Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Equestrian Pokemon Tournament!

Courageous Thunder Dash

So, modeling off of the Yu Gi Oh Equestrian Games...

This RP will make use of Pokemon Showdown. It's a website where you can battle other players online. Most of the time, people go on there for random battles. But, you can search for a user, that is, if you know their username and battle them there. 

Link to Pokemon Showdown website: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

You can read how it works here: http://pokemonshowdown.com/

So, for this roleplay, you can choose any pokemon you'd like. There's only one rule: you cannot choose the same pokemon. All of your pokemon must be different. You could have pokemon of the same type on your team, just not the exact same pokemon. All pokemon are level 100 and the number of pokemon allowed in your party is 3, so choose wisely. The reason why I'm not doing the usual six, is that it would take longer. 

How the Battle Works: In a pokemon battle, each player sends out one pokemon. The goal is to knock out all of your opponent's pokemon. The way to do this is to use moves. There are many moves one can use, but there are three basic types

Physical: A physical move utilizes punches, kicks and parts of the pokemon's physical body to deal damage. An example is Double Kick, which hits twice in a row. Physical moves may inflict status effects depending on the move. An example is that the dark move Crunch may lower the foe's defense. 

Special: Special attacks utilize a certain element like water, fire, and electricity. These attacks are more likely to inflict status effects such as poison, sleep, paralysis, burns and freezing. 

Status Effect Move: A status effect move only inflicts status effects, such as lowering or raising certain traits of a pokemon, like raising attack or lowering defense. 

All pokemon have a special ability that when utilized correctly, it can lead to amazing results. For instance, Heatran has the ability Flash Fire, which makes it invulnerable to fire attacks. 

So, now that we got the basics out of the way, let's get to the tournament. 

The tournament will be a single-elimination bracket. There will be eight contenders. I know that's a lot and it would take quite a bit of time to get to the finals...well...depending on what pokemon people choose. 

Before you can get started, you must create a username on Pokemon Showdown before you sign up. In addition, be sure to save the replays of the battles in case posting the actions takes longer. Ponies who aren't battling can interact with each other in the Trainer Lounge.

Battlers, PLEASE make sure you mention the person whom you're battling to avoid confusion. This is a must in order for this RP to work. 

Also, leave your username on Pokemon Showdown here on this thread. This way, you can search the user exactly and battle them without going through finding them randomly. Again, make SURE you SAVE THE BATTLE REPLAY.

As DM of the RP, I will not be participating. Instead, I'll just have one of my OCs be spectating and maybe giving advice. 

Slots

1. Dynamo Pad (PS Name: Kyubiki)

2. Surprise (PS Name: SunriseSurprise5)

The bracket will be posted once all slots are filled. This bracket will be generated by a bracket generator found online. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Site was down earlier today when I went looking, possibly related to a hack on the 17th. May want to hold off on this thread for a little bit.

Oh? I did even know about it. Well at least we should have people sign up and then tell them the news. 

I like Pokemon, but I'm not sure how this would be an RP if we are just searching out users and battling them.

Nope, if you read the top, everyone has to search for the user that they have to battle according to the bracket. Pokemon Showdown has a user search function, which means if you know someone's username, you can search them and battle them right then and there. 

This sounds pretty interesting. When choosing certain Pokemon, are there certain restrictions? Like we can't use legendary Pokemon or Pokemon that have abilities that put them in banned tiers? Like Greninja with the protein ability.  

This sounds pretty interesting. When choosing certain Pokemon, are there certain restrictions? Like we can't use legendary Pokemon or Pokemon that have abilities that put them in banned tiers? Like Greninja with the protein ability.

This is an open tournament. You just have to make sure your pokémon is level 100. This is a level 100 tournament. Probably the only risqué Pokemon is Arceus.

Nope, if you read the top, everyone has to search for the user that they have to battle according to the bracket. Pokemon Showdown has a user search function, which means if you know someone's username, you can search them and battle them right then and there.

That's what I said....

I don't know how there is supposed to be an RP if ALL WE ARE DOING IS SEARCHING OUT USERS TO BATTLE.

I don't feel much like repeating myself. Have fun y'all.

That's what I said....

I don't know how there is supposed to be an RP if ALL WE ARE DOING IS SEARCHING OUT USERS TO BATTLE.

I don't feel much like repeating myself. Have fun y'all.

Uhm, the thing I was trying to say is, there is a search function that allows you to search for a specific user to battle. It's why I required everyone to give me their usernames so that way they can use the search function on Pokemon Showdown, without randomly battling a user...

This is an open tournament. You just have to make sure your pokémon is level 100. This is a level 100 tournament. Probably the only risqué Pokemon is Arceus.

Oh okay thanks for letting me know on that. I'll give it a try

The OC I'll be using is Dynamo Pad: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dynamo-pad-r9001

My username on Pokemon Showdown is: Kyubiki. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Oh okay thanks for letting me know on that. I'll give it a try

The OC I'll be using is Dynamo Pad: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dynamo-pad-r9001

My username on Pokemon Showdown is: Kyubiki. 

You're signed up!

Surprise, in the meantime. Like the one in my avatar (though I need an artist to make me an OC request)

Alright, you're in!