Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been sleep paralyzed?

Not unless you count this weird dream-inside-a-dream where I was laying in bed but couldn’t get up. But that didn’t really happen, I don’t think, so I wouldn’t count it. 

• Brohoof 1

It has happened to me. Mostly when I was a kid, but the only symptoms I suffered where trouble breathing and inability to move my body, I always freaked out but it never lasted long.

• Brohoof 3

It happened only once to me.
FORTUNATELY I knew what it was and that helped me a lot not to freak out but it was still scary.
I remember I woke up and all I could feel was a flow of air through me (I was breathing) but I couldn't do much to control it, I've immediately recognized what was happening but anyway I began asking myself: and if I can't wake up from this paralysys, am I going to die? Will I stop breathing?
I couldn't see anything because I have the habit to sleep in complete darkness, so I don't know if I managed to open my eyes or not but I couldn't feel any part of my body. I also did not have hallucinations, maybe I was too conscious and aware.
I tried to "break free" as hard as I could and through some effort I've unlocked my body but my chest hurt the whole day from this.

I have never experienced sleep paralysis. However, I do know what it is and my sister has gone through it. It sounds terrifying.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

yes once when i was younger, i was freaking out so badly that when i snapped out of it i had threw up all over my room rug. i remember being so upset that i did considering that rug was super cute lol

I've gotten it a few times. I've always been afraid of it but once I actually experienced sleep paralysis, it really wasn't all that bad IMO, like yeah I see that freaky shadow thing in the corner of my room, but I just have to shut my eyes and put all my energy into moving my body and I'm good. ^^

Only one time, I was internally freaking out and wanting to scream for help but when my body finally "allowed" me to move and such, I felt so exhausted I couldn't gather the energy to scream for real. :worry:

Three times.

The first time I saw a tall man with no face enter the room.

The second time there was a little ugly creature like a dwarf or a gnome in the middle of my room.

The third time I didn’t see anything but I did hear a scream.

Yes, on my trip to ND or SD I remember falling asleep and I can recall the car stopping but didnt know where i was and I kept trying to wake up but couldn't like move and there was this like guy on top of me me it was awful :| i struggled for WAY too long.  

On 2023-05-18 at 5:36 PM, Starlighty said:

there was this like guy on top of me me it was awful :| i struggled for WAY too long.  

Yes!!! It's likes something so heavy or keeping you strapped down, it's terrifying :worry:

Ah yes, I remember that one time I woke up and could not move. It was insanely creepy how I could not move, but see everything else around me.  I recall seeing the darkness creep up at me and I passed out. I woke up later wondering what happened and I learned that it was sleep paralysis.

• 6 months later...

I've woken up sleep paralyzed as many times as I can remember, from when I was a kid till now, and I absolutely hate it! While you come out of it somehow, you feel like you'll end up completely stuck forever.

Fortunately I haven't had the problem in recent times, so hopefully that will be the last time.