Unlikeable Pony

When do you think the trailer will be?

when do you think the first trailer for this will be? the movie's due to be out in a little over a year, so we should be getting a teaser trailer pretty soon IMO.

when do you think the first trailer for this will be? the movie's due to be out in a little over a year, so we should be getting a teaser trailer pretty soon IMO.

I'm thinking with Moana this fall.

I'm sure the first trailer will come out sometime before the end of 2016, probably as part of the "Coming Soon to Theaters" preview before one of the upcoming movies.

Badges

Months from now. The movie still won't be released for another year. Trailers are released closer to the release dates than this. We might have a teaser by the end of this year, but that's it.

Hopefully a teaser with Moana but often animated films get marketing really late unless they are part of a major franchise or otherwise deemed really important. MPL is a franchise but not a film one yet and not from a major studio so I do not know how aggressive their marketing will be.

Trailer around this time next year or a bit sooner really since Moana only now got a full length trailer and the release dates are similar.

I think feature film trailers are first shown around just a year before release, assuming they don't get delayed and stuff. The pony movie at the moment, has a release date of Octover 6 next year, so we still have over a year before the release. I'm pretty sure we will see a teaser before the end of 20126 though 

Sometime eventually, but probably a teaser at late 2016.

Badges

I'm thinking by the end of 2016 we'll at least see a teaser, but not much else. The movie is still over a year from release.

Lots of animated films get little teasers about a year or a little under before their release, often with stuff that isn't in the final product.

Me, I'm thinking a li'l something just to let us know it's on the way in a family or children's movie in October at the earliest. Though it'll probably be later.

I'm thinking something involving Pinkie Pie and her 4th Wall Breaking that won't tell us much, but still get our attention. Especially if 3D is involved! :lol:;) 

I could see them maybe doing a short teaser trailer around October or November, but we aren't going to get a full trailer until around May, perhaps?

Badges

hi I bet theyll be ready with it around Christmas! If not then I guess February; yet I have no idea why I think it will be February .

I guess it will be right on Legend of Everfree release ^_^

They have no reason promote both movies at the same time.

I expect it sometime next year. As for what movie will have it. I dunno, all I can say is that I don't expect it with Moana at all

Badges

I'm thinking with Moana this fall.

I don't think Disney would benefit from showing a trailer from another studio such as Hasbro, so I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Edited by The Colt Following

I don't think Disney would benefit from showing a trailer from another studio such as Hasbro, so I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Disney doesn't decide all the trailers.

A month before the movie drops. 

I don't think it will be that late.

Disney doesn't decide all the trailers.

Do you have a source for that, or are you just pulling stuff?

Do you have a source for that, or are you just pulling stuff?

It's common sense. Why are there Dreamworks/Warner Bros. trailers before Disney movies then?

Think McFly, think!

I have hopes for a teaser somewhere this year, but a proper trailer will probably not happen until summer 2017. I'm not sure if I want more than a teaser, anyway. Trailers have a tendency to spoil a lot.

First teaser probably won't be too far down the line (I've seen teasers promoting films as early as a year before they release), but it'll likely be short (no longer than a minute) and vague. Mostly just there to announce the movie coming up. Might not even show any actual footage.

The actual trailers won't be popping up 'til we're down to the final few months. That's when the real hype begins.

I assume the trailer's going to be placed in front of the upcoming Power Rangers movie, since both movies are distributed by Lionsgate. But then again, PR doesn't come out until March 2017, so that may be too long of a wait for the MLP teaser.

I would guess you might seen some sort of teaser around February in theaters, with TV promos a month or two before.

Badges

Well, we are under a year before the movie release. I'm sure we'd be seeing a trailer soon enough

Im thinking we shod get a teaser in February 2017