Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever stolen anything?

Member Berry

As in shoplifted. I stole a nougat from a stall in a fair when I was about 15. I don't know why as I don't even like them. The guy behind the stall was looking the other way sorting boxes out, I just slid it in my bag. I still don't get why I did it. I just thought I'd get away with it and I did. I've never stolen anything since. I was stupid and I knew it was stupid then. That was just a weird urge I had.

I was just watching a documentary on kleptomaniacs and shoplifting so that's why I thought about it.

Have you ever done something like that? I'm not condoning this in any way, by the way. it's just something I did for no reason and I don't know why. I'm just interested if anybody else has a similar story.

• Brohoof 2

I have stolen stuff. In my teens, I lived with my sick grandmother and money was scarce. We had food on the table, but only the basics, because we couldn't afford any fancy stuff. So my friends and I used to go down to the local food store and buy cheap stuff like milk, while at the same time shoplifting stuff like cookies, pepperoni, butter, cheese and other stuff that weren't close to the register. A friend of mine was very daring. To him it was more of a game (I guess in a way it was a game to all of us). He managed to lift a packet of cigarettes from just above the register - with the cashier sitting right there, looking for something she dropped on the floor. (Don't worry, in Sweden it doesn't come directly out of the employees' wages.)

Another time, in the winter, the same friend was with me in the store, and we were separated from each other. While I was trying to decide what to take with me without paying, he came up to me and said "Hey, we've gotta go." I told him I hadn't found anything yet and he went off again. After a while, he came back and I still hadn't decided. But he insisted that we REALLY had to go. So we did, and after paying for the milk or whatever, I was disappointed in my lack of loot, but curious what the rush was. He hurried around the corner of the store and I hurried after him. I saw him tear off his jacket and taking out a box of a frozen oven-ready chicken dinner. And he said: "SO COLD! I thought my heart would stop!" :D

Eventually we had to stop what we were doing at that store. One of the employees figured out what we were doing, and this one time I saw him go out of the store when we arrived at the cashier. I was sure he went there to stop us when we were to leave. So we returned all the loot, and never did it again. Then I got my my own income and didn't have to steal anymore (I guess didn't have to before either, but well, anyway). Today I wouldn't steal anything anymore. I mean I would, if I were starving or needed to feed someone else who was, or whatever. And though the shoplifting stories are kind of funny, I don't want to glorify stealing or shoplifting. It can be risky, and the stuff you takes comes out of someone else's wages in the long run. I feel I've splained enough now. Bye

Edited by woodgazer
  • Brohoof 4

Oh, I also apparently stole a necklace from a shop when I was about three. My mother realised when we left the store and she took it back. I can't remember doing it but my mother does.

Edited by Kayleigh

I stole a bill of high denomination from someone's wallet, said wallet had a chain. I slid my hand inside his pocked with unnoticeable delicacy, keeping up phase, I deposited it back with surgical precision. It was art.

Soon after I gave him the money back, he was pissed for being fooled blindly. I was eight or so years old, it's something I do all the time. Test myself in areas which are seemingly unknown, yet I discover great talent regardless.

To know myself, through means of experience.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I'll confess!

All of these I done when I was a child...hehe. I took candy from the bulk candy displays at grocery stores, took an pencil from the box if I desperately need one at school, found money(c'mon finders keepers!), some yugioh booster card packs and if I continued I'll probably send myself to jail!

Thank goodness I stopped stealing...well...um.

Edited by Melodic Twilight

Nope, never stolen anything from a store that I can remember.

Actually, I recall one time where a store employee (at least, I think he was an employee) yelled at me and threatened to call the cops and have me arrested cause while i was browsing the shelves, I'd absentmindedly stuck a chocolate bar I intended to buy in my pocket. Although, in my defense, said candy bar was not hidden in anyway and was clearly visible from across the store and I think this guy didn't like me from the moment I walked in, cause I remember him stalking me from aisle to aisle and only getting more abrasive when I tried to defend myself. I was a socially-awkward, introverted teenager at the time though, so I just took his abuse while I tried not to burst into tears, paid for my stuff and ran home like my heels were on fire.    

Alright, I'll confess!

All of these I done when I was a child...hehe. I took candy from the bulk candy displays at grocery stores, took an pencil from the box if I desperately need one at school, found money(c'mon finders keepers!), some yugioh booster card packs, and if I continued I'll probably send myself to jail!

Thank goodness I stopped stealing...well...um.

There's some more but I'll probably shouldn't tell...

Edited by Melodic Twilight

No, absolutely not.

Although I remember one time I was wearing a hoodie and I guess that somehow made frail me look suspicious. They contacted my parents and told them that I looked suspicious because they had people coming in with hoodies and sticking beers in the pockets and going in the bathrooms.

As if. I don't drink beer, and I would never set foot in their restrooms. Nor would I ever steal, of course.

I bet it looked like it one of the last mornings I worked at Walmart, though. I was buying a personal item so I was in a rush to get the self checkout done with, I ended up scanning something expensive twice. In order for it to be removed an attendant would have had to have came up and done it manually so I just checked out, ran over to the aisle grabbed another one and left.

That could have looked suspicious. Thankfully no suspicion ever came upon me. -_- I mean I didn't steal anything, but it might have looked like it.

When I was like 4 or 5, I shoplifted from sea world. It was one of those rubix cube things, except only horizontal and it swapped body parts of sea life.  I didn't know I had to buy things. I just thought back then that if you walked into a place w/ you parents or grandparent's that you got to walk out w/ whatever you wanted. 

I've never stolen anything in a store. But, when I was in physical high school I would steal from my classmates all the time. I would take pencils, pens, notebooks, planners, erasers, packs of gum, hand sanitizer, mirrors, combs, boxes of tissues, a few pencil cases, stacks of loose paper, etc. I can't remember everything I stole. But, it was quite a lot. I still have the urge to steal, but I have not taken anything in a long time. I'm sure that all the items that I took made it's way back to there respected person. Because I lost just about everything I took. I would notice that some students would have their things back too. I was also the "pencil student" who had pens or pencils for everyone. I'd carry ten or twenty everywhere I would go and give just about all of them to students in need throughout the day. So, you could say I was being robbed of my writing utensils too.

It's a good thing I've learned to stop stealing too. Especially now that I work at a very low security grocery store...

Edited by YouMayNykki

I actually have, once. I was really little when I did this, so, I don't blame myself entirely. XD I was at my babysitter's house and her kid had this little car thingy, one of those that you push back and let it go and it goes crazy. Well, I fell in love with that little toy, so I sorta put it in my pocket before my mom picked me up. Needless to say I got a lecture after that though. So it was like, 5 year old me that stole something. :P Since then, haven't stolen anything.

• Brohoof 1

I did accidentally stole from a pay by weight restaurant. I was new to that kind of stuff, so I'd just picked my food and went straight to my table. I found out I had to pay before in the middle of my meal  :blush:

When I was young, I stole small objects from my schools. Nothing huge, just things that randomly interested me. I didn't do this much, but I remember stealing a small trapezoid shape block thing for counting from like, my 3rd grade class. I also stole one single chip...piece thing from my fifth grade class, as well as something else that was tiny I can't remember. And I remember not paying for lunches and just walking out of line and now I feel guilty. They caught me though and luckily I didn't really get in trouble. Anyhow...I think the last time I really stole anything was fifth grade. I need to go make myself feel better now. >.>'

Shoplifted?  No.  Never.  I stole a piece of Halloween candy from my brother's trick or treating stash as a little kid because it was one of my favorites, I didn't get any, and he tended not to eat his candy and just let it sit in his room for months.  I figured why let it go to waste, so I snatched one.  That's the only thing I ever stole, as far as I remember.

I've never shoplifted.  I've been accused of it, but I've never actually done the deed.  I wouldn't shoplift on moral grounds (perhaps I'm a goodie two shoes in that regard), but I don't think less of people who shoplift food simply because they're genuinely hungry and would otherwise go without.

I have, however, stolen maybe $0.50 (in grade school; I felt terrible about it after) and a handful of Magic cards (high school) from someone who stole Magic cards from me in the past.  I fessed up like a decade later and bought the guy a Magic: The Gathering fat pack.