Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever wear the same outfit twice without washing it?

Member Berry

I do and some people seem to see a big problem with it. I wore the same outfit today as I did yesterday. They weren't dirty or smelly so I don't get why it's a taboo. Obviously, if I was really sweaty or tipped something on myself then I'd put it in the wash. I also obviously change my underwear but I wore the same leggings and top as yesterday today. 

Do you do this? Do you see a problem with it? My mother always tells me off for doing it.

• Brohoof 4

Yea same here. If it doesn't get dirty then why wash it. Wasting my soap and time.

I wouldn't say the same exact outfit. Like shirt A with pants B one day then the same outfit the next day, but like Shirt A with pants C. Or Shirt B with Pants B.

• Brohoof 4

Me too, as a girl it's conciddered not done to wear the same outfit twice because of some sort of fashion rule but I never cared for fashion and treds and such, I just wear what looks nice and if I have a nice outfit I'll wear it twice if it's not dirty. Heck, I sometimes wear jeans three days in a row with a different top.

• Brohoof 3

I tend to wear the same clothes for more then two days as my clothes don't tend to get dirty quickly and I see it kinda pointless to keep changing clothes every single day. I do of course change my clothes eventually if they get too dirty or get smelly XD but apart from that... I don't change my clothes very often.

I also don't have that much clothing that I can keep changing my clothes over and over :P like all I wear is jeans and I only have two pairs!

• Brohoof 2

Girls, who don't like to change clothes.. now i've seen everything)

i think it's good for your skin, to change casual clothes daily. but you the owner of your life, so do whatever you want. it's your body.

LOL, I'm lazy as shit when it comes to fashion and whatnot lately. I used to be goth so would always do my make-up and wear loads of bracelets and stuff. I can't be bothered now.

I'm not going to say how many days I can go with the same outfit so no one would call me disgusting, but I certainly don't wash an outfit after just one day's use.  :-P That would just be wasting water for the sake of fashion, a lot of water because washing machines consume so much.

I will try to wear the same pair of pants for a week, normally. I feel like people tend to care less about rewearing pants. As for shirts, I rewear them in secret. I normally always have a jacket on, and when I don't, I alternate back and forth between shirts so I'm not wearing them twice in a row.

If I'm lazing about at home...Which I always am, I'll wear the same thing 2 or 3 days in a row, because it's not getting that dirty and nobody else is going to notice so why should I care?

If I'm in public though, no...Mainly just because people will bug me about for being dirty, even when it's usually not.

I'll always change them after getting legitimately dirty though.

Living at a camp for two months I've gotten into the habit of if it's not dirty or smelly it can be worn again. I don't wear the exact same thing but I have some clothes that are clean and haven't been worn and some that have been but aren't at the stage of needing washed yet (the exception is if I am really sweaty, those clothes get washed).

Typically, no I don't. But, I'm such a lazy butt that I still haven't fixed my dryer (and it's been 2 months now). So yeah...sometimes I get behind on laundry. So if it ain't dirty then it may get a second wear before a wash.

I do this all the time. Washing your clothes after one use (unless you've sullied or got them smeared or something) is a waste of time and resources (using the washing machine is great, but it uses up electricity and water and powder, so it doesn't make sense using it over and over) in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

sometimes ill undress, hop in the shower and when i get out i'll put the same clothes back on (with exception of undies which i change like every day)
and since i don't do any form of exercise my clothes don't get sweaty or anything so there is no need to change ^-^

Edited by Ju88snow

The only time I wear clothes multiple times in a row is if I have to work several days in a row. I'm not going to get more than pair of pants and shirt dirty. Besides, my clothes get dirty at work. So, it's not like wearing a clean pair before I get there is going to make a difference.

Yes, I realize that is more than twice sometimes. But, I'm not rolling in mud at work and drenched in sweat when I come home. So, it's fine. A little dirt never hurt anyone.

Edited by YouMayNykki

I don't always wash my clothes after one wearing, but I more often do than don't. If I'm at home and not planning on going out anywhere where I'm going to interact a whole lot of people, I'll re-wear some of the same clothes without washing them (never the same undies though). It's not really about being smelly because they don't generally smell after one wearing. But I'm a stickler for cleanliness as far as germs and bacteria are concerned and washing my clothes often gives me peace of mind.  :please:

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Heck yea I do - ain't nobody got time for that. If it's not dramatically dirty and i didn't upend a vending machine's worth of drinks on myself, then I'll wear it again. Normally mix and match a little though.