Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think an "FiM-inspired/influenced" work would be like?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

If someone said that his/her work was inspired or influenced by MLP:FiM, people would expect it to be "rainbow ponies and wuv n' tolewance", even if his/her work is something very different (like some Douglas Adams-style novel, "Bayformers on Youtube Poop", super-horses doing random things, etc.).

If that author told you that MLP:FiM was the inspiration or influence behind his or her work, what will you expect it to have?

This post made me laugh. Animation's always been an interest of mine and MLP made me actually get started on something. I'm not going to get into specifics here as i'm still early in the process, but basically it's about a retired historical "grim reaper" like character that still has to deal with his immortality and today's society. It's actually going to be very dark humored compared to MLP. MLP is probably will be the last thing someone would think inspired it.

Edited by Cirrus.

I would personally think it would be...

Joyful

Clever

Strong

Meaningful

Beautiful

If any non-FiM works can carry these attributes, I think that it can carry a great resemblance to FiM whether or not ponies were even used at all because it represents something positive, just like the show.