Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legend Of Everfree

The Cynical Lone Wolf

What did you think of the fourth Equestria Girls movie, Legend of Everfree ?  

146 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No; it was travesty
    • No..not really
    • Meh; I liked it and didn't like it at the same time
    • I enjoyed it, but could've been a whole lot better.
    • THAT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!

On 10/19/2016 at 4:52 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

I see that scene as the animators wanting to have a little fun and go absolutely crazy with it.

I was struck by the similarity between Pinkie's mindscape and Mable Pine's prison fantasy landscape over in Gravity Falls.

• 2 weeks later...

While it was a tad predictable and the beginning dragged along WAY too slowly for my tastes, I actually ended up enjoying it a LOT more than I anticipated. What really caught my attention was when they went away from the Gaia Everfree bit and instead gave us an antagonist that was a LOT more interesting. I'll be honest while a lot of it was predictable, that one threw me off quite a bit.

So yeah; I'm torn about how I would rate it with the other three. Overall Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games felt like stronger overall stories, but the 2nd half of Everfree REALLY grabbed me. Quite the surprise. ^^

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

While it was a tad predictable and the beginning dragged along WAY too slowly for my tastes, I actually ended up enjoying it a LOT more than I anticipated. What really caught my attention was when they went away from the Gaia Everfree bit and instead gave us an antagonist that was a LOT more interesting. I'll be honest while a lot of it was predictable, that one threw me off quite a bit.

So yeah; I'm torn about how I would rate it with the other three. Overall Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games felt like stronger overall stories, but the 2nd half of Everfree REALLY grabbed me. Quite the surprise. ^^

I thought the music in LoE was solid. Not Rainbow Rocks good but a little better than Friendship Games (I'm still holding the deleted duet against that film).

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I thought the music in LoE was solid. Not Rainbow Rocks good but a little better than Friendship Games (I'm still holding the deleted duet against that film).

Ah; I should've mentioned the music! Honestly, with Daniel Ingram at the helm it's almost expected that the music will be of great quality, though I also must point out the music during the girls transformation sequence, and following battle. Honestly, that was some exciting stuff that would sound epic with a full orchestra!

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would rank this about equal with "Friendship Games" and slightly behind the first two films. This was the first film where the series felt more separate from FIM to me, as there were no appearances from the ponies or even the Equestria Twilight in human form. This didn't bother me, unlike in the last film, where I was waiting for them to appear.

I liked the best parts of "Friendship Games" more than this film, but the largest problems I had with that film weren't found here. While I didn't find the new characters particularly interesting, none of them annoyed me as much as Cinch. Twilight's fears about transforming into Midnight Sparkle were a good theme, and possibly my favorite thing about the film. In addition to hearing human Derpy speak for once, of course! I thought the songs were equal in quality to those in "Friendship Games" – nice but the catchiness of the "Rainbow Rocks" songs remains unmatched. One thing bothered me, though: the portrayal of Filthy Rich contrasted too much with that in FIM. I have always considered him a pleasant character who respects other ponies even though money is obviously important to him. Here he was too much like the stereotypical rich villain in cartoons. Most of the characters act like their pony counterparts even if they are technically different characters (Snips and Snails were similarly out of character in the earlier films).

In general, it was a pretty good film, though I still prefer FIM by far. Maybe having a little shorter duration or more action might have improved it slightly, as it was slow-paced at times, but it wasn't bad by any means.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just finished Legend of Everfree and I thought it was a step up from Friendship Games for sure!

Now the movie was certainly no Rainbow Rocks but it was still good, I felt like it progressed the story tremendously, and it had  great ending.

Now something I have always loved about Hasbro is that they can deliver things fast. They build up lots of story and than they deliver the the rest quickly(couldn't think of the right word).

Also I thought the new characters were amazing but they could have had more Derpy Hooves in it for sure.

All in all it was one of the best EGG movies out there IMO.

• Brohoof 2

@donttellmum

Just letting you know that I've merged your thread with an already existing thread. As a friendly reminder, please make sure a thread doesn't already exist when you create a new one.

Have a nice day!

• Brohoof 2

I loved this Movie quite a lot, like the other 2 previous ones. It had a bit less Songs than usual i guess, so it dragged on for a bit, but it was still okay. It was mysterious and i liked it that this time, the Villain actually had a backstory and did not just appear without any good Reason, just because the Movie needed a final, like it happened with Friendship Games.

The new potential relationship was great, even though if its anything like Twilights and Flash Sentrys Relationship, i have the feeling that it wont go anywhere. I mean, Twilight didnt even talk with Flash Sentry in the actual series yet. Unless i forgot something.

Spoiler

I find it a bit weird that it had an open ending, despite the fact that it is currently the last Equestria Girls Movie, so i guess this new Mystery doesnt deserve a Movie and gets instead solved in this one Tales of Canterlot 3-Parter? I mean, its fine, i just expected it to be the Plot for a new Movie.

I am a bit confused about the new Forms, so is it better than the Rainbow Forms? I wonder if this new Form will get mentioned in Season 7. The open ending let me to believe, that maybe the Portal could break and Equestria could merge with the human world. That could become interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked it, Though I think it was a bit too similar to the previous movies (aka, Sunset being insecure, struggling with herself and accepting others). Nice too see other characters having more attention, The nice twist was nice though a bit predictable though we all know Filthy Rich was the true villain throughout the whole film. 

Overall, solid not my favorite but is one I could say it's worth giving a try. Also rip Sentry x Twilight, guess that's going down the drain or at least for the EG Twi.

• 1 month later...

to be honest:huh: it was kinda 'meh' for me,but it had some neat music and songs,plus Rarity had many dresses and hairstyles wich is always great

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...

It was ok. The film didn't have any intense magic battles or super exciting moments, but had a plot twist and an interesting storyline.

I think the writers did a better job on the romance here, compared to the previous ones with Flash. Timber was quite unlikable in the beginning because of his ridiculous jokes, but he actually talked a lot with Twi, and he actually had an impact in the story, unlike Flash who was almost non-existent in terms of affecting the storyline. It wasn't perfect, but was definitely an improvement from the past. I wonder if the new Twi will get more love stories in the future, and with whom if she does.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought this midnight Sparkle coming back thing, got in the way of the plot. I watched this in 2019, and then I thought it was an awesome movie. But I have seen it's problems now that im older.

PS- Thanks for the warm welcomes on my account!

Love u all:pinkie:

• The topic was pinned