Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SunsetSentry hookup?

ManaMinori

After not getting anywhere with both Twilight's, do you think Flash would start to drift back to Sunset? Surely he must have seen something in her to be her boyfriend, right? Do you think that what he sees in Twi is what he first saw in Sunset, and is directing those feelings to Twilight now? Any chance, now that SS is good, that Flash might start pining for her again? Think he has any lingering feelings for SS?

No because the movies are not based upon romance. It's always a minor point, so I doubt they will ever go that route. Also not to mention Sunset herself explicitly states that the two were not really romantically attracted to each other and there was no love lost there. She dated him to use him, more or less the whole you look more powerful with an attractive person on your arm deal. So no, I doubt he'll drift back to her because there wasn't much there to begin with.

Um...well, maybe. The problem is Flash is more of a trope than an actual character. He existed so the writers could put a check mark on a checklist of high school movie tropes in the first film. That's why he's pretty much been shoved into the background with his cameos amounting to nothing in every film since. From the trailers and preview clips I do get the sense he might be used a little more than usual, but that may not be the case at all and I could be wrong. Heck, even if he does appear more that could just amount to three random cameos instead of two. The writers tend to leave ships to the imagination of the viewer though rather than truly fleshing them out so it's hard to say if Flash will ever be more than background filler.

I don't really think that would ever happen.

Because of the immense vitriolic hatred that Flash Sentry received (a lot of happened before the first movie was even released), I wouldn't be surprised if the fandom was somewhat responsible for why he has gotten less and less screentime per movie.

Plus I would rather see Princess Twilight hook up with Sunset instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope not. I don't think it would happen, anyway, since Sunset herself admitted to just dating him for popularity before. I'd prefer him to end up with SciTwi and keeping Sunny available for Princess Twilight.

I really hope not. I don't think it would happen, anyway, since Sunset herself admitted to just dating him for popularity before. I'd prefer him to end up with SciTwi and keeping Sunny available for Princess Twilight.

but that was in the past when she wasn't on the light side, so to speak. Who knows?her feelinG's may have changed , now that she's a better person who doesn't use others to get what she wants, anymore

but that was in the past when she wasn't on the light side, so to speak. Who knows?her feelinG's may have changed , now that she's a better person who doesn't use others to get what she wants, anymore

I'm just hoping they didn't, and even if they did I'm not going to accept it in my headcanon because Sunset and Princess Twilight is pretty much my OTP.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Flash has come to an understanding regarding his relationship to Twilight so he knows that the two of them can never be together due to her obligations. He's got nothing in common with Sci-Twi so there won't be anything to come from that, but I don't think he'll rekindle his relationship with Sunset. He just wants them to start over as friends and judging from how he says it, he hadn't spoken to her since they broke up.

To be honest, I felt that their interaction in LOE was setting up sort sort of furture arc between the two of them, whether that ends up being romantic is yet to be seen, but I'd be open to it, provided it was well executed and not just done for the sake of doing it.

After not getting anywhere with both Twilight's, do you think Flash would start to drift back to Sunset? Surely he must have seen something in her to be her boyfriend, right? Do you think that what he sees in Twi is what he first saw in Sunset, and is directing those feelings to Twilight now? Any chance, now that SS is good, that Flash might start pining for her again? Think he has any lingering feelings for SS?

Maybe he's into horse girls :dash:. Well, considering Sunny has changed pretty much, I guess he now finds her ex genuinely attractive, knowing he can't have either Twi

• 3 months later...

After not getting anywhere with both Twilight's, do you think Flash would start to drift back to Sunset? 

Why do so many people think that because of that one scene?

My gosh, guys! He was just thanking her and having a conversation.

Sure, it may seemed a bit odd that he suddently pulled the "you are nice"-card...but to be fair, if someone of the not so important characters should notice that Sunset changed, it should be him.

So, I see it as he said: He just wants to be friend with her. Probably because he sees her change and the effort behind it.

And by the way, if that scene was supposed to show that Flash and/or Sunset has/had romantic feelings there would have been blushing. I know that this sounds strange, but those are the Equestria Girls movies.

Surely he must have seen something in her to be her boyfriend, right? Do you think that what he sees in Twi is what he first saw in Sunset, and is directing those feelings to Twilight now? 

Well, my headcanon is that Flash got interested in Sunset because he heard her playing guitar. So, in my opinion, no.

I guess Flash has seen Twilight as a cute, new girl who needed help at first, and later as a cute girl who can take action, while Sunset was, in my headcanon, a girl he shared his interest with and who seemed at least kind of nice.

To be honest, I personally would not want them getting back together. Not because I dislike Flash, but for the sake of both characters.

Sunset wants to leave her past behind, and I do not think that starting a new relationship with the guy she used would be helpful.

And in Flash's case...it would make him look very naive, even if Sunset changed. Plus, switching between two girls does not make him likeable, either.

Therefore I would prefer them only being friends. Also to show that they are over their past at least to some degree.

I would even like to see them hanging out, with the group or alone.

I could see Sunset talking to him if there is something on her mind, she does not want or cannot talk about with her group or Princess Twilight.

And if Hasbro or the writers want Flash being in a relationship, Sunset could help him to find a new girlfriend (who is not part of the main group).

Edited by Aya. K.
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The smartest thing they could do at this juncture is not attach her to anyone, She's the lead, anyone romantically connected to the lead will destroy elements of appeal to some groups, sacrificing viewership in some way shape or form.

Superman has Lois, but seldom, unless in movie format, do we see anything closer then that.

The entire scene in four felt forced, and I'd be more interested in Derpy and Flash then SunFlash or FlashSet or whatever we're calling it now.

The only way I could see her hooking up with anyone, is if you had it happen, then something awful happens to her partner, leading to a more dramatic setting where we could see some emotion play out. Which, alas, is unlikely to happen :/

Simply put. We are most likely NEVER going to see any really important character in the show hook up with anyone in a cannon way.

_

Now shipping is another story.

And the answer is no....

No Sunset ship is exceptable except Sunset Sparkle.... Twilight Shimmer? Sci-Shimmer?..... You get my point.
I will fight you all over this. ~Puts up hooves~

Simply put. We are most likely NEVER going to see any really important character in the show hook up with anyone in a cannon way.

_

Now shipping is another story.

And the answer is no....

No Sunset ship is exceptable except Sunset Sparkle.... Twilight Shimmer? Sci-Shimmer?..... You get my point.

I will fight you all over this. ~Puts up hooves~

My point precisley:) 

*dodges hooves* 

I wouldn't be opposed to it. It'd make both characters interesting as they go through the efforts of rebuilding a relationship. 

I kinda feel sorry for the Flash character. So much potential, but because Hasbro wanted the film expedited into theaters, there was no time for writers to give Flash any appealing traits. 

Another reason why I do not want to see them in a romantic relationship is Princess Twilight.

Sunset may told Flash that he should get over the Princess, but she also knows that Twilight probably has still feelings for Flash, and so far it seemed like Twilight is very important to Sunset (I do not mean this in a shipping way).

So, if Sunset would start going out with Flash again, it would be a bitch move of her, and I cannot see Sunset doing something like this to one of closest friends. (Or at least I hope, she would never do it.)

Edited by Aya. K.

On 9/16/2016 at 4:48 PM, AlbaTross said:

Um...well, maybe. The problem is Flash is more of a trope than an actual character. He existed so the writers could put a check mark on a checklist of high school movie tropes in the first film. That's why he's pretty much been shoved into the background with his cameos amounting to nothing in every film since. From the trailers and preview clips I do get the sense he might be used a little more than usual, but that may not be the case at all and I could be wrong. Heck, even if he does appear more that could just amount to three random cameos instead of two. The writers tend to leave ships to the imagination of the viewer though rather than truly fleshing them out so it's hard to say if Flash will ever be more than background filler.

Pretty much this ^ :unsure:

Flash Sentry never felt like a real person. Or at least a person OUTSIDE of a high school romance film. The sports car, the jacket, the torn shirt, the guitar, the charmingly friendly yet laid back attitude with a hint of rebelliousness. Yeah...thats a real person I went to high school with ya know.