Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Well this came out of nowhere(Guardians of Harmony Comic - Chapter 1)

Megas

Didn't we just go through that "Chrysalis invades the Crystal Empire" thing during the Umbrum fiasco?

Yeah, kind of jumps right out there :P

Kotaku just published the first chapter of the Guardians of Harmony comic, writer is unknown but the artist is Andy Price

https://kotaku.com/its-dash-vs-the-shadowbolts-in-chapter-one-of-the-guar-1787080056

I have my reservations for GoH as a whole, but as far as the comic goes, so far it looks promising

Damned, Dash is easier than VEGETA to play. Like, I saw that coming from MILES away XD

Liked the comic, and it was pretty well done. the art of the shadowbolts showing up was especially well done. That being said, whiles its VASTLY more logical of an explanation, I'm kind of sad that the shadowbolts were just a couple of bog standard changelings pretending to be them :/

I would have preferred to have had some wild magic still running around and that's how they were still existing or something despite being illussions.

On that note, so NMM is on the cover, I wonder if they'll do a "Changeling impersonates NMM" thing too? :P

So GOH did become a comic. Huh. I might decide to check this out eventually. But given the reactions to the comics lately, I don't know if it will be worthwhile or not.

To be honest, this really doesn't need to be its own thing, based on the comic so far. Its 100% the EXACT same style and feel of normal FIM canon, and its not any more action focused than your normal series is: they had this same level of fighting/action in the mane comic series for example.

Like, I understand that its to shill the toys, so its got to have the tag, but it honestly doesn't differentiate itself any different; like at lest the EQG series has its own universe and characters to make it highly unique.

And we're gonna do it again.

Gotta admit, the one thing I find a little off about this comic is how out of nowhere chrysalis's invasion is. Its not like she cut off communication and attacked in secret or anything, this apparently a giant, obvious attack on it, with time for canterlot to mobilize and respond.

So chrysalis just deciding to invade will seem INCREDIBLY forced unless they pull out some random plot twist to explain it. And given how she JUST tried this in a team up and got swiftly betrayed, I don't see her working with another villain for a while to explain things. (Banking on NMM being another changeling disguise, probably chryssy playing mind games with celestia)

• 1 month later...