen on changelings this season. Yeah, it hasn't been much, but when you have a changeling-centered episode and that little easter egg from the S6 premier, it's not hard to suspect that something is up with her.

• Brohoof 1

Well, last 5 years Hasbros was coming up with new villain every time. I don't think this time it will be different. Also according to official comix Chrysalis is closed in some kind of magic dimension.

But of cource I would like to see her again. ^_^

smaller_chrysalis_by_elslowmo-d4xe8tb.pn

I'm still certain it will be Chrysalis making her comeback for revenge on the Mane Six, the Royal Family, and Equestria for the events of A Canterlot Wedding. Besides, this would give Celestia a chance for revenge from her defeat against Chrysalis at the wedding, and if Chrysalis has to face an army of yaks, griffons, and dragons, along with some of her own Changelings that Thorax convinced to defect to the good side, she will be in deep trouble trying to get to Flurry Heart before Starlight saves the Mane Six and they go Rainbow Power on her flank.

I do think Chrysalis is coming back, but not by herself, and I don't mean her changeling army. I mean she might need some extra help, like an alliance with dangerous creatures! Alot of people say Grogar from MLP G1 might come back, so what if Chrysalis teamed up with Grogar to try to take over Equestria?

• Brohoof 1

I'm 100% certain it won't be Chrysalis. The synopsis states this is supposed to be one of the "oldest" and "most powerful" foes, and Chrysalis doesn't qualify as either as far as I'm concerned.

She's probably the only major villain in the show who can be defeated without having to resort to using the EoH or Rainbow Power or any other instant fix magical items. Anyone familliar with the IDW comics (which may or may not be canon)? At the end of the very first arc, Twilght pretty much kicks her ass, all by herself, with no EoH or instant fix item, when she was still just a unicorn. It wasn't even a fight so much as just straight up assault, and Chrysalis was probably trying harder here than she did when she rekt Celestia.

Also why exactly would Chrysalis want revenge against the mane 6 as whole? She definitely would against Twilight since she was the one most responsible for her defeat, but the other 5 ultimately had almost nothing to so with it. Yeah they defeated a sizable portion of her army but that ultimately didn't amount to much. Going back to the first comic arc again, the whole time she was only obsessed with getting back at Twilight. Her focus was entirely on her, and the other 5 were just a bonus.

Chrysalis being the villain here would require a much more different scenario than what we're getting. Most likely it would be only Twilight getting captured, probably along with Flurry Heart since Chrysalis would definitely have a quarrel with Shining Armor and Cadence as well, which would result in Starlight joining the other mane 5, maybe Spike too, on their quest to save them and finally earning their friendship in the process. Maybe Thorax helps out at some point but he'd probably be the only new character reappearing. I'll admit I think this is a better idea than what we're getting but maybe that's just me.

Whoever the true villain will be is probably one we haven't seen before and may very well end up being a very dull, one-note monster who will simply exist as the problem that needs to be overcome. I expect a weak or barely given backstory, a predictable motivation (just a power-hungry asshole who wants to rule the world) and probably an predictable ultimate defeat (if he's really that powerful, than anything less Rainbow Power is useless, and since only the mane 6 can wield that it's possible they still get to be largely involved in saving the day in the end).

Not trying to lower anyone's expectations but from what we saw with Tirek, the most powerful villains (magically speaking, not emotionally) are usually least interesting. I mean, how often do you see people talking about him since he appeared? Flim and Flam are more discussed than him.

So yeah, that's my totally 100% accurate prediction. I think I'll start a psychic hotline after this.