Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your personality type?

Member Berry

My personality type? Well, take a pick:

MBTI - INTJ
Big 5 - RxOEI
Enneagram - 5w6
4 Temperaments/Eysenck - Melancholic

Just remember that putting yourself in one of sixteen boxes of MBTI has twofold consequences: it may lead to self-discovery, better understanding of oneself and better care for oneself, but being type-savvy can be a risk if you use your type as an excuse or worse, judge others based on their type.

• Brohoof 1

The Myer Briggs test, or MBTI, is not a very good representation of personality, actually. It's a popular personality test, but it has poor validity and reliability. Most people often don't take the test a second time, but some that do often get inconcistent results or results that they don't believe match them. Some psychologists call the terminology too vague and general so anyone can somehow affirm to their personality type even if they're actual connection to it is weak (which also lacks falsifiability).

The Big Five personality traits are more commonly accepted, more reliable, and more valid, though it still faces some dispute.

• Brohoof 4

The Myer Briggs test, or MBTI, is not a very good representation of personality, actually. It's a popular personality test, but it has poor validity and reliability. Most people often don't take the test a second time, but some that do often get inconcistent results or results that they don't believe match them. Some psychologists call the terminology too vague and general so anyone can somehow affirm to their personality type even if they're actual connection to it is weak (which also lacks falsifiability).

The Big Five personality traits are more commonly accepted, more reliable, and more valid, though it still faces some dispute.

I don't take it too seriously. I just like taking personality tests for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

Mind - Extroverted 25% / Introverted 75%

Energy - Intuitive 52% / Observant 48%

Nature - Thinking 56% / Feeling 44%

Tactics - Judging 26% / Prospecting 74%

Identity - Assertive 46% / Turbulent 54%

The Logician a.k.a INTP

• Brohoof 2

MBTI tests are utter garbage, predictable as hell, and rely on the Barnum effect in type descriptions.

If you want some valuable insights on the underlying principle, research the cognitive function, and do some introspection or analysis with people who know you well to determine your type.

Edited by Velcorn
  • Brohoof 3

i have looked at a lot of stuff to help explain who i am, not for the fact of, but as conformation to what i have seen.

my profile shows this, my poetry blog shows this as well. and i have taken many tests, they all say i am "unique", and a minority.

mediator (INFP-T)

this only conferms it further. just as the others have.

MBTI tests are utter garbage, predictable as hell, and rely on the Barnum effect in type descriptions.

If you want some valuable insights on the underlying principle, research the cognitive function, and do some introspection or analysis with people who know you well to determine your type.

and it may be worded to fit any person reading it, but its what you get from it that counts.

the same with horoscopes, I don't think they are meant to be read daily, just when you need / want some insight.

as a mirror to your soul, the words will reflect what is in side...

but that is just how I see it. and how I use those things.

• Brohoof 1

I don't take it too seriously. I just like taking personality tests for some reason.

Alright, it's just that people and even businesses have put some of their decisions on the MBTI when the test is shown to have poor validity, reliability, and consistency. It's basically the current generation's horoscope. I won't go as far as to say it's pseudoscientific but most paychologists generally don't like the MBTI.

It says I'm a mediator! That's mostly true, but I prefer reals over feels. Not everything is perfect though!

That is true, but most of us just do it for fun, I don't think many people actually believe that these tests actually define them.

• Brohoof 4

"The Mediator"

INFP

infp.png

Strengths

Idealistic – INFPs' friends and loved ones will come to admire and depend on them for their optimism. Their unshaken belief that all people are inherently good, perhaps simply misunderstood, lends itself to an incredibly resilient attitude in the face of hardship.

Seek and Value Harmony – People with the INFP personality type have no interest in having power over others, and don't much care for domineering attitudes at all. They prefer a more democratic approach, and work hard to ensure that every voice and perspective is heard.

Open-Minded and Flexible – A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to INFPs, and they dislike being constrained by rules. INFPs give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they'll support others' right to do what they think is right.

Very Creative – INFPs combine their intuitive nature with their open-mindedness to allow them to see things from unconventional perspectives. Being able to connect many far-flung dots into a single theme, it's no wonder that many INFPs are celebrated poets and authors.

Passionate and Energetic – When something captures INFPs' imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they go all in, dedicating their time, energy, thoughts and emotions to the project. Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it's needed.

Dedicated and Hard-Working – While others focusing on the challenges of the moment may give up when the going gets tough, INFPs (especially Assertive ones) have the benefit of their far-reaching vision to help them through. Knowing that what they are doing is meaningful gives people with this personality type a sense of purpose and even courage when it comes to accomplishing something they believe in.

Weaknesses

Too Idealistic – INFPs often take their idealism too far, setting themselves up for disappointment as, again and again, evil things happen in the world. This is true on a personal level too, as INFPs may not just idealize their partners, but idolize them, forgetting that no one is perfect.

Too Altruistic – INFPs sometimes see themselves as selfish, but only because they want to give so much more than they are able to. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as they try to push themselves to commit to a chosen cause or person, forgetting to take care of the needs of others in their lives, and especially themselves.

Impractical – When something captures INFPs' imagination, they can neglect practical matters like day-to-day maintenance and simple pleasures. Sometimes people with the INFP personality type will take this asceticism so far as to neglect eating and drinking as they pursue their passion or cause.

Dislike Dealing With Data – INFPs are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. INFPs are in tune with emotions and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.

Take Things Personally – INFPs often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, INFPs will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.

Difficult to Get to Know – INFPs are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.

• Brohoof 2

Mind - Extroverted 36% / Introverted 64%

Energy - Intuitive 82% / Observant 18%

Nature - Thinking 20% / Feeling 80%

Tactics - Judging 18% / Prospecting 82%

Identity - Assertive 37% / Turbulent 63%

Mediator (INFP-T)

{No one can stop you from dreaming!}

Famous Mediators include: JRR Tolkien, Johnny Depp, William Shakespear, Arwen, Frodo Baggins, Tom Hiddleston, Alicia Keys

• Brohoof 2