Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you lie?

zerox

Simple question.

Myself: almost never. I lied only about unimportant stuff like when did you go to sleep or did you brush your teeth. I never lied about anything important as far I can remember. Rather than lying I just say I can't tell you that or I don't wanna talk about it...etc

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 3

It's almost impossible not to lie nowadays. "How are you? I'm fine!" And here you go, in most cases, that would be the first lie of the day, because face it... You are NOT fine at 8 am Monday morning. No one is... And now please do excuse me, there is a spider on the wall I need to dispose of...

• Brohoof 4

Well I lie to my dad but that's cuz he's kind of an asshole so truth will lead not good things.

The things Iie to him about I don't like to my mom or the rest of my family tho.

I lie that I don't drink alcohol to my older family members cuz I feel uncomfortable drinking around them.

Also to avoid telling anyone anything private about myself I might lie if I don't feel comfortable telling them/haven't gained their trust etc.

But besides that I consider myself a very honest person. Especially to my close friends and siblings

But it depends on if you consider not telling someone the truth as lying without saying a lie. Cuz I do that when it involves private stuff.

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 2

when it come to me, and pertaining to me... I tend to be more liberal with my information...

but if I am asked about other, or about a subject I should not, (or do not) talk about, then I have a tendency to lie...

(usually to spare feelings and avoid conflict)

I was raised to not lie, and was also raised to believe that any "explanation" is just an excuse...

I do lie to myself a lot, and I do come up with "explanations" all the time...

and when I do lie, its what would be considered "little white lies", to save face, and sanity (and usually the lie is "I don't know...")

• Brohoof 1

No more than the average person, maybe even slightly less. I had a time a few years back when I managed to go a long time - Six months or more, maybe - without telling a single lie. Sadly that wasn't sustainable. But that shows it can be done. Made a conscious effort to be completely transparent about everything during that time.

Having very low morals, I usually actually say the truth, I win the arguement anyway, I did something for a goddamn reason and I don't care if it was wrong, I did it cause it was right in my personal opinion, or I just didn't think about it, I'm a human being, I make mistakes, what can people reply to that :D

I usually lie when it's not something important or I just want people from asking more personal questions I don't want to answer. I used to be a fatty, male, and human AJ, never tell a lie, but lately, I'm been either lying or telling half-truths. Life and circumstances changed, had to adapt

I don't lie as a general rule. It feels unnatural and is seldom worth the trouble of having to follow through with it as far as goes. A solid lie can have legs and can easily spread out of control.

The only time I lie is when I need to be polite to an annoying customer or to avoid pointless conflict. But in such cases it's really more a matter of 'not telling the truth' than actually telling a lie. :orly:   

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I will do whatever suits my interests. If I feel lying is better for me than telling the truth, I will do so. In general, however, I go with the truth because keeping a bunch of lies in working order is often more trouble than it's worth.

I don't lie about important things but occasionally when I'm nervous enough I tend to accidentally lie about something. One of those things is faking an illness to stay out of school or making a quick lie when I'm too scared of someone's response. It's one of my worst characteristics and I even hate it myself.

I'd say 'always', but that's a paradox.

...too often. Lying is one of the best verbal or mental tools people have. Not using it can be... disadvantageous, i guess would be the word.

Sometimes i feel ashamed of what i lie about, but that's just who i am. Honesty was never my strong suit.

Never? < _<  I'm stupidly-honest; to the point where it's potentially detrimental.  I might unintentionally misinform someone, but I wouldn't realize that my information was wrong when I did so.  The worst you'll probably ever see me do (outside of a little forums sarcasm or light bullshitting) is be vague or evade a question, but it's likelier that I'll just tell you something (if answering won't get me banned or result in my social security number being stolen).

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you wanna get technical, we all lie all the time, like if you say, "I'll be there in a sec," but you're there in 10 seconds.

But no, I never lie.  Just call me Applejack.  I'm extremely honest, even it makes things awkward.  It's more interesting, and it's liberating to let people know who you really are.

I'd say 'always', but that's a paradox.

...too often. Lying is one of the best verbal or mental tools people have. Not using it can be... disadvantageous, i guess would be the word.

Well, it's certainly true that there are instances when it would obviously be best to lie.  Imagine you're sheltering some Jews in WWII, and some Nazis come a knockin' and say, "Got any Jews?!"  Only a fool would say, "Course.  'Round back."  Lying would be the only ethical course of action.  (Incidentally, the proper response in that scenario would be "go fish.")  Lying can be necessary to protect oneself and others.  Complete honesty in the presence of evil or villainy would most surely be suicidal.  The examples are endless in which lying is the only ethical thing to do.  The times when lying is wrong is when it betrays trust, or takes advantage of the innocent.

Edited by Justin_Case001

not enough apparently... i love brutal truthful upfront honesty, if someone has a problem with me id like them to say it to my face so i can work with them to solve it.

but its a bit like communism.. it sounds good but when practised doesn't turn out too well :/
apparently the people of today like spoon full upon spoon full of sugar coating with every carefully plucked socially acceptable word that exits from another's mouth.
which unfortunately... isn't in my social nature...  :lie:

• Brohoof 1