Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Your 'go-to' quick meals

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

If I make a go-to 'meal', meaning an actual meal rather than a snack, I'll toss a frozen pizza in the oven or nuke a burrito in the microwave. Technically the burrito could be considered a snack, but I'll add some chips and salsa to bulk it out. :proud:  

• Brohoof 1

Instant noodles, usually shrimp flavored but considering I don't eat them as soup you don't really taste the shrimp...fortunately, since I don't like shrimp. I generally put them in boiling water for three minutes, throw out the water, then add the seasoning. So delightfully salty.

• 3 months later...

My quick go-to to just keep me from shaking (or if I take my medication on an empty stomach and start to feel the pain of that mistake!) is to grab peach chunks and toss them onto a cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and voila- nom noms. :D

When I get Hungry and My Mom's Boyfriend or My Mom is not making me Breakfast, I would eat either a Strawberry Pop Tarts (or Toaster Pastry) or a Cereal for Breakfast.

No effort / depressed meal: Kraft Dinner. Incredibly easy to make and it's a pretty decent 'feel-good' food you can eat right out of the pot. Toast is an occasional side dish.

Mild effort: A kielbasa/generic-meat wrap. Chop or tear up the meat, throw it on a heated pan on a stove-top, let it cook for a good three to five minutes while agitating it to ensure even browning and then throw it on the wrap. Add cheese, garlic and ketchup or barbecue sauce for extra flavour. Roast beef works really well with this technique too.

Edited by Celtore

if we have them, then microwave pizzas and chips/fries. Normally it would be Pasta packets or noodles. 

My on the go breakfast has become yogurts. It used to be cereal bars, but those got so expensive. 

I normally will have a pot noodle (instant noodles) just because I enjoy the taste of them and they are super quick to prepare.  

• Brohoof 2

If I'm honest, if I'm hungry for something quick, I might go to McDonalds! but if I'm making something quick instant ramen and a sandwich is a nice meal. I can't count the number of times i have done that in college...

If I can warm up something in the microwave then that's what I would do. On the other hand, I would also consider using the toaster so long as I remember to keep watch of it.

• Brohoof 1