Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What compliment do you most like to hear?

Tech Reel

I never hear it, but I'd like to hear someone say I'm a good person. I consider myself the opposite and know myself a bad person, but, that would be great. In fact, in the comics Twilight calls a character (that is obviously not me) "a hero" and I instantly become the happiest person on planet Earth! It cured my aliment, and it made my day so much better. Ironically, it wasn't even made at me. You know what? I'm reading that comic again.

Edited by Vlazamal
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not one who really pays compliments any mind- for the most part, I just disregard them. They are either irrelevant, or I just don't believe them.

However...

When I'm at work and I'm exceeding targets, people always tell me that I'm great and I'm valuable. That is a compliment that I absolutely love getting. That, and after I've reversed the car in the driveway without having to pull forward a single time. My driving supervisor says "good job" and I just feel like a complete badass. I don't show it, but I get extremely giddy inside.

• Brohoof 1

Compliments given by people who don't often give them. I like being praised for whatever reason, really, but it means most if it comes from a person who doesn't compliment everyone at the drop of a hat.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people compliment my eyes, and it's the one thing I like hearing the most. :D

Hmmm... Hard to say! I think any compliment is lovely, and all of them make me smile. I'm pretty bad at accepting them, though - I always tend to fluster and get all embarrassed, especially when people compliment my appearance hahahh

I guess just things that I can tell are earnest, like when people genuinely like my humor or my drawings. 

• Brohoof 1

Not really a complement, but just being referred to by someone as a friend is nice, plus, it's so passing it can't really be insincere. One complement I actually despise getting is being called smart. One, because it's incredibly vague, and two because it makes me feel like the person who said it sees some disparity in the way we perceive the world. Generally, the smarter you think someone is then you, the less capable you feel you are to sympathies with them. But a friend, by their nature, you sympathies with.

It's really great when someone tells me that they like spending time with me. I also love to be complimented for my sense of humor and my intelligence (the last one when I feel like I deserve it, not when I happen to remember a random fact I learned in class).

I very rarely get an actual compliment.  I do get "flirted" with at times but I don't really count them because most of the time it's unwelcome.  I like to be called weird though.  It's typically not meant to be a compliment but I take it as one anyways.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...