Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What fan ship do you hate?

PonyOfWar

We hear a lot about ships people like, but I'm curious on which you hate? What ships in your fandom does everyone seem to like that you just can't stand? It could be from mlp or your favorite game, anime or cartoon, whatever you are a fan of.

This could be for lots of reasons. Maybe it's to popular, maybe it makes so little sense you don't understand what others see in it? Whatever your reason tell me about it and why you hate it.

Want to point out that this thread needs to be a safe thread. No attacking people becasue they don't support you fave ship nor should people attack those who like the ship. That's not the point here okay? Ok...

I'll give my number one most hated ship, but will not go into detail unless enough of you wanna read that several page rant. If so I'll type it up but I will take a while.

Anyway it's Sesshomaru and Kagome from Inuyasha. Yes it's popular, don't attack me.

I dislike almost if not all of them. The community always annoyed me with the spontaneous ships after just one episode where 2 characters had some interaction. The idea of "OTPs" annoyed me just as much. Though now I really could not care as I don't watch the show anymore or really consider myself to be active or part of the community anymore. 

• Brohoof 2

People seem to ship Sans and Toriel from Undertale and I just can't wrap my head around it. Firstly, I perceive him as being 17-25 years old, and the age gap makes it weird for me- but that's probably my fault for thinking he's so young. Second, their personalities clash. Sans is messy and lazy, whereas Toriel is generally a very orderly person. She's either gonna get fed up with him, or she's gonna end up acting as more of a caretaker than a lover.

• Brohoof 1

@@PonyOfWar

Because this thread is discussing aspects of various fandoms, I have gone ahead and moved it to Media Discussion.

To add to the thread itself...

I am very choosey when it comes to ships in the fandoms I am a part of; whether they be canon or formed by fans. I'm not sure why, but I have always just been very...particular about which characters are shipped with which and why. For example, even though Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno are an official, canon couple, I personally don't ship them. I just never saw Sasuke as someone who really needed a romantic relationship.

• Brohoof 1

the main ones i HATE are incest ones. come on guys this is a kids show. your taking it too damn far!!!!! and any that have discord in them. ooohhhh how i spite ships like fluttercord and discordXcelestia  (partly coz celestia is mine :wub:)
just under that are anti canon ships like shiningarmour with anpony that isn't cadance

and even less so on my to hate list are most (but not all) homosexual ones like pairing mane 6 members, i think its stupid and annoying but i don't care too much at the same time.

• Brohoof 5

I dislike the Lucy x Paulo ship from a webomic called Bittersweetcandybowl. I am a Mike x Lucy fan all the way <3 <3 

I mean, Mixe x Lucy ship is an old one, but the Paulo x Lucy ship is a recent and more popular one. I am an oldie, so I hold onto that ship, because it is still a possibility. Plus, I just don't like Paulo :P 

• Brohoof 1

Rarijack :eww: 

Sakura x Sasuke

I always hated Sasuke and he constantly treated Sakura poorly. The fact that they actually married in the end is pretty infuriating

• Brohoof 1

Sparity. Come on, they are different species, plus he is a child and she is an adult. I hate Shadow x Maria for much the same reason; matching an animal and a human is just wrong on so many levels.

• Brohoof 2

Goku/Vegeta

Ok I love me some DBZ and the new Super but this ship in the fandom makes me blah all over the place given the fan-fiction and art and even fan manga's is just a bit scary and even making Vegeta look all uke under Goku in some plots.  GInuiven the Princes pride,  i can not see this ever EVER happening.  

Inu/Sess

For one,  they are brothers and Sess hated Inuyasha for a long time till later down the line in the manga/anime.   I cannot see this even happening given Kagome gets the half breed in the end.

• Brohoof 1

the main ones i HATE are incest ones.

Same here. No matter what franchise, the incest ships are always the worst in my opinion. Or actually even worse ones are definitely those that feature an underage character paired with an adult character.

In the Pokemon fandom I've always despised ContestShipping, which is May and Drew. Aside from the fact that it gets in the way of my preferred ship, I also can't fathom why anyone would like Drew.

In the Digimon fandom, I despise the pairing between Matt and Sora. I've always hoped Sora and Tai would end up together because they seemed to get along very well for the majority of the series, though I've heard that the Matt/Sora thing was clearer in the original Japanese.

From Elfen Lied I hate Kouta/Yuka. For one thing, they're cousins. For another, Yuka is a bitch. Of all the people Lucy killed I wish she'd been one of them.

Finally, from MLP: Twilight x Brad, SciTwi x Sunny, Sunny x Brad, or really anything with Twilight and Sunny that isn't SunLight, aside from maybe TwiDash since that was my first ship.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of hovercrafts.

MERCY! That was beautiful! I'd applaud you if I could get my limbs to work together!

I pretty much hate any FNAF ships. They're dead children stuffed inside robots. What part of this is romantic?

SWEET MERCY! That's a thing?!!? Takes a lot to disgust me, and i'm fine with incest and the rest of the debauchery that comes with shipping when its done all in the name of fun and awkwardness, but there are Liiiiines....

But to add to this Patented Pit O' 'Pinions:  I don't know much of shipping outside the MLP fandom, but I for one can't get behind Flutterdash. That's all fine and well, wanting your favorite characters to be happy, but happiness ain't comin' out of that pairing. We've seen Rainbow treat Fluttershy with the same scorn and impatience as Flutters has shown to Pinkie Pie. Heck, we've seen Fluttershy outright stomp RD's actual guts. They may be friends, but they ain't romantic.

• Brohoof 1

MERCY! That was beautiful! I'd applaud you if I could get my limbs to work together!

SWEET MERCY! That's a thing?!!? Takes a lot to disgust me, and i'm fine with incest and the rest of the debauchery that comes with shipping when its done all in the name of fun and awkwardness, but there are Liiiiines....

But to add to this Patented Pit O' 'Pinions:  I don't know much of shipping outside the MLP fandom, but I for one can't get behind Flutterdash. That's all fine and well, wanting your favorite characters to be happy, but happiness ain't comin' out of that pairing. We've seen Rainbow treat Fluttershy with the same scorn and impatience as Flutters has shown to Pinkie Pie. Heck, we've seen Fluttershy outright stomp RD's actual guts. They may be friends, but they ain't romantic.

Yep, FNAF ships are things. Foxy X Chica, Foxy X Mangle, and Freddy X Bonnie are the most popular ones.
  • Brohoof 2

I think all Pokemon ships when it involved the actual "Pokemon". Maybe it's because I dislike the whole "furry" thing, but it just doesn't seem right. When it comes to more R34 material, I think it's mostly because we don't know what their anatomy is, so we just assume and draw pink spikes all over the place. It gets really nasty. I can say, however, many of the human ships are (especially the japanese artists) extremely well done. 

I don't have a problem with shipping itself; it's fans being fans and sometimes it gets pretty saucy  :smug:

(FNAF ships are pretty bad too.)

• Brohoof 1

I also do not like background ponies x Mane 6 ships. Especially given the amount of hatred Flash Sentry got for his relationship with Twilight for not having enough of a personality, yet it is perfectly fine to ship the mane six with literal props.

• 2 weeks later...