Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Rank and post count. No hurry; a probably-silly question.

Ziggy + Angel + Rain

This is more a request than anything else; not something I wanted to specifically bug this-or-that staff member about.

I'm currently Pegasus rank, and I would like to always be Pegasus rank.  However, I kind-of also want to be able to post in whichever topic without having to worry about inadvertently careening into Unicorn.  So, I guess what I'm asking is: Is there any way my rank and / or post count can be forever locked in place, regardless of / without hindering my future posting activity?

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 1

The way the system works it's not really possible unless they created a special rank just for you. They kind of can't do that either because it would require putting people in specific user groups. Ultimately whatever rank you acquire is the rank you are stuck with.

Just to be absolutely sure, I just checked how it all works. Yeah.... the badges are driven by post count in the regular User permission group. We can change the 'titles' for individual people with a bit of jiggery-pokery, but in order to freeze the badges we'd have to create special permission groups for each badge and manually allocate people to them to override their normal permission group. *bleh*

After having gone through an effort to clean up all the permission groups on this site so random people weren't losing access to random places in the forums... which took several months to grind through... Stupid IP.Board.... I'm not sure I can get behind creating one-off permission groups for this. Sorry. :(

• Brohoof 2

The way the system works it's not really possible unless they created a special rank just for you. They kind of can't do that either because it would require putting people in specific user groups. Ultimately whatever rank you acquire is the rank you are stuck with.

Just to be absolutely sure, I just checked how it all works. Yeah.... the badges are driven by post count in the regular User permission group. We can change the 'titles' for individual people with a bit of jiggery-pokery, but in order to freeze the badges we'd have to create special permission groups for each badge and manually allocate people to them to override their normal permission group. *bleh*

After having gone through an effort to clean up all the permission groups on this site so random people weren't losing access to random places in the forums... which took several months to grind through... Stupid IP.Board.... I'm not sure I can get behind creating one-off permission groups for this. Sorry. :(

Eh, I figured there was probably a reason or two it wouldn't be possible; I just didn't know enough about how the site functions to know what they were.  Thanks for the responses, regardless; nothing to be sorry about. ^ ^

• Brohoof 1