Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Scootaloo REALLY an orphan?

MovieLord101

I dunno if this has been answered before but what honest to Faust PROOF is there that Scootaloo's an orphan? What, just because we haven't seen her parents yet? At least with Applejack, the writers confirmed her parents are dead! They haven't even said anything about this! It just comes off as a weird fan head cannon that everyone on here seems to accept. Can anyone elaborate on this please?

No, in fact it was flat out shot down by Faust(which Big Jim followed up on)

1118804__safe_scootaloo_text_meta_twitte

Word of God, indeed. lol Then how come so many fans still think she has no parents? There's plenty of newer fanfics and such that still make her seem like an orphan!

• Brohoof 1

Despite Lauren's twitter posts above, I can't blame anyone for thinking of Scoots as an orphan. A lot of people probably haven't seen those twitter posts, and even if they have...

We're nearly a full 6 seasons in now, and we still haven't seen Scootaloo's family. Sweetie's parents haven't shown up often, but at least we've seen them. But in Scootaloo's case, we've got nothing. They haven't even been mentioned, not a single time. It was the same thing with Dash, and even Fluttershy for a while too, but they've both been adults since the show started, so it was more understandable why we might not see their parents.

Some fans probably just think it's a case like AJ's dead parents. Something that's "Canon" but the writers don't want to mention on the show because of the age rating.

• Brohoof 4

Even if we ignore Faust's comments on it, there is nothing that hints towards Scootaloo being an orphan as far as I know. Just because we don't hear about her parents doesn't mean she doesn't have any, and they don't hint at her being an orphan.

I don't think she is an orphan, and @ made a good point: she has Rainbow Dash. They may not be real sisters, but they seem to be going for the idea that family can be anyone, not just who you are related to.

It IS suspicious, ain't it?

6 seasons and over 120 episodes and not even a hint of her home life, unlike the other two. For all we know, the house we saw in "Flight to the Finish" could be the Ponyville Orphanage...

I'm glad there's something from Lauren herself...unfortunately, considering she hasn't been involved since Season 3, her word doesn't mean as much as it used to. :(

6 seasons and over 120 episodes and not even a hint of her home life, unlike the other two. For all we know, the house we saw in "Flight to the Finish" could be the Ponyville Orphanage...

I'm glad there's something from Lauren herself...unfortunately, considering she hasn't been involved since Season 3, her word doesn't mean as much as it used to. :(

She's the creator of the show. I dunno how they shouldn't give her a word.

Despite Lauren's twitter posts above, I can't blame anyone for thinking of Scoots as an orphan. A lot of people probably haven't seen those twitter posts, and even if they have...

We're nearly a full 6 seasons in now, and we still haven't seen Scootaloo's family. Sweetie's parents haven't shown up often, but at least we've seen them. But in Scootaloo's case, we've got nothing. They haven't even been mentioned, not a single time. It was the same thing with Dash, and even Fluttershy for a while too, but they've both been adults since the show started, so it was more understandable why we might not see their parents.

Some fans probably just think it's a case like AJ's dead parents. Something that's "Canon" but the writers don't want to mention on the show because of the age rating.

Honestly, I don't why people are trying to discredit Faust just because she doesn't work on the show anymore, especially when plenty of the current staff followed up on what she said to being true(I can't find the original Tweet, but I know for sure Big Jim confirmed it)

As for Scootaloo's parents, it's just a matter of when's the appropriate time to introduce them, though at this point they're long overdue