Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If... any of the main 6 die in the movie?

Mr.Hoofs

The problem with killing off Celestia is that, the movie is gonna have to do a really good job of getting people to care, because between having no episodes in six seasons, and the writers constantly making her look worse every season, most people will just be pissed, feeling that she was given the ultimate middle finger, especially Celestia's fans

With how much her role in the show has been reduced to these past 2 seasons, where she is virtually invisible/ a background pony, and how Principle Celestia has officially become more useful than her, this would probably be for the best.

As sad as it is to say, this would finally give her something important to do.

If the writers and directors wanted to create an emotional scene, and at the same time raise the film's stakes, this would be a good way to do so.

By having an established connection to Twilight who is the main character, her reaction to the death of her mentor figure should mean something to the audience.

Plus by following the Hero's Journey storyline, this would be the part where Twilight finally steps out of Celestia's shadow or something along those lines.

It could also lead to Twilight's character arc reaching its natural conclusion with her taking over as Celestia's successor.

one thing though, I could only see celly dying IF they were to make the Movie either the end of the series, or were converting the show into being purely movie form from then on instead of a series; That's just such a giant status quo change that it only really works as a "close the book" thing.

It's possible FiM ends with the movie, but FiM's end doesn't necessarily mean the end of G4. There's lots of material for a spin-off show for example, and I don't think EG is gonna wrap up any time soon 

It's possible FiM ends with the movie, but FiM's end doesn't necessarily mean the end of G4. There's lots of material for a spin-off show for example, and I don't think EG is gonna wrap up any time soon 

Oh yeah, EQG is its own thing now, and has spun off to be fully independent as of the fourth movie IMO. I'm actually thinking they'll go the extra step and destroy the portal between the pony world and the human world in the next movie to 100% make it a closed loop and "its own thing".

that being said, come on, do you think that FIM will continue to have the same sales as before if they stop making the show about the mane six and move on to side characters? :P

Sure, there's lots of popular characters, but I honestly don't see it lasting that long (maybe 1 season) if they make that jump.

Oh yeah, EQG is its own thing now, and has spun off to be fully independent as of the fourth movie IMO. I'm actually thinking they'll go the extra step and destroy the portal between the pony world and the human world in the next movie to 100% make it a closed loop and "its own thing".

that being said, come on, do you think that FIM will continue to have the same sales as before if they stop making the show about the mane six and move on to side characters? :P

Sure, there's lots of popular characters, but I honestly don't see it lasting that long (maybe 1 season) if they make that jump.

Yeah, that usually happens with spinoff, but hey, G4 MLP has to end one day ;)

FiM is not that kind of series. Check out The Walking Dead if you want a series where it's probably not a good idea to get too attached to the characters since any of them could die at any moment. Stick with Ponies if you want a series where you can rest assured that all of your favourite characters will continue to be around. Heck, it's like Hasbro and DHX don't want to touch death with a 39 and 1/2 foot pole. I mean, Tanks for the Memories is pretty much as close as it gets to having a death episode without actually having a death episode. FiM frequently pushes the envelope in terms of what should be possible with a children's show, but the writers don't even want to so much as acknowledge that the Apple Family parents are dead.

No, I don't see a mane character dying off. I'd be surprised if a villain dies. If a character were to be removed from the series for some reason whether it be temporary or permanent, I see that character leaving but not dying. I doubt even that will happen though. Of course there's the matter of whether the movie will mark the end of the series or not, but as there's no evidence to support that notion I say we should cross that bridge if that is confirmed to be the case.

• Brohoof 4

Never ever ever! If one of them does, I'll cry, like I mean the show is incomplete without one of them. Even Fluttershy being my least fave of the mane 6, I wouldn't want anything bad happening to her.

I'd be surprised if a villain dies.

The show actually confirmed that King Sombra died.

• Brohoof 3

Never ever ever! If one of them does, I'll cry, like I mean the show is incomplete without one of them. Even Fluttershy being my least fave of the mane 6, I wouldn't want anything bad happening to her.

The show actually confirmed that King Sombra died.

Well, in the comics he doesn't, though he probably should have...I do treat him as technically dead by the show canon standards though. That's probably the only reason Jeremy Whitley got away with half of what he did in the Siege arc. But even just going by the show canon, that's the only time an on-screen death has ever occurred, and even then it was more like expelling an ethereal being than a physical killing. It's possible we could see another villain die but I just don't see it happening when reformation seems to be the favoured option and even when that option isn't taken the writers usually opt for stuff like indefinite imprisonment in Tartarus so that they can have a character permanently removed without actually killing them.

Even Fluttershy being my least fave of the mane 6, I wouldn't want anything bad happening to her.

Honestly I think fluttershy dying would be the WORST of the six to have that happen to, on an emotional level at least. Specifically, the others are very strong and far more self assured, while fluttershy is moe and her purpose is to be the insecure, vulnerable one.

As such, her dying would come off more as a viewer punch because she's DESIGNED to evoke feelings of protectiveness in the viewer, while the others don't evoke as much of a feeling of protectiveness.

Its like a puppy getting killed compared to a full grown dog, the normal human response is to feel more horrified at the puppy's death due to it coming off as more helpless and in need of protection.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly I think fluttershy dying would be the WORST of the six to have that happen to, on an emotional level at least. Specifically, the others are very strong and far more self assured, while fluttershy is moe and her purpose is to be the insecure, vulnerable one.

As such, her dying would come off more as a viewer punch because she's DESIGNED to evoke feelings of protectiveness in the viewer, while the others don't evoke as much of a feeling of protectiveness.

Its like a puppy getting killed compared to a full grown dog, the normal human response is to feel more horrified at the puppy's death due to it coming off as more helpless and in need of protection.

Pretty true, plus fans would hate it if she died, for kindness is one of the best element.

I do believe that the movie will very likely end FiM, but I do not for one second believe that any character will die. Such a thing happening would be so off-base for FiM... and as off-base as FiM has gotten in the past few seasons at times, this is so far off-base and too outrageous that they won't even try.

They won't. Why would they kill any of the characters if the show is made for kids and that's only one and the main point, lol.

If any of the main six die that would be a total and complete bummer. Especially if we are talking about Twilight Sparkle. If they kill her off then the wrecks all the story build up from the first season. Besides, each is an element of harony and they kind of need each other for the full power to work.

They might do kind of a fake-out with that idea where one of the mane 6 supposedly sacrifices herself to save the others (most likely Rainbow Dash or Applejack) and they all weep over their dead friend, until she comes up next to them unnoticed, asking what they're crying over. A few seconds pass, it suddenly clicks for them, and they all joyfully embrace their friend, relieved that she's alright.

That's the closest we might get to a character dying. Those scenes are usually predictable in this kind of film, but they can get some people emotional in spite of that.

• Brohoof 2

They might do kind of a fake-out with that idea where one of the mane 6 supposedly sacrifices herself to save the others (most likely Rainbow Dash or Applejack) and they all weep over their dead friend, until she comes up next to them unnoticed, asking what they're crying over. A few seconds pass, it suddenly clicks for them, and they all joyfully embrace their friend, relieved that she's alright.

That's the closest we might get to a character dying. Those scenes are usually predictable in this kind of film, but they can get some people emotional in spite of that.

Oh yeah. That would be good.

Oh god that would drastically make this film worse. Either kill of a character period or don't attempt it at all.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight will sacrifice herself to save the ship. Rainbow Dash will try to stop her, explaining that no unicorn could withstand that much magic. Twilight will say, "As you are so fond of pointing out, I am not a unicorn." Then there will be a funeral service. Applejack speaks, "Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, hers was the most...pony."

• Brohoof 5

Twilight will sacrifice herself to save the ship. Rainbow Dash will try to stop her, explaining that no unicorn could withstand that much magic. Twilight will say, "As you are so fond of pointing out, I am not a unicorn." Then there will be a funeral service. Applejack speaks, "Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, hers was the most...pony."

And then Search for Twilight happens.

• Brohoof 3

Here's my guess

Saber Spark actually gets R. R. Martin involved with the story who subsequently kills off Fluttershy.

Rage spews forth across the Internet. Fire and brimstone rains from the sky. Destructive mobs storm the Hasbro space station. and Rainbow Dash turns into her white super form because that's what I always wanted

• 2 weeks later...

That won't happen. It's a kid's show, and not the Legend of Korra type either. Yes I know King Sombra bit the dust hard, but protagonists never die in these kinds of shows.

If anyone dies, I'd place the bid on Fluttershy. Her development is the least complete and dying for her friends is a kind thing to tie her up.

Besides, why would Hasbro have a character die? No man, no money.

Edited by Vlazamal

The chances of that happening are incredibly slim to none. MLP is still a kid's show at heart despite having some content aimed at older audiences, so don't expect the Mane Six to suddenly kick the bucket. Besides, Hasbro knows what can happen when you kill off main characters in a movie setting. Transformers: The Movie from 1986 cost them in terms of toy sales and money because they had to go and kill off fan favourites, and I doubt they'd be foolish enough to try it again.

• Brohoof 2