Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food have you eaten somewhere so often that they remembered your order?

KrazyDashie

The gas station by my house always has my cigarettes ready, does that count?

The firing range I go to usually has my favorite lane. But I don't eat out often enough to merit a restaurant nowing my order. Eating at restaurants is expensive.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to come to our local snack bar so often they remembered my order and gave me the nickname 'Mr. Frikandel', with a frikandel being some kind of sausage made of meat paste. Watching them get made looks gross, but they taste amazing. Because of that, I tended to order five at a time.

• Brohoof 1

There's this Chinese food lunch truck I frequently visit at work. I usually end up getting one of three things and they often guess correctly what I'm having that day. :)

Yeah. The Panera Bread near my school. I ate there do much as the year because I got a ton of gift cards for them that the attendant there recognized me every tim and would remember my favorite order. It was kinda nice that shedid, it made me feel like I was a valued customer.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Yep! My husband was a sous chef at a restaurant and on days I had meetings with clients downtown I'd stop by his work and the bartender knew to bring me a Disaronno neat, the server would bring my nicoise salad- no capers and extra tuna with a side of roasted garlic, and they stopped even asking me where I wanted to sit. Spoiled? me? nah. <3   :grin:

Sadly, me and my wife are just recognizable people so we end up being recognized by owners and managers often enough to where people know who we are and what we order by the 2-3rd time we come in.

Yeah that happens to my husband and I too. I think it's partially because we dress...well, hell, I'll just say it...eccentrically. We both enjoy fabulous hats and I tend to dress the way I paint: colorfully. Plus we're both extroverted and incredibly friendly, lol. What makes you guys so recognizable do you think? <3

Edited by Color Song
  • Brohoof 1

Well we have fish and chips every Wednesday and we always go to the same shop every week. My dad is even now good friends with the manager there and he always remembers our order even though dad still calls him to order. The thing is that sometimes dad gets a slightly different order than normal like he rarely orders potato cakes. :)

We have a local restaurant that does know exactly what I order. I've felt bad lately, because they knew exactly what I eat and drink, so they'd just bring it out without even having to ask. When I stopped drinking pop last year, it made things a little awkward. Even last week I went there and a waitress still served me a Pepsi. I felt bad because I had to to ask for water instead.

• Brohoof 1

Haha before I moved away to college, I would always go to this one Subway often too. It was usually the same people working so I was almost always recognized.

And now it's the same way with the Subway in my college's food court. :lol: I've gotten to be good friends with an employee who happened to be one of my classmates last semester. She memorized my typical order real quick. There was one time when someone else made my sub but she told them to make mine extra beautiful. :D

our local Dominos, but only because I used to work there. when I lived on my own it was always 2 boxes of Cheese twists and brownies or Chicken side. 

Another one was a Kebab van near where my ex lived. We'd have a kebab from there....far too often ^^; but daymn they were good. It was one of those places that gave you more food if you had revealing clothes (girls that is), so I always wore the low cut tops in the summer when we got food there. XD it worked and the guy recognized me even in the winter when i was in a tshirt. Hooray for boobies LOL

• 2 years later...
(edited)

One of the Subways I used to eat at quite often in town, this girl who worked there started recognizing me and remembering what sub I always ordered and even what toppings I liked on it. ^_^

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Many moons ago when I worked at the HQ for a tax company, I would go down to the Burger King with my brother and the guy there knew what we liked. He was a cool guy too. I miss having a good chat with him.

Oh, and there was the Mexican/BBQ place in town even more moons prior that knew what to get us when we came in. There were four of us: me, my brother and two friends. We all worked at the same place.

I don't go out enough these days for people to remember my order but when I was in high school, I used to go to this one really delicious take-out place and always order the sesame chicken.  It got to the point that the lady would just put my order in and tell me my total as I walked in.  She was such a sweet lady and she'd always add some goodies to my order like an extra egg roll or something.  I'm really sad they closed years ago.  The take-out places aren't the same here, not as good, so I don't get take out as much as I used to.

Yes. :lie:

I got the same thing at the Burger King on my college campus so often that they'd see me walking up and have my order ready and in a bag by the time I got to the counter.

There's a subway I go to at the same time once every week or two. They're close to memorizing my order. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

There's an Italian restaurant that my dad and I go to every so often. The manager there had payed attention and memorised all our orders from three separate visits. I was quite surprised that he had managed to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah! I used to go to a subway at the same time each week after baseball practice, so the same person was usually working. I would always get one of two fillings so they would ask me which of the two I wanted that day.

It's actually super thoughtful when someone pays enough attention to you that they remember something like this. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have

I eat at my local Burger King so often and order the exact same way every single time that they all know me and train new employees to know me as well as my order. Talk about service!

Well, except one. She for some odd reason doesn't like me, we don't talk, and I have to ask someone else to help me :(