Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Fear of Death

rcollinz13

I've been scared of dying since I was young... my phobia has gotten worse over the years. I end up thinking about it and crying...

I dont fear death, but i will avoid it should a "cure" become available in my lifetime. There's nothing to really fear because I wont even know when I actually die; it's just a void of complete and true nothingness. Kind of comforting in a way if you look at it from a certain point of view. Kind of like sleeping on a dreamless night. You dont notice the nothingness, your mind is just blank.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe we become ghosts after dying if we have enough determination, Id be more than satisfied with that kind of afterlife. But honestly, we wont know for certain until we actually die, and in some scenarios, we still wont know even then. Just dont worry about it, enjoy the gift of life while it lasts and do with it as you will. Your legacy probably wont matter to you in the long run anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I realized my own mortality when I was very young. I cried about it at first, but I quickly moved on. Now that I'm older, I'm more concerned with the quality of my life, as I grew up around sayings like,"There are fates worse than death" and "He greeted Death like an old friend." Now, a song I really like says,"One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember."

We are but sand and ashes in the wind. In the meantime though, make that stuff into colorful glass that shame the sun.

I don't mind dying. Kill me any time, only if it's painless. I've already done what I can do to to benefit others on my own strategies

But I'll stay alive longer since I simply can. I can still do more

(I sound like I should be in some anime)

I'm more terrified of the act of dying than I am of death itself, if I knew for sure that I'll have a peaceful death I'd even say that I'm looking forward to it. It's a fair ending, and there's something quite beautiful and poetic about it. 

I fear death too and thats why i'm not in a mental hospital yet. Dispite how crazy i can get. I'm on a lot of meds. Sometimes i worry they'll kill me, but they usually keep me stable enouth. Tonight i didn't seem so stable though. I started questioning the 'morallity' of how 'feminine' and 'innocent' i am again. I don't even know why i'm getting this way. I'm scared to go to bed, too. I don't want to have nightmares about torchering other people...because of things i've read online a few years ago that i just can not forget ;.;

• 2 months later...

I think the real fear isn't death itself but situations in which someone may die. Or what may kill. Ultimately, all fears involve in the worse scenario death. Fears of anything else are considered unhealthy. Death is feared only indirectly, but in its way only when the individual has no control, especially in these situations in which the individual is afraid of when death may occur.

But really, this is a good topic to toss this out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gR4sQvjt4

Edited by AaronMk

I'm certainly scared of what it feels like to die, and how my own death would affect those I know, but I'm not really scared of what happens to me afterward. That aspect of death is more intriguing than anything.

• Brohoof 1

I'm certainly scared of what it feels like to die, and how my own death would affect those I know, but I'm not really scared of what happens to me afterward. That aspect of death is more intriguing than anything.

So is for me. I DO fear my death will be painful, but I'm actually curious about what'll happen after I die. as a matter of fact, it is so strong that when I was deeply depressed, death WAS what I was looking forward the most, but now, I know I can make my life worth experiencing, and shaping it on how I see fit, and when death knocks my door...... just make sure I don't suffer  :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I wouldn't necessarily say I have a fear of death, I just fear leaving my family and friends behind and the thought of them being sad because I'm gone, is more like it. 

I am actually not as afraid of dying as I am of spiders or public speaking. I have come to terms with the fact that everyone dies. I just hope that, when I do die, it’s peacefully.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Due to my own views on the afterlife I’m not afraid of dying.

If anything it’s the how I’ll die that scares me. I hope it’s peaceful.

• Brohoof 1