Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disney Legend Eric Goldberg possibly Lead animator of Pony Movie

Animation100

Out of boredom, I was checking the MLP Film's IMDb page to see if any new names appeared there. One name I was never expecting was Eric Goldberg.

post-31292-0-27751400-1474862672_thumb.png

Eric is man responsible for the Character Animation of several Disney projects Genie from Aladdin, Phil from Hercules, Louis from The Princess and the Frog, and Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh (2011). Now he's apparently become the Lead Animator of the MLP Film.

I still couldn't find any Official confirmation on Eric's involvement which is why I'm saying POSSIBLY, but let's hope to God it is.

MLP Film Page:

Eric's Page:
Edited by Animation100
  • Brohoof 1

Boy, they're really going all out for this movie. Normally, I'd have a tough time believing this, but they got Michel Gagné, so anything's possible.

Well Michel Gagné has worked with Jayson Theissen before so there's already some background with Gagné's involvement in the film. Goldberg as far as I know has had no history with much of the crew so him possibly being there would be a legitimate surprise, but it will be a pleasant surprise.

Also I'll need all the help I can get to find an official confirmation for all this, cause my God if he is really there, I really hope this is the stepping stone for Hand-Drawn Animation to rise once again.

Edited by Animation100

Well Michel Gagné has worked with Jayson Theissen before so there's already some background with Gagné's involvement in the film. Goldberg as far as I know has had no history with much of the crew so him possibly being there would be a legitimate surprise, but it will be a pleasant surprise.

Also I'll need all the help I can get to find an official confirmation for all this, cause my God if he is really there, I really hope this is the stepping stone for Hand-Drawn Animation to rise once again.

So far, all Google has given me was this thread, but if I see anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

• Brohoof 1

Well, he also was animator on son of the mask, so it can mean everything out and inbetween, considering how son of the mask was, which wasn't his fault.

No matter how good it looks or how many stars you cater for the movie, if the story falls flat, what things can you buy with that movie?

Not trying to be a downer here. I am just trying to stay realistic and keeping things neutral.

• Brohoof 1

So far, all Google has given me was this thread, but if I see anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thank You, I'm already trying to search everywhere I can also trying to ask the crew on Twitter or something but don't want to seem like I'm harassing them

Well, he also was animator on son of the mask, so it can mean everything out and inbetween, considering how son of the mask was, which wasn't his fault.

No matter how good it looks or how many stars you cater for the movie, if the story falls flat, what things can you buy with that movie?

Not trying to be a downer here. I am just trying to stay realistic and keeping things neutral.

That's why they hired Rita Hsiao to write the script with McCarthy.

That's why they hired Rita Hsiao to write the script with McCarthy.

Well, what do we know about the movie?

Right now, i hear from all sides how great it will be. But all i know is that it's about cute colorful horses. :P

Be careful with info from IMDB; things can be put on there with little to no truth behind it.

Still; it'd be cool if it was true.

Thing is, I feel Son of the Mask suffered the now classic curse of trying to pander audiences with a popular at the time franchise, usually by directors who only want a quick cash-in and knowing crap about it. It's not happening in this case, as G4 horses is still on-going, and some of the actual staff moved to work on it

This seems cool an all, but I find it hard to judge the film when we barely know anything about it.

It's still over a year before the confirmed release date (October 6 next year at the moment), I believe we'll see a teaser trailer soon  :orly: . Who knows, maybe well see some toys this New York Comic Con, which coincidentally, starts just a year before the release of the movie :rarity:  

Thing is, I feel Son of the Mask suffered the now classic curse of trying to pander audiences with a popular at the time franchise, usually by directors who only want a quick cash-in and knowing crap about it. It's not happening in this case, as G4 horses is still on-going, and some of the actual staff moved to work on it

I am not trying to compare this movie to son of the mask or anything, since there are barely any movies that are as bad as this. :P

I am just saying that it's not a good idea to hype a movie, that we simply don't know anything about at this point, eventhough some people already has set it in stone that this will be the movie that saves the hand drawn animation genre.

Relax people. :P

• Brohoof 1

I am not trying to compare this movie to son of the mask or anything, since there are barely any movies that are as bad as this. :P

I am just saying that it's not a good idea to hype a movie, that we simply don't know anything about at this point, eventhough some people already has set it in stone that this will be the movie that saves the hand drawn animation genre.

Relax people. :P

Yeah, people need to chillax  :orly: . Too much hype has killed more than one product by now (right Watch Dogs  :twi: ?). I hardly think about the movie right now as they've hardly shown anything at all. I suppose they wanted to focus on Legend of the Everfree and this FiM season, besides we are still  over a year before release. I bet well see something maybe this NYCC, which starts just a year before the release coincidentally, or maybe they'll wait a bit more and show something after the end of this season

Eric Goldberg is definitively not the lead animator on the film. One of the main creative heads of disney animation is not going to go to canada to animate on an mlp film. Sorry guys :)

Yeah I'm not sure that's sound reasoning. People have left Disney before to do other things and hell, not come back even.

Eric Goldberg is definitively not the lead animator on the film. One of the main creative heads of disney animation is not going to go to canada to animate on an mlp film. Sorry guys :)

Just because someone had a big and successful career at one studio doesn't mean they aren't going to do something for another studio.