Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports RIP Jose Fernandez

Luigi

Today, we mourn a most terrible loss.

Miami Marlins ace pitcher Jose Fernandez has recently passed away in a boating accident at age 24. He received the National League Rookie of the Year award in 2013, and was a two time All Star. He finishes his career with a 38-17 Win-Loss record, and hopefully he ends up in the Hall of Fame.

• Brohoof 3

To say it's a shocker is an understatement. He was living the American Dream. He and his family defected from Cuba, and he was one of the brightest, most successful pitchers in baseball. He meant so much to his family. Any die-hard fan will cry when he reunites with his grandmother in 2013. His family means so much to him, and he was about to become a father in just a few months. Just earlier this week, he struck out 12 Nationals in a 1-0 win in what was maybe his best outing of his career: 8 innings, retired the last twenty-one batters he faced.

A Hall-of-Fame-like career gone. A role model gone. A father-to-be gone. A good person gone. This is absolutely devastating, and I'm crying as I'm typing this.

Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and Marlins organization. RIP, Jose Fernandez.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I was devastated when I found out this morning, and I don't even watch baseball like that. I was watching a clip the other day when he caught a fly ball when the team was playing against Colorado. So young too, he was only 3 years older than me.

I admire this catch by the way.

Edited by JRex95