Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been sleep paralyzed?

Heh, perhaps that might be the case. Though... the last nightmare I remember was really vivid. I'm not sure if it's relevant to the thread, but... aaa an admin can delete/hide my post if it isn't! >.<

My nightmare was basically a few classmates of mine were in some kind of Colosseum, and I apparently didn't have any clothes on/didn't switch to my PE outfit, so I went looking for a changing room of some kind... though apparently I took so long it became nighttime? Anyways, one of my classmates told me to get to a trailer... I remember it being on top of a small hill just outside the Colosseum's gates. I went inside the trailer; the walls were yellow, and it was surprisingly rather big inside. There were at least 8 people in it, and in the middle there was a dining table filled with all sorts of food! Here's... here's the really interesting part.

Once I sat down, I was about to talk to one of my friends until literally everything went dead silent, and all that was even AUDIBLE was this sort of ringing; the really sort of high-pitched ringing you hear when you suddenly hear a loud noise... only this time it simply remained for a good 5 seconds before ALL the windows in the trailer opened at the same time, revealing nothing but pure, total blackness at the other side of the windows. What was really, really scary about the whole nightmare was how there was screaming; screaming that could easily be compared to something you would definitely not listen to. The screaming was loud, it sounded female... there wasn't a particular source coming from it though; but I can tell you this much that it DID come from the windows, just... all at the same time. It was a monotone type; almost as if the screaming came from one source, yet it came from all the windows... I remember that I saw something at the other end of the room at the other side of the window; I do NOT remember what it was right now, but... perhaps it was wearing some kind of white robe? Pajamas? It was actually really short in height, nowhere near tall yet tall enough to reach the window... perhaps it was floating. I remember when I tried to take a good look at it, squinting my own eyes... is when I woke up.

Maybe I forget dreams THAT easily, maybe it's that I just fucking suck at remembering, but I can DEFINITELY tell you this much that I remember dreams perfectly whenever they happen. I've had constant dreams, but... no nightmares, strangely. The one I just narrated was only "recent", and it already happened months ago. 

Yeh the screaming is very frequent in nightmares and sleep paralysises aswell, they're the most terrifying ones aswell, one nightmare I had was that I was literally sitting in front of my computer and everything was DEAD silent, and I started typing Google and when I typed "Googl" the whole room started making the LOUDEST SCREAMING NOISE YOU COULD EVER THINK OF MY EARDRUMS LITERALLY EXPLODED, I've never been so jumpscared in my own dream, ever.

Yeah it actually kinda happened for a bit last night. I struggled, but managed to "sit up" and prevent myself from letting it get worse.

Atleast now you know what happened to you. :D

I've experienced several episodes of sleep paralysis, but I've never had any hallucinations. I guess it's a little scary, but more frustrating than anything because my mind is telling my body to move and getting no response. Whenever this happens, I either fight to keep my mind awake by consciously trying to wiggle my extremities, which usually works, or I just give up and drift back to sleep in a matter of seconds. One thing I have noticed, though, is that I seem to have a high likelihood of experiencing a vivid nightmare right after I fall back asleep. :( So most of the time I try to wake my body up as soon as I realize I cannot move.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can remember, I've only had sleep paralysis once in my entire lifetime.

It was a truly terrifying experience, I though that something had happened while I was asleep that damaged my central nervous system. When it happened, I literally screamed at the top of my lungs. I didn't sleep for three nights straight afterwards and had trouble staying asleep for almost a month afterwards.

Sleep paralysis happens to everyone when they sleep so they don't reenact their dreams.

Yes, if you didn't get paralyzed while asleep you might have killed yourself in some way or another lol. Having no paralysis states during REM sleep is a disorder.

]

As far as I can remember, I've only had sleep paralysis once in my entire lifetime.

It was a truly terrifying experience, I though that something had happened while I was asleep that damaged my central nervous system. When it happened, I literally screamed at the top of my lungs. I didn't sleep for three nights straight afterwards and had trouble staying asleep for almost a month afterwards.

Boy does that suck, having your sleep ruined by fear, lol. I understand you perfectly :D

Yeah, quite often actually. Sometimes multiple times in one night!

I've gotten used to it. I just close my eyes until I can move again,

to avoid the scary hallucinations.

After it occurs once, take a break, don't go back sleeping for 30 or so minutes, cause it might actually force it to happen.

And the closing your eyes part is good, actually. You might hear things, though it won't be nearly as bad.

Had twice, at least far as I can remember.

Last time (second occurance) I woke up staring at wall while on my side, but I saw figures or shapes from dream were moving at that wall like I actually didn't wake up yet. "Weird... I propably should get up now"
was most likely my thoughts at time, but couldn't get up or move. It was quite interesting experience afterwards.

First occurance thought.. was very creepy at then, happened outdoors years ago. Never thought about it much before seeing this topic, didn't even know thing like this exist then. Thought it was just random then, but sleep paralysis might explain it. Now afterwards.. not sure was that moment just awkward or just ridiculous. Or both.

Without going details.. may did fall asleep at wrong time at wrong place in wrong location when that happened...  :adorkable:

This topic brings some good old memories at those times. :D

Edited by Faulty Circuit

Had twice, at least far as I can remember.

Last time I woke up staring at wall while on my side, but I saw figures or shapes from dream

were moving at that wall like I actually didn't wake up yet. "Weird... I propably should get up now"

was most likely my thoughts at time, but couldn't get up or move. It was quite interesting experience afterwards.

First time thought, was very creepy at then. Never thought about it much before seeing this topic. Didn't even know thing like this exist then. Now afterwards.. not sure was that moment just awkward or just ridiculous. Or both.

This topic brings some good old memories at those times. :D

May did fall asleep at wrong time at wrong place in wrong location when that happened...  :adorkable:

Weird that you were on your side on the first occurance, cause sleep paralysis occurs a LOT more often when sleeping on your back. Though it might happen on your side aswell, I guess.

Weird that you were on your side on the first occurance, cause sleep paralysis occurs a LOT more often when sleeping on your back. Though it might happen on your side aswell, I guess.

Actually that was second occurance. Edited post bit

I sleep on my side like 95% of times, might explain why only had so few yet. So if would been sleeping on my back all these times,

propably would have more often these. Not sure should I actually try that... :dash:

About first occurance, was sleeping on my back in some very interesting surroundings. Was outdoors.

Wasn't any visual then, but heard loud noises like someone was talking to me. Tried get up to see who it was which

totally scared me when realised that couldn't move. Couldn't get sleep all day after that.

Might been sleep paralysis... or I just did lost my mind then (wouldn't be surprised when thinking about that place...)

Actually that was second occurance. Edited post bit

I sleep on my side like 95% of times, might explain why only had so few yet. So if would been sleeping on my back all these times,

propably would have more often these. Not sure should I actually try that... :dash:

About first occurance, was sleeping on my back in some very interesting surroundings. Was outdoors.

Wasn't any visual then, but heard loud noises like someone was talking to me. Tried get up to see who it was which

totally scared me when realised that couldn't move. Couldn't get sleep all day after that.

Might been sleep paralysis... or I just did lost my mind then (wouldn't be surprised when thinking about that place...)

Nah, don't give it a try unless you really know what you're doing, it might really screw with your brain, to try and force/test if you'll end up waking up paralyzed. Stick with sleeping on your side imo :D

My third out of the body experience. I was pulling my aetheric legs out, but got scared. Stuck in vegetal. Key to remain calm and try again.

Made it out my physical body. Flying there listening to all sort of radio waves. Which is something you can do when bilocating outside your self. Being our consciousness, a frequency tuned into our genetic organism for experiencing life.

To see your body on the bed is quite fascinating, and terrifying for some.

Anyway, it wasn't fun, but then it was lots of fun, to jump beyond our atmosphere at light speed.

My third out of the body experience. I was pulling my aetheric legs out, but got scared. Stuck in vegetal. Key to remain calm and try again.

Made it out my physical body. Flying there listening to all sort of radio waves. Which is something you can do when bilocating outside your self. Being our consciousness, a frequency tuned into our genetic organism for experiencing life.

To see your body on the bed is quite fascinating, and terrifying for some.

Anyway, it wasn't fun, but then it was lots of fun, to jump beyond our atmosphere at light speed.

I do believe that's called astral projection if I recall correctly... Sleep paralysis is something completely different, though astral projection is close to lucid dreaming and lucid dreaming is close to sleep paralysis. BUT I'm not even sure what you experienced, though watching your body from above is definitely something astral projection brings. Google it.

It has happened to me a few times in the past, but thankfully not for a several years now.

I used to have severe anxiety issues and I think that is what set it off. The first time it happened it was absolutely terrifying, I saw a figure come into my room and look down at me. I vividly remember trying to call for help but not being able to.

I don't envy people who experience sleep paralysis on a regular basis.

It has happened to me a few times in the past, but thankfully not for a several years now.

I used to have severe anxiety issues and I think that is what set it off. The first time it happened it was absolutely terrifying, I saw a figure come into my room and look down at me. I vividly remember trying to call for help but not being able to.

I don't envy people who experience sleep paralysis on a regular basis.

Did you have any hearing hallucinations? 

Nothing to envy about people who experience it often, it gets to a point where it's annoying to them, without hallucinations and stuff, because they just get pissed off, not worried or scared. It just becomes boring, and that's worse I think.

• 2 years later...

I might have posted here before.

It happened to me once. I think I was in high school. I woke up and could not move. I eventually could start to shake my foot. I felt like if I stopped moving my foot then I would never be able to start again. I eventually kicked myself awake.

It has happened twice. The first time was short and is not remembered but it primed me for the second time so I recognised what was happening. I didn't panic nor did I think I was supposed to. It was interesting to watch and be without bodily concerns for a short time. I waited until I could move again but I didn't force it. If I was okay like that for hours during sleep I could wait a few more minutes :catface:

• 6 months later...