Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tell me your favorite Villain from the show.

Bob the Changeling

Pathfinder here took the words right out of my mouth :P I am with him on King Sombra, he is my favorite <3 <3 He is my Arthas Menethil of MLP :D 

My favorite character ever is Discord. It's impossible for me to not be entertained when he's on screen!

Tirek is the most villainous villain in my opinion. He's the first villain that had me thinking:

"Wow, this guy is REALLY bad."

That guy was a total contrast to the show's spirit, so I actually wanted to see Tirek defeated. Also, that battle Twilight Sparkle really got my heart pumping! It was so cool and fast paced.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer. She wasn't some big powerful and deliberately malicious monster (although she was deliberately malicious in the finale). She was just a regular (but very talented) unicorn that genuinely thought that what she was doing was for the betterment of Equestria (once again, this only applies to the premiere). And the methods she used were creepily similar to those used by real cults (with some magic thrown in, of course).

And while many people complain about her freudian excuse, I actually find it believeable. It was definitely petty, but I don't find it very far fetched that she would be emotionally crushed by losing her best and only friend,

On second place is Discord, for obvious reasons.

Mine has to be Lord Tirek because he reminded me so much of Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series. Both of them sought power and were willing to do whatever it took to acquire it until they were the most powerful in all the land. Unlike most villains, Tirek has little to no expections of wanting to reform. He's someone who I feel cannot change his ways because power is the one thing he cares for more than anything else.

Villains ranked:

Chrysalis(in my opinion the poster villain)

Adagio(comes close to Chrysalis)

Tirek (The devil) 

Discord(better as good guy)

Nightmare Moon(The OG)

Starlight Glimmer(Actual character, even though she isn'y my favorite)

Sombra( underdeveloped, he was just Sauron the pony to me, wasted potential) 

Sunset Shimmer(So glad she's a heroine... Awful and cliche villain)

• 3 weeks later...

Chrysalis of course and her first performance is still not outdone even today. I honestly didn't think Cadance was evil as Twilight said though I had a small nagging feeling she could be but even Evil Cadance was convincing enough to also give me a side of thinking Twilight was losing it and that there was a misunderstanding. If you can convince the audience that the villain is someone else than yeah that's a good job. Canterlot Wedding songs were actually all good to me because they fit perfectly with the premise and flow of the whole show, those are songs that are actually fitting to play in an episode. Many people thought the sudden introduction of Twilight's brother was random but that's why they had a song for that to explain him at least that's why it was awesome and then it plays out later as more of a eulogy after Twilight is rejected which is a really good use of a song.

1. Convinces Twilight's friends, brother and teacher she is Cadance.

2. Makes Twilight look crazy causing her friends, brother and teacher completely diss her (mind controlling with magic isn't really that interesting to me since it's not as relatable. Chrysalis made them earnestly reject Twilight which is a lot more crushing). Twilight is completely emotionally crushed. BBBFF now gone song coming back to seal the deal. 

3. Has Twilight begging and crying asking for forgiveness to fake Cadance 

4. Unexpectedly Cadance tells her "You will be" after Twilight said she was sorry and banishes her into the deep Crystal Mines with the most creepiest sound effects, music and magical energies

5. As if it's not enough Evil Cadance taunts a completely crushed Twilight appearing eerily around reflections of the crystals

6. With an ambient music playing that slowly ramps up like White Noise from Dark Knight it gives off the impression that Twilight's insanity is ramping up as she goes into a rage attacking all the reflections of taunting Evil Cadance, this was probably the darkest scenes in MLP:FiM

7. This Day Aria a song by a villain was exceptional and it was awesome how the words still were true when Chrysalis revealed herself and sang the chorus. It's interesting that even though she changes her form she keeps the words.

8. Knocks out Celestia in a horn to horn duel which is awesome

9. Has a great voice. Evil Cadance laughter is so damn perfect, evil and bitchy. Chrysalis has the perfect laugh.

Edited by cider float

Of course, if we're going by pure amount of evil...think there is one diabolical villain we're not accounting for...

Angel Bunny!

Hmmm Angel Bunny hasn't appeared in this show for a long time. He must be plotting something.

Hmmm Angel Bunny hasn't appeared in this show for a long time. He must be plotting something.

Hrmm, we have seen them change into rocks before...Expression of Shock! Maybe he's been a changeling all along!!

No. No wait, I actually like changelings.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say Lord Tirek due to I grew up with generation 1 my little pony which he was the first villain I believe in generation 1 could be wrong. but seeing him in generation 4 was awesome they brought an old villain back and he was not reformed that's an added bonus.

I find Tirek and Chrysalis the most effective villains, so as such they are my current favorites.

I also like Lightning Dust quite a bit despite not seeing her as a true villain.

We need a couple new villains, since we are getting low on truly effective ones.