Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you enjoy seeing the girls trying to hide their magic from their familys?

Unlikeable Pony

Anyways, here's a question; since the mane six are pretty much verging on being full on magical girls now with having defined magical abilities and how often they're fighting magic and demons and crap, would you enjoy some scenes of them trying to hide their abilities/magical natures from their family members?
or would you prefer to assume that their family's know and, like 99% of the rest of town, don't seem to care or go into that?

Kind of like how in some superhero shows there's running subplots of a character trying to keep their super hero identity a secret from a loved one (like Aunt may and spiderman), or how in sailor moon their families didn't know at first they were magical girls.
granted, this kind of thing wouldn't really work so well for a movie format, but would fit more for a series, but its still a possible source of conflict in the series.

So, anyways, what are your views on whether that should ever be touched on?

Nah, it would be too cliche, not interesting, and we want some magical girl action kicking monster butte  >_> . Besides, half the school already knows about their magical shenanigans  :dash: . It would be interesting though, to discover there's an old group of ACTUAL magical humans. Be that either from ponies who went to the human world EVEN BEFORE the sirens or Sunny a long time ago, or their descendants. Now that's a plot I would like to see  :catface:

Not really. For one thing, their families aren't the focus of the series, and for another they hardly keep their magic secret as it is. They've recorded themselves in anthro forms, considering they show Twilight the footage, and the odds of Rainbow Dash, especially during RR, resisting the urge to become an YouTube sensation are slim to none. She'd have posted the footage everywhere and told everyone about how awesome she is. If they were to throw such a plot line into the next EQG movie the plot holes would reach critical mass and probably destroy the universe.

Honestly I really don't think it's needed. It really reminds me of X-Men, and while I enjoyed the movies that I did watch, it's not a story I would enjoy see being repeated.

Not really. For one thing, their families aren't the focus of the series, and for another they hardly keep their magic secret as it is. They've recorded themselves in anthro forms, considering they show Twilight the footage, and the odds of Rainbow Dash, especially during RR, resisting the urge to become an YouTube sensation are slim to none. She'd have posted the footage everywhere and told everyone about how awesome she is. If they were to throw such a plot line into the next EQG movie the plot holes would reach critical mass and probably destroy the universe.

Going to be honest, if you saw a video of someone playing a rock song and turning into a furry IRL in a youtube video, would your first thought be "OMG, FURRIES ARE REALLY ANTHRO!" or would it be "Good special effects"

• Brohoof 1

Going to be honest, if you saw a video of someone playing a rock song and turning into a furry IRL in a youtube video, would your first thought be "OMG, FURRIES ARE REALLY ANTHRO!" or would it be "Good special effects"

Point taken. But what are the odds Rainbow didn't show this off to her parents IRL? It could still be done with special effects, but I'm fairly certain that once she flies around the house (and she will, she's Rainbow Dash) her parents would be forced to accept it's real.

Oh yeah, I got a detail that'll take some sense to a potential plot like that: It's official that all CHS knows about the two Twilights. Remember how Flashy tried to speak with Human Twi in FG because he thought he was speaking with his crush? Now by 

Legend of the Everfree he's now aware the Twi he crushed on is a pony from another dimension

I am undecided, it would be a good plot point for a future movie or a series if they were trying to decide if they should use their magic openly or not. Villains might take notice if they start using their powers frivolously. Like say, a James Bond style Super-Villain Ahuizotl or Human world Queen Chrysallis.

You would be better off with their parents having to deal with the understanding that their girls have changed to something not "human". Like X-men with parents finding out their kid is a mutant.

Anyways, here's a question; since the mane six are pretty much verging on being full on magical girls now with having defined magical abilities and how often they're fighting magic and demons and crap, would you enjoy some scenes of them trying to hide their abilities/magical natures from their family members?

or would you prefer to assume that their family's know and, like 99% of the rest of town, don't seem to care or go into that?

Kind of like how in some superhero shows there's running subplots of a character trying to keep their super hero identity a secret from a loved one (like Aunt may and spiderman), or how in sailor moon their families didn't know at first they were magical girls.

granted, this kind of thing wouldn't really work so well for a movie format, but would fit more for a series, but its still a possible source of conflict in the series.

So, anyways, what are your views on whether that should ever be touched on?

Think of it as Super Man, Klark Kent as a normal person, Super Man as a hero.

You would be better off with their parents having to deal with the understanding that their girls have changed to something not "human". Like X-men with parents finding out their kid is a mutant.

Now that is something we don't need in Equestria Girls.