Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Video Game Sound Effects

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Video games are an ocean of all sorts of different visual styles, but as well as visual styles, many games have tons of different kinds of sound design too. With all of those different types, each game can have its own variety of wonderful sound effects that can add to the atmosphere of a game or just be wonderfully iconic.

So, today's gaming question is this: What are YOUR favorite sound effects in all of gaming?

For me, the Zelda 'acquiring new item' sound effect is music to my ears.

I also think Minecraft has some of the best sound effects ever. The sound of mining stone, the sound of picking up mined materials, the game has so many great sounds. <3

Metal Gear Codec and the "!"

Super Mario Mushroom

No More Heroes Splashes

Zelda Item Get

OBJECTION!

Edited by Megas

well my main one would have to be battlefield 1942 because i always loved the sound effects when vehicles exploded :P

minecraft is pretty good too! ;o

• 6 years later...

The sound that plays whenever you get an air bubble in a Sonic game. Underwater levels suck, but that sound is just satisfying to hear.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Cash_In said:

The sound that plays whenever you get an air bubble in a Sonic game. Underwater levels suck, but that sound is just satisfying to hear.

Yes, that one is really good!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-03-26 at 2:43 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

The sequence sound of "cheer up":Tempest:  

"Cheer Up. You're slightly closer to finishing the Zone." :laugh:

2 hours ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Not a specific game per se but my favourite sound related to games is the Xbox 360 achievement sound. That little baloop! is incredibly satisfying :wub:

That one is really good. I'm a bit of an achievement hunter, so it's always extra fun to get the achievement and get to hear that satisfying sound as a mark of your accomplishment!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

"Cheer Up. You're slightly closer to finishing the Zone." :laugh:

That one is really good. I'm a bit of an achievement hunter, so it's always extra fun to get the achievement and get to hear that satisfying sound as a mark of your accomplishment!

100%! Something I rather enjoy doing from time to time is making a new account just to play a game I've already finished and get those achievements again HEHE! 

2 hours ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

100%! Something I rather enjoy doing from time to time is making a new account just to play a game I've already finished and get those achievements again HEHE! 

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who did that. If I'm replaying a game, you bet I'm getting all those achievements again!:ButtercupLaugh: