Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where is human Sunset?

LordDiscord

With the release of "The legends of Everfree" just around the corner, this will mark the 4th Equestria Girls movie to release. Now out of all the movies one lingering question has still went unanswered, where is the human counterpart to Sunset Shimmer. We have seen there are human equivalents to all of the Mane 6 even Twilight, but there does not seem to be a human Sunset. This makes me curious, is it possible that Sunset did not exist in that would before she came there from Equestria? Or is it just chance that they have not met each other. Now since it is unlikely the human counterpart will appear in "Legends of Everfree", it is still possible that she could appear in future movies, and would we want her to. I mean, I find it difficult how she would be explained, there can't be 2 Sunset, so either they would have to seen the Sunset away, or they would have to make her a possible recurring villain, one that is likely upset with her goody to shoes counterpart and don't like the fact that her reputation is being spoiled by what she may deem a imposter.   

Human Sunset Shimmer could very well appear in the new movie, but it would be much easier for the producers to simply not include her. If they did, much of the movie would be taken explanatory and frankly boring details.

• Brohoof 1

Human Sunset Shimmer could very well appear in the new movie, but it would be much easier for the producers to simply not include her. If they did, much of the movie would be taken explanatory and frankly boring details.

Yeah, kinda of a waste if they do a whole movie for that :dash:. Still...

The stinger of LoE makes it clear that it's not the end of EG with equestrian magic running amok the human world. MAYBE Human Sunny will be affected with that magic or something. 

You know, I think it'll be more interesting if instead of Human Sunny, it could be another relative. Perfect for more character dept for Sunny (Human Sunny would be dead in this scenario)

Edited by Steve Piranha

Remember that Equestria's Sunset Shimmer was not a nice pony when she first came through the portal. So, when she first encountered Human Sunset Shimmer, well, there was shock, then anger, then a fight, and then...

@@LordDiscord

Hey there :)

As your topic has less to do with the Friendship is Magic series, and more to do with the Equestria Girls movies, I have moved your topic over to the appropriate section :)

As to contribute to the topic, perhaps the Sunset of the EG universe lives somewhere else. Might be that we will never get to see her, due to the fact that the Sunset of Equestria is going to remain within the EG universe forever (it's her home now). So the two Sunset's meeting would be a little bit confusing (why we only got a little short joke sketch of Twilight and Sci-Twi meeting at the end of the Friendship Games movie :D) :P

@@LordDiscord

Hey there :)

As your topic has less to do with the Friendship is Magic series, and more to do with the Equestria Girls movies, I have moved your topic over to the appropriate section :)

As to contribute to the topic, perhaps the Sunset of the EG universe lives somewhere else. Might be that we will never get to see her, due to the fact that the Sunset of Equestria is going to remain within the EG universe forever (it's her home now). So the two Sunset's meeting would be a little bit confusing (why we only got a little short joke sketch of Twilight and Sci-Twi meeting at the end of the Friendship Games movie :D) :P

So does that mean we will never see pony Twi return? I mean, it would be kind of dumb to stop including her now, after having her have 3 appearances already, I could understand if they made a spin off series to the movies that they would likely use human Twi, so they can keep the 2 series separated, but seeing as pony Twi is already their friend, she will have to return sometime. And I don't mean she has to be a new addition, maybe we can learn that her human counterpart is bad and no matter what they can't reform her so she is left in the same state as the Dazzlings, where she is defeated, but not reformed.

Also I feel as it would fit as a perfect foil, giving Sunset a glimpse of what she use to be like and what her life could have been if she continued down that road, it could be a very big reminder for her and a way to help her move on from that event.

Edited by LordDiscord

So does that mean we will never see pony Twi return? I mean, it would be kind of dumb to stop including her now, after having her have 3 appearances already, I could understand if they made a spin off series to the movies that they would likely use human Twi, so they can keep the 2 series separated, but seeing as pony Twi is already their friend, she will have to return sometime. And I don't mean she has to be a new addition, maybe we can learn that her human counterpart is bad and no matter what they can't reform her so she is left in the same state as the Dazzlings, where she is defeated, but not reformed.

Well, personally I don't think pony Twi will be ever returning there, at least not for us to see :). I think we might be able to see some scenes where she and Sunset are writing to each other. But nothing more I think.

As for evil Sunset Shimmer, I also kinda thought about that, but when I think more about it, it would just be leak beating a dead horse. I don't think it would be fitting that they did something like that again :P.

I also think that Sunset has already pretty much moved on at this point :P Though I have not seen the newest movie, LoE so I guess I will also have to see that one to really be the judge of that ^_^  ^_^  

• Brohoof 1

Well we already covered human world Twilight in Friendship Games, so covering the topic of human world Sunset Shimmer would be redundant.

Plus I kind of like to assume that she somehow made it to Equestria and is in hiding somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

I think we'd see human Sunset in the final EQG movie, which I believe to be the next one. She could show up as its antagonist. It would be similar to FG and it would serve as SciTwi's final evolution in her character arc, possibly after Sunset has gone back to Equestria to stop the worlds from merging together.

She could very well live in the same city as the rest of the cast, but never really noticed any of the magic because it was originally isolated to one location. Thanks to what we discovered at the conclusion of Legend of Everfree, it's possible that Sunset's human form could become curious as to the strange happenings going on, but not for the same reasons that Sci-Twi was after. Or, she could be living in another city or country which would make it hard for her to make an appearance barring some weird circumstance.

Then again, I do view Sunset as being the gap who bridges both Equestria and the human world together. She is a pony living as a human in a world filled with them. Because of that, there might not be another Sunset out there.

• Brohoof 1

It would just confuse the viewers if another Sunset appeared. It has already been done with Twilight, so... Let's not hope for another Sunset to appear. I'm sure we all can use our imagination to think of where she might be. Most probably NOT in the same town as the mane 6 are located, etc, etc. It could be anything. Maybe they could make something funny out of it by Twi asking that particular question and get a little "imagination flash" to where the alternate Sunset might be, but they do not make a bigger deal out of it, so the FANS can get satisfied with this question.

Other than that, there's no use what so ever to bring her up.

Edited by chili

Well, personally I don't think pony Twi will be ever returning there, at least not for us to see :). I think we might be able to see some scenes where she and Sunset are writing to each other. But nothing more I think.

As for evil Sunset Shimmer, I also kinda thought about that, but when I think more about it, it would just be leak beating a dead horse. I don't think it would be fitting that they did something like that again :P.

I also think that Sunset has already pretty much moved on at this point :P Though I have not seen the newest movie, LoE so I guess I will also have to see that one to really be the judge of that ^_^  ^_^  

While I will agree it would be a stretch to make a human Sunset Shimmer and make her a recurring character, I feel we should atleast get some form of information about her, even if she is nothing more then a 2 second camo seen off screen, something to atleast show she exist and is alive so we stop getting comics that show Pony Sunset, killing and replacing Human Sunset. Also I would like atleast one movie, have Sunset come back and make amends, I just don't see Sunset being able to fully move on, with out making amends to everyone she hurt, she can make amends all she wants to Canterlot High, but there is still one pony in Equestria, who just wants to see her even if its only one more time, so complete phasing out Pony Twilight would make that impossible. I feel they need to do that, so that Sunset can really say shes changed for the better and finally put that fiasco behind her. 

comics that show Pony Sunset, killing and replacing Human Sunset

My personal headcanon used to be that when your doppelganger from another dimension entered your world, you immediately dropped dead of heart attack. But now that Twilight's gone and destroyed that, I guess I'll have to live with having two Sunset Shimmers wandering about.

Maybe she was doing special independent study under Celestia, and when pony Sunset showed up she went into hiding. Or something.

If she is still around, she's in for a lot of trouble. Now that the Mane 7 are basically superheroes, everyone's going to come after human-world Sunset thinking they're attacking the secret identity of pony Sunset. Or at least, that's my new headcanon.

I don't know much about Sunset Shimmer's past beyond being Celestia's student. Is it possible to have a senario where a similar accident happen in both worlds but shimmer survived in pony world but her family survived in human world? Does she even have family back in Equestria?

Is it possible that when she came to human world thar human shimmer's family just accepted her as their shimmer? Maybe human shimmer disappeared/ died around time shimmer came over without pony shimmer being involved?

Or possibly human shimmer found another way to equestria and has been lost in everfree forest all this time till she is found in season 7?

well you see, sunset came to the human world with a shovel, where she slowly blunged herself..kinda in the head, and dumped her in the lake, no one can say "Oh shit, sunset's dead" When theres a sunset at a school..*Dundun*

I don't know much about Sunset Shimmer's past beyond being Celestia's student. Is it possible to have a senario where a similar accident happen in both worlds but shimmer survived in pony world but her family survived in human world? Does she even have family back in Equestria?

Is it possible that when she came to human world thar human shimmer's family just accepted her as their shimmer? Maybe human shimmer disappeared/ died around time shimmer came over without pony shimmer being involved?

Or possibly human shimmer found another way to equestria and has been lost in everfree forest all this time till she is found in season 7?

i'unno if i'd like that, mostly because twilight woud probably be "FRIENDSHIP LESSON TIME~" and thus we have starlight glimmer number 2. who was sunset number 2. who was twilight number 2.

Edited by Izanagi

well you see, sunset came to the human world with a shovel, where she slowly blunged herself..kinda in the head, and dumped her in the lake, no one can say "Oh shit, sunset's dead" When theres a sunset at a school..*Dundun*

i'unno if i'd like that, mostly because twilight woud probably be "FRIENDSHIP LESSON TIME~" and thus we have starlight glimmer number 2. who was sunset number 2. who was twilight number 2.

That's it starlight glimmer is human shimmer in disguise lol

That's it starlight glimmer is human shimmer in disguise lol

i mean..they kinda have the same hair..though didn't starlight glimmers hair chage and everyone got really annoyed? I also know that sunset's colouring got..pale in eqg3. like her hair dye was running out and underneath is just white.

I really want to see human Sunset, hopefully they'll show her in the next movie.

We're getting three specials instead so perhaps one of them will feature the human world's Sunset.

My guess it will either be part of an EG special or movie related plot in a future EG movie. Unless LoE ending was a setup for possible EG series, then I'd suspect the answer would be an episode plot point. My guess is until Hasbro figures out how to make money off of her we'll never know the true answer to where human shimmer is.

Possibility exist also that shimmer was somehow ripped from human world as a baby before. And she really is original from human world and the pony Shimmer either didn't exist or hid as human shimmer grewup in Equestria. Once shimmer left the pony shimmer was to scared to come out of hiding. And I realize I'm way over thinking about this.

Oh ok, awesome, I didn't know about that!

We have no idea what they will be about or when they will be released, but I'm hoping that they continue on from where Legend of Everfree ended.

Once again, the question hot on EqG fan's minds: where is she? I say with a firm...

Girl's in juvie yo. She's digging her way out with a spork from the cafeteria. We'll see her in Equestria Girls 8: Double Jailpardy

• Brohoof 3