Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Your 'go-to' quick meals

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

This is the scenario: You are really hungry. (optionally to the point of collapsing almost) and you are not wanting to make anything fancy or anything huge, you just want a quick to make meal of some sort. In this scenario, what is your go-to quick meal of choice?

For me, it is either Chunky Chicken Noodle soup with crackers and sometimes spiced up a bit, or peppered beef stew with crackers. Dinty Moore canned beef stew usually, that stuff is amazing. <3

• Brohoof 1

I like Omelets.... They're just so flexible... I just take whatever's available and mix'em together with some farm fresh Eggs...

Great protein and almost always good

Personal Favourite is Shrimp and Cheese Omelet.... It tastes amazing O_o

• Brohoof 1

Sandwiches or dry cereal.  Sandwiches are super fast and can have different fillings.  You can make and eat them in less then 10 minutes so they are pretty great if you am starving.  

If I can wait for a little while, I'll quickly make some pasta and sprinkle cheese and olive oil on it. If I'm seconds from devouring the sofa, I'll whip up a juicy peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a salad to accompany it! :)

• Brohoof 3

Mac and Cheese is easy or can soup is one more on a sick note given how I might feel.   The other is hand cooked hamburgers if its not to hot!

Top Ramen, Hot Dogs, and Eggs. Those are my three quick fix meals I go for.

If I have the ingredients to make a real meal, my go to are thinks like pasta with meat sauce or sloppy joes. I can make some really good sloppy joes, and they take less than 10 minutes to make. I like to use spicy ground Italian sausage instead of ground beef. It adds some spice to the meal. I also like to use stewed tomatoes instead of just tomato sauce so I can have chunks of tomato in it.

Ramen. It's cheap, yummy and fast.

Pizza or lasagna that you can just heat in the microwave.

..or I just go to McDonald's cause I live like a 5 min walk from it

The extra cheese slices from your backyard bbq some months ago, pickles(yep), some bread slices(especially the ends), ketchup packets from Burger King and pretty much you have a ghetto sandwich without any slice of meat. It actually tastes okay... like imagine eating a handheld salad.

This is the scenario: You are really hungry. (optionally to the point of collapsing almost) and you are not wanting to make anything fancy or anything huge, you just want a quick to make meal of some sort. In this scenario, what is your go-to quick meal of choice?

For me, it is either Chunky Chicken Noodle soup with crackers and sometimes spiced up a bit, or peppered beef stew with crackers. Dinty Moore canned beef stew usually, that stuff is amazing. <3

I keep 1lb-baggies of frozen peas and carrots in the fridge. There's two meals' worth in there for just me, so i cook one bag, pour half in a container and fridge that. Then, some gnocchi or some angel hair (takes about as long to cook as ramen, really- 10 mins at the absolute MAX), toss in the veggies, toss in a can of shredded chicken or tuna (after opening the can, use the lid to drain the liquid, pour in some hot water, shake it a bit, pour it out. gets rid of a LOT of the fat and salt they pack in there).

So we've got pasta or gnocchi and veggies, and protein. a simple sauce made of olive oil and garlic, a dash of salt, some black pepper, and bam! Dinner. Microwave the veggies while the water is boiling, and it's done and ready to eat in 6-10 minutes, depending on how long it takes for the water to heat up. Bag of veggies is a dollar, so 50 cents per meal. Box of noodles is a dollar, or 50 cents a meal. A can of chicken is about two dollars. So, all told, three bucks for a quick and tasty meal.

%E5%8E%8B%E7%BC%A9%E9%A5%BC%E5%B9%B241.j

Hardtack, I could eat this all day.

It's so simple but so good, dipping them in tea is good too.

My go-to meal is simply a sandwich with anything I can put on it.

Microwave bean 'n' cheese burrito, apple sauce, and a string cheese.  That's pretty much what I eat ever single day for dinner.  When I'm more motivated, I slice up some whole fruit.  When I'm lazy, I grab the apple sauce.  Other than that, there's not much variance.  The beverages with this meal are water, a little fruit juice, and typically a Carnation Instant Breakfast, or "Breakfast Essentials" as they call it now.  Yeah, that's my typical dinner.  Takes just a few minutes to make.