Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

your thoughts on shortening muzzles of the mane six/ponies.

Unlikeable Pony

So, looking at certain scenes over the past few seasons, its become more common for the animators to make the mane six's faces more anthro for certain scenes and shorten their muzzles to almost human nose like levels.
What are your thoughts on these scenes and this trend? (Image as an example)

1241723__safe_fluttershy_screencap_faic_

1147610__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_screenca

So, looking at certain scenes over the past few seasons, its become more common for the animators to make the mane six's faces more anthro for certain scenes and shorten their muzzles to almost human nose like levels.

What are your thoughts on these scenes and this trend?

I too notice this reduction in muzzle size in later seasons especially season 6 but honestly G4 has it good from the previous gens...*shrugs*...

Luna, Celestia, Cadance and most of the Stallions should have a pretty noticeable proboscis compared to the mane 6!

Both of those examples sorta tie in to my overall dislike of the series's recent trend of weird faces, so I can't say I care much for it, if only because I really do not like these exaggerated faces.

being a type of cartoon that it is, I think that it is ok when under the right circumstances. It's not an uncommon thing to do among cartoons.

Well, at least there not putting random images in thier eyes *cough* powerpuff reboot *cough*

• Brohoof 1

They are just comedic bits, I do not care either way.

But the designs originally should have been a little longer and horse like with smaller eyes, like with the princesses. It annoyed me a lot first but I am now used to them I guess.

I actually it fits more, because of the different angles they would definitely appear different in size and length. Plus, we get the amazing expressions sprinkled throughout, so I don't mind. :3 I personally have been loving the expressions. They don't seem overdone so it is a nice treat.