Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack least liked Merch mane 6?

ManaMinori

Every time I go to Toys R Us, Wal Mart, Target, there always seem to be plenty of various A.J. related merchant left on the shelves, while most often, the other mane 6 have been taken by the target demographic, and given good homes. Has anyone seen A.J. being left on the shelf, more often than not, when it comes to leftover merch?

Sorry. Was too busy brushing my Applejack plushie's mane while wearing my Applejack t-shirt.

(Seriously, hadn't noticed. Applejack seems to have her fans the same as every other pony.)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'd actually argue she's the most liked, she may not have the same amount of lovers some of the more popular ponies have, but she also has no where near as many militant, unhealthily obsessed haters as the others either

EDIT: Oh wait we're talking about merch :P

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's kinda common to see leftover AJ toys. If I'm not mistaken, she's among the three least popular out of the mane6 by the target demographic judging that most of their merchandise feature Twi, Dashie, and Pinks. AJ, Flutters and Rarity are rarely seen in those, and maybe even by their standards, she's pretty unpopular :huh:. Maybe her missing (usually) hat is a factor too :dash:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Honestly, while I don't hate Applejack she may be my least favourite of the main 6. Her accent and family kind of bother me. When it comes to merchandise and whether or not her toy is the last one on shelves, I think that it probably has to do with the younger MLP dynamic. The other members of the main 6 are arguably more girly or more striking by comparison, therefore appealing more to the intended 6 year old girl target demographic.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think children do not really like her design and character so much.

If I got this right, it is also mostly the adults who can relate to her.

Plus, she is often not complete since she often comes without hat.

I do not wanna buy her without her hat...It is a part of her. >->

Edited by Aya. K.
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

I like Applejack (but my favourite is Dashie) and once more the "surprise egg by Kinder" only has 4 ponies.

First time: Pinkie, Twilight, Dashie and Fluttershy (pony and Equestria Girls)

Second time: Pinkie, Twilight, Dashie and Rarity

Third time: Pinkie, Twilight, Rarity and Fluttershy (pony and Equestria Girls)

It's the third time and for the third time no Applejack D: It's always Pinkie and Twilight

• Brohoof 1

I guess it depends on the store itself due to the stores I go to hardly have Applejack on the shelf I mostly see Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy left behind on the shelves.

Edited by chaosprincess

When we had a Target in our town, it was a bit different, there seemed to be an overflow of Pinkie merch that never sold. Every other pony would sell except her. As for AJ, I think it's purely because most of her merchandise doesn't include her hat, or even her red mane and tail ties which are all part of her character. 

It just seems to be Hasbro cutting corners on merch...much like most of Dashie's merch....her mane and tail are, for the vast majority of her merch, not show accurate at all, usually just 2-3 colours in her mane and tail...and not really correct ones either.

• 4 weeks later...

Come to think of it, I hardly ever see any AJ merch at all! :o And I just thought that Hasbro, you know, didn't really MAKE much AJ merch in the first place. But maybe it's because she's actually very popular around here and kids buy all the available merch??

(OR maybe there's been some market research that showed she wasn't very popular among the target... And now most stores don't even bother importing any AJ merch and stocking their shelves with it?)