Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heavenly Inexplicit

If you like bugs, lets talk about bugs! If you don't like bugs, then let's talk about bugs!

Crustaceans, Arachnids, Insects, Myriapods, and all other armored creeping things!

They remind me of curious, aloof little robots.

I have trouble thinking of a favorite, because there's so many different kinds. Right now

I like Darkling beetles, because they're so active and fun to watch.

(Some while later)

It seems that not many people here are as enthusiastic about bugs...

9KNXmgm.jpg

Edited by Heavenly_Sun

Noooo. I wouldn't kill one or anything (I don't like it when people do that) I just have a phobia of large bugs. 

Ugh, my nephew (he's three) had a huge spider on his face a couple of weeks ago and he went "Look auntie Kayleigh!" and I didn't want to freak out as I don't want him to have a phobia of spiders because of my reaction. I was very brave :P and said "oh.... yeah" then got my sister to deal with it :P That was quite brave of me lol.

• Brohoof 3

I like non pest bugs. Back when I was a kid in elementary school, me and my friends used to spend recess along the fence line that backed up to a grassy field. What we were hunting for is praying mantises. We'd catch grasshoppers and snakes too. I had a cage so a lot of times I would bring stuff home.

An odd thing that happens every couple years is that I find baby praying mantises wandering around INSIDE my house. I have to take them outside or my cat would probably eat them.

My family has a cottage in Michigan on the east side of the thumb. Sometimes it gets windy and poor Monarch butterflies get stranded on a twig or something holding on for dear life. A lot of them die this way by starving/dehydrating to death. If i see them I pick them up and they usually desperately try to drink something out of my finger they're so hungry. I take them back to my cottage and put them on a hummingbird feeder and in a half hour they fly off good as new.

I also like to take photos. These are two of my most recent "bug" ones. I had to shrink them way down to post. They were VERY tricky to take. If you look very close, you can see that the spider actually has little eyebrows! :lol:

post-24370-0-78117900-1474729803_thumb.jpg

post-24370-0-53926100-1474729847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Noooo. I wouldn't kill one or anything (I don't like it when people do that) I just have a phobia of large bugs. 

Ugh, my nephew (he's three) had a huge spider on his face a couple of weeks ago and he went "Look auntie Kayleigh!" and I didn't want to freak out as I don't want him to have a phobia of spiders because of my reaction. I was very brave :P and said "oh.... yeah" then got my sister to deal with it :P That was quite brave of me lol.

Spiders are nothing to be afraid of... Only be afraid if yhour in Australia... I heard they have VERY harmful spiders there...

I don't like bugs, mainly spiders, because they look scary. Though it's sad, because that's not their fault they look like this.

I dislike most of these tiny entities, unless they're friendly, harmless and don't look disgustingly-scary.  :adorkable:

Though even harmless bugs can actually bring some problems.

When I had home renovation, then when I was replacing windows with new ones, I found a big anthill below window's frame. Tons of ants and tiny little eggs were in here moving all over the place, there were even ants with wings...  :awuh:

What I had to do then? I couldn't let them get inside and invade my home.  :(

I felt so bad for ... but...  :(

These tiny bugs can get anywhere and that's scary itself ~ our world is stupidly constructed...

Or... a mosquito? This one is a frustrating one. I can't sleep because of them and sometimes I wonder, why such a thing exists.

Of course, I'm not the one to judge who should survive and such, but WHY they were created that way? Can't we all live in harmony? On the other hoof, humans are stupid as well.

I really wish I could... I don't know... for example talk to a spider and be friends? Something like Fluttershy does...

But since that's impossible, then I kinda wish it all didn't exist... No spiders, no annoying/destructive/dangerous little insects and bugs invading your house ~ sleeping even on the grass without being invaded by them and such...

I know, that some of them actually have a purpose like bees, but couldn't it be better?

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

While i'm not crazy for bugs in general, beetles are great and i love all of them.

stag_beetle_1.jpg

Stag Beetles? i love them.

atlas-beetle-1.jpg

Atlas Beetles? i love them, even if they shrug me off.

Rhinoceros-Beetle-2.jpg

Rhinoceros Beetles? they're my favorite.

tumblr_nwxbalX7PX1u38l26o2_1280.jpg

Giraffe Beetles? they're great!

072700_23_14.jpg

Elephant Beetles? Eeyup.

AbbeyRoad.jpg?itok=BgfH98zh

The Beatles? they're not actual beetles, which is a minus, but they're still awsome too.

Bees are also great and need to be protected, please save the bees we literally can't live without them.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind
  • Brohoof 2

Haha, that's amazing "Little robots" I could say that about a variety of insect life. Specially hive mind types, they behave in such an structured blueprint, it makes me wonder about their self-awareness.

Yet, there's also great variety from type to type. As there's impecable design. For example, metamorphosis on chrysalis. Amazing creation.

Also, I find terrifying the reckless movement on moths. It makes me afraid with great passion. As they strive frantically towards light. It reminds me of something, subconsciously. Fear of darkness. Not from a photonic perspective. But darkness as the notion of unknown, lacking information within the conscious, till it becomes instinctual. Fear itself. Our reptile-like cerebellum.

Cockroaches genotype variety within the same specie. Geometric design on spider webs, perfect heliograph within and without. There's art in life!

This world enjoys from most diversity, and to whoever designed them, I give my regards. For they are great artists of life. Design life, see it develop the same way you're being watched, as human kind.

It's an spectacle on Earth.

• Brohoof 1

Do you think a Tarantula is disgustingly scary?

No, I think they're fuzzy and cute.

Yeah, it bothers me when people see a bug and stomp on it, as if it isn't a living and breathing creature.

They just don't understand though, so it's okay.

That aside, I must say, your nephew sounds adorable! Not even I am brave enough to let a spider walk on my face.

Also, I find terrifying the reckless movement on moths. It makes me afraid with great passion.

I was once sitting on the front porch, when a Cicada slammed into the roof, producing a loud and cartoonish metallic "clank". It didn't even seem to care. It just spiraled off in another direction, running into another obstacle, no doubt.

Spiders look cool but I wouldn't touch one and I like bees.

Bees are awesome. I love the buzzing noise that they make, I think it sounds cute.

Edited by Heavenly_Sun
  • Brohoof 1

This is one of the more... interesting topics I have seen on a forum. :-P

But, on topic, I'm quite fond of huhu beetles, due to their extreme fuzziness and derpy habit of flying into walls and things.

Parasitic bugs, however, I find disturbing. Not so much mosquitoes/fleas, but parasites such as aphids that just completely coat a plant and collectively drain it dry. :eww:

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

This is one of the more... interesting topics I have seen on a forum. :-P

But, on topic, I'm quite fond of huhu beetles, due to their extreme fuzziness and derpy habit of flying into walls and things.

Parasitic bugs, however, I find disturbing. Not so much mosquitoes/fleas, but parasites such as aphids that just completely coat a plant and collectively drain it dry. :eww:

The only bugs that I don't like, are the animal parasites. Yuck.

I really used to like Caterpillars.  I used to catch and release them which I found fun a long time ago.  I used to get mad when people killed them though, I don't see the point of killing the harmless bugs.  I'll slaughter mossies my the hundred though, those little monsters all deserve to die! 

Do you think a Tarantula is disgustingly scary?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES! YES! YES! Absolutely yes! :awuh:

I think I have arachnophobia? :squee:

Edited by Rikifive

i like lady bugs, i liked them a lot when i was little, and of course butterflies and lightning bugs, praying mantis', but spiders and bee's will kill me so... yea. allergies. also allergic to mosquitoes, just them touching me gives me hives, and flies are super annoying.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not a big fan of bugs. Granted, my fears may be misplaced in some cases but still, I can't guarantee I'll be reasonable if some hairy, spiny, crawly thing with pincers, stingers or fangs is slowly creeping along toward my edible parts. 

Ladybugs, fireflies, butterflies and the like are fine. They seem civilized and appealing. But spiders, bees, roaches, centipedes and such are just not happenin' here! 

I can respect Tarantulas (from a distance) because they are majestic in their way. Up close they shouldn't be any worse than a small fuzzy rodent. But rodents don't have all those freakin' legs and spidery creepiness! Female Tarantulas, no, I'm sorry, those things are horrid no matter how you look at them. 

The long and short here is that I'd rather enjoy bugs via pictures in books, and not in person.  :please:

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I don't like them. I find most of them disgusting, actually, can't understand people who see a goddamn spider and think HOW CUTE IS THAT THING??? Like I run from that place asap while some people just look at it.. I'm not particularly scared of most of them, it's mostly just the spiders, but I find a lot of them kind of disgusting, I just don't feel comfortable with them :D

I'm not the biggest fan of 'em, but I don't freak out if I feel one/see one crawling on me. Unless it's a wasp/hornet or poisonous spider.

Well wasps I'll sometimes ignore because I've been stung by the b*stards countless times while on bike rides... But spiders I try to get off me as quickly and harmlessly as possible (if they're dangerous, IE Black Widow or Brown Recluse, etc). Would really like a pet Tarantula though... And don't ask what kind, I'm not sure of which one I want, yet.

Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of 'creepy crawlies' crawling on me before. Back when I used to live in NC, I've had plenty of Black Widows live throughout my house and around my yard... I didn't mind them, they didn't mind me. We got along fine... I just got nervous when I woke up to find one crawling on me...

Wow this thread for necro'd! This is my first post. Glad to see it alive again.

I don't like them. I find most of them disgusting, actually, can't understand people who see a goddamn spider and think HOW CUTE IS THAT THING??? Like I run from that place asap while some people just look at it.. I'm not particularly scared of most of them, it's mostly just the spiders, but I find a lot of them kind of disgusting, I just don't feel comfortable with them :D

Welcome to my first post.

Anyways, I can't really say why I think bugs are cute, it's not any one feature in particular.

They just are.

To me, spiders aren't scary because the truth is, spiders RARELY bite, some don't bite at all.

It's actually kind of hard to get a spider to bite you, unless you startle it.