Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Think Collecting Any Generation Of MLP Is An Expensive Hobby?

chaosprincess

Hello I am not completely sure if this topic has already been discussed, but I thought I would see what all of you think I myself am a collector and have spent a lot of money on my collection generation 1 Mimic and generation 1 pony friend Cutesaurus being my most expensive additions to my collection so what do you guys think? is it an expensive hobby and what is your most expensive pony merchandise you have purchased?

Collecting ANYTHING, depending on how passionate you are, is an expensive hobby

So, yes

That is true, but I suppose it all depends on what your collecting some collections can be rather cheap such as a rock collection and so fourth.

Without a doubt. Do you know how rich I would be if I didn't buy everything that had Rainbow Dash on it? Like, really rich. I would be a "hundredaire", know what I'm sayin'? ;)

lol I know all to well its amazing how much little plastic ponies can cost even the babies are expensive lol, but I suppose its well worth it. :)

Everything aiming to collect is expensive, specially with tons of colorful small horses and not to mention other brands and toylines  :-P . It's still fun though  :please:

That is so true I suppose it all depends on what your collecting at least rock collections are cheap lol and it seems my little pony generation 3 seems to be really cheap unlike the other generations that are expensive including the wee babies lol.

• Brohoof 1

collecting is expensive, but worth it in the end. Some of the ponies I have collected, even though I am super late in the game and just now started collecting them are double what they are worth. I got a 90 dollar Luna Vinyl that goes for double or more, a celestia for 90 and others for super cheaper than they are actually worth. Plus my non licensed statues that will be worth a lot to collectors. 

For myself, it would be. The toys often sell for 8 dollars or more and we need that kind of money for other things xD Like more clothes to wear and my sugarfree ice cream isn't exactly cheep either but i need it cuz it calms my autism down a lot when i eat that ice cream.

Some of my meds probably cost a lot too.

Edited by PinkuRiku
  • Brohoof 1

collecting is expensive, but worth it in the end. Some of the ponies I have collected, even though I am super late in the game and just now started collecting them are double what they are worth. I got a 90 dollar Luna Vinyl that goes for double or more, a celestia for 90 and others for super cheaper than they are actually worth. Plus my non licensed statues that will be worth a lot to collectors. 

That is true it is worth it and its nice to look over at your collection even if its not a lot, and I agree everything has doubled people unfortunately think ponies are worth more then what they really are worth that goes for the older generations as well  and that's not bad you must have been happy when you purchased them.

For myself, it would be. The toys often sell for 8 dollars or more and we need that kind of money for other things xD Like more clothes to wear and my sugarfree ice cream isn't exactly cheep either but i need it cuz it calms my autism down a lot when i eat that ice cream.

Hey nothing wrong with that at times there is more important things then purchasing ponies, but you don't need to purchase the merchandise to be a fan its more important to use the money towards whats really needed so your making the right decision by spending the money on things that are needed ponies are just toys your health and others is more important then a plastic toy and your right its unbelievable how much things cost in today's society its hard to making a living, but glad to read your getting what you need to keep yourself healthy. 

Yes especially the first gens. Third gens are quite to cheap and it makes easier somewhat easier to collect them. But on the topic of first gens they are quite expensive. Like a certain rare unicorn with a parrot on her flank or Rapunzel new in box that would run you at the least 500 big ones. I usually make myself near bankrupt buying these vintage colorful ponies lol.

• Brohoof 1

Yes especially the first gens. Third gens are quite to cheap and it makes easier somewhat easier to collect them. But on the topic of first gens they are quite expensive. Like a certain rare unicorn with a parrot on her flank or Rapunzel new in box that would run you at the least 500 big ones. I usually make myself near bankrupt buying these vintage colorful ponies lol.

I agree generation 1 ponies are quite expensive, but sometimes you can get some good deals when you least expect it and its worth it when you look over at your collection, but it is kind of funny in a way if somebody went bankrupt over colorful plastic ponies, but I still say its worth the purchase, but of course pay for whats important first and if you have some money left over then why not buy some ponies you live once minus well make yourself happy even if it includes buying colorful ponies.

Well whether you buy some of the more expensive, sought after ponies and playsets or not, it can certainly stack up.

We all need more ice cream money.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Well, it really comes down to how much you're paying for the things you're collecting. I've gotten a large chunk of my pony collection from thrift stores and flea markets, for reasonably low prices. I really just wait for things to end up on sale, get a coupon, or find them used somewhere, and I save a lot of money doing that. Plus, it's always possible to clean up the dirty ones.

But it does get expensive if you're searcher the rare ones all the time. I myself just stick to getting anything I don't have yet.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it really comes down to how much you're paying for the things you're collecting. I've gotten a large chunk of my pony collection from thrift stores and flea markets, for reasonably low prices. I really just wait for things to end up on sale, get a coupon, or find them used somewhere, and I save a lot of money doing that. Plus, it's always possible to clean up the dirty ones.

But it does get expensive if you're searcher the rare ones all the time. I myself just stick to getting anything I don't have yet.

I agree I do the same thing just shop around at thrift stores shopping online is what makes it a tad more expensive to me I try to go for the cheaper ones due to their not going to be perfect especially the older my little ponies age catches up.