Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Resurrect Old Threads?

ChB
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

Hi Everypony

Am I allowed to post in old threads, such as ones where the last post was in 2013 (or so)? 

Just want to make sure, as I was a member of another forum that doesn't allow this.

Plus, I don't want to make a new thread that has been frequently discussed, if that is discouraged here.  

Thanks.

ChB

Hi Everypony

Am I allowed to post in old threads, such as ones where the last post was in 2013 (or so)? 

Just want to make sure, as I was a member of another forum that doesn't allow this.

Plus, I don't want to make a new thread that has been frequently discussed, if that is discouraged here.  

Thanks.

ChB

In general yes you can 'necropost'. Just make sure it isn't a response to something obvious ... for example a topic about who will win the 2012 US Elections would be a bad thread to bump. 

You can create a new topic even it it is previously discussed, but if you see a red tag that says "Mega Thread" then those topics are so popular staff would merge any duplicates into it. 

• Brohoof 1

Posting on therads that have otherwise burried, or "necroposting" is totally alright on these forums. Also, we allowed duplicates of threads so long as it's not a duplicate of a mega thread. If a user creates a duplicate of such, it will be merged with the mega.

• Brohoof 1