Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What compliment do you most like to hear?

Tech Reel

Anything compliments for my work and my artworks.  But I don't like or can't stand overbearing compliments. Just keep it nice and short.

I would say whenever I'm just hanging out in public and someone comes up to me and says "wow you're hair is beautiful" or nice or whatever. It's the compliment I get the most and just feels awesome for a strangers to feel the urge to come over to you and give you a compliment. If it was only my family giving me this compliment then it wouldn't feel as great XD

I love getting complimented on my voice or voice performances tho there is less of the latter, if there was more than maybe.

There are less compliments for this but something like "you're a great friend" or a "helpful friend" or etc. Compliments of how "good" of a friend I am would definitely be the my favorite, but because that doesn't happen that often, just not that very many heart to heart moments like this/my friends aren't the most gushy people XD

"You're so thoughtful."

I dunno, there's something about the idea of thoughtfulness that makes me really want to strive to achieve it, and makes me super happy when I do. In fanfic or roleplay I do my best to write thoughtful characters because of just how dang wholesome it can be. People can be sweet, kind, caring, etc., but thoughtfulness is pretty much all those wrapped into one, and amplified by a kghpillion.

Thoughtfulness is making your roommate's bed for him so he has somewhere to crash after his 19-hour flight. Thoughtfulness is covering your coworker's shift for them before they ask because you know they're stressed out with taking care of their newborn son. Thoughtfulness is making your girlfriend's dinner the day of her big exam so that she can unwind and enjoy herself afterwards.

Thoughtfulness isn't something you can do for strangers, it's something that must be practiced and learned specifically for people in your life. It's taking the feelings of others into consideration before they actually feel them, and it takes time to get to know someone's feelings. Some can be assumed, but more often than not you need to get to know someone before you can do thoughtful things for them. The reward of being thoughtful isn't the compliment, it's improving someone else's situation or feelings by doing something tailor-made for them alone. And being thoughtful doesn't always go noticed, sometimes it's taken for granted, and that's okay, because you know that you're being thoughtful for them.

But when being thoughtful is recognized, and I get complimented on it... hoo boy, does it feel good.

Edited by Meson Bolt

• 3 weeks later...

any compliment about anything. I don't get them all that often. But we should realize how much compliments can mean to people- sometimes something as simple as a compliment can give someone the strength they need to carry on.

(edited)

I love getting called a good or great friend and how I do make special people feel good. :wub:

I love being called cute or handsome.

Lately, I’ve been giving some really lovely compliments about my accent from certain members on the forums.

You know who you are. :Daydreaming:

Edited by TheRockARooster

(edited)

i like when people say i'm funny/laugh at my jokes, cos i like making people laugh

Edited by Mini

"I Love You!" :wub:

Well those words led to the entire company shutting down their servers back in the day. Such a simple email script virus, but the compliment worked too well! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Any compliment is a good one to be honest but the biggest one is that of a person who loves you. I think that one would matter most to me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I just like to be able to help people. I don’t hear terribly many compliments from my father for instance. Mostly just complaints. Not exclusively complaining of course. But it sure seems to be more prevalent than approval.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 2

"You are decent"

"At least you came in second place?"

"You are not quite up there, someday maybe..."

I feel like the compliments I have received lately are not quite up there! :mlp_wat: