• Not at all! -_-
    • Eh, not really. >_>
    • Meh; nothing special.
    • It was...a'ight. I liked it.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!! <3

TitleP.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)

Air Date: October 1, 2016
Written by: Michael P. Fox and Will Fox

Synopsis: When Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie return from a boating trip angry at each other, Twilight Sparkle must discern the truth to save their friendships after hearing three very different versions of the events.

Of course remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

452186__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+da

• Brohoof 6

Y'know, two episodes ago I surmised AJ secretly didn't like Pinkie's parties. That may not be the case, but you could surmise these characters have some hidden misgivings about each of their friends since they were quick to blame specific ponies as to who sank the boat.

Rarity has issues with AJ.

Pinkie has issues with Rarity.

And AJ has issues with Pinkie, and Rarity to a lesser extent.

• Brohoof 3

Lol, since when did Twilight turn into Fluttershy and know so much about sea creatures to the point of even being able to understand their vocalizations? XD

Edited by Truffles

Starting out my double dosage of animated goodness today, I feel like this episode made for a nice warm up for Legend of Everfree.

This episode ending up being a pretty cute one where Rarity Applejack and Pinkie Pie were able to provide different perspectives for what happened and that allowed for some decent humorous moments.

Not one of the all time best episodes of the show, but better than I expected this episode to end out like.

Also luxury cruises never sink, insert your Titanic references here.

• Brohoof 1

I love their stories, the Over the top flanderized OOC interpretations of their friends each of the three had were great. I especially loved Pirate AJ and Darling Rarity Darling...Darling. Spike was great too, this was overall a pretty funny episode.

Good lesson too, stuff like this happens a lot when people fail to communicate, it's a bit exaggerated for comedy here, but otherwise true to life. You'd think this problem wouldn't happen with such good friends who know each other so well, and for so long. But in some cases that can almost make it worse. You might get so used to them acting certain ways, that when they "Break Character" in your mind, even when they really didn't, it can put you off quite a bit.

And I'm glad this episode had so much focus on Twilight as well, she's felt like she was a bit on the sideline this season so far.

I had fun, it was a good episode.

• Brohoof 5

An interesting episode about expressing one's communication correctly. Twilight and Spike helping their friends amend their miscommunication also shows Twilight's role as a teacher of friendship. The boat trip is a welcoming change in scenery and Pirate Applejack was so darn great! A good fundamental episode about learning each other's point of view and helping each other to realize that to prevent long term friend issues.

• Brohoof 2

I thought the episode was OK. I liked it well enough, but it just wasn't a standout episode to me. I do like how you can tell that AJ kinda thinks Pinkie is an idiot. ^_^

Edited by Cirrus.

A high sea adventure awaits!

What I liked:

Twilight: Just nice to see her more adorkable side in the first couple of acts.

Spike: The audiences surrogate everyone, pointing out what people are asking

The stories/The Rashamon style: Nice to see a classic trope being well played. Different story lines and I liked we never truly saw the real version. 

The overthetop 3: Yeah that's what I'm calling Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity. Really liked their more over the top depictions by the others, especially Ahab Applejack.

The three-horn Monster: Who's a cute little guy, you are yes you are.

The visual gags: From Rarity has craps to Spike getting the letter shoved at him, this episode had a lot of wordless humor going on in it. 

What I didn't like:

Twilight instant solve: Reminds me of Mystery on the Friendship Express where Twilight is given all the clues but we the audience aren't given the context so we can't go along with her and figure out what happens. The Monster is straight out of nowhere with no hints prior to it so you can't go along and solve the mystery with the characters. Also monster calling is Fluttershy's thing Twilight. 

What was ???

The boat: So if they were in shallow water, why did the boat sink? If anything given how shallow of water they were in, it should have grounds ashore. 

So decent episode all around.  More one played off of visual gags and character interactions more than story but a very enjoyable outing.

• Brohoof 3

Damn solid episode. The characters were entertaining and funny as heck, and the mystery was interesting. We finally got to properly see ponies at sea on a boat, which is something I've wanted to see for a long time.

I could complain about the solution to the mystery feeling like it was pulled out of nowhere (how the hell is the audience supposed to know what a horned bullion or whatever it was is? We'd like to attempt to solve the mystery as well, show, thank you very much) and the element of honesty lying the most, but we've seen the latter so many times it really doesn't matter. The former is a bigger issue, but humour is more important for me so I don't personally care.

Once again conflict is caused by characters failing to communicate like normal human beings. But because they're silly horses, I'm going to forgive them once again.

Edited by Professional Horse
  • Brohoof 2

Eh, it was a pretty standard differing perspectives story of an episode. That trihorn thing was kinda cute tho, and I did enjoy seeing those Rarity outfits. :D

Also, never trust a cucumber sandwich.

63091844.jpg

That was pretty good. Each of their interpretations were hilarious caricature and each retelling was interesting to watch crash and burn. Although, the fact that this was all caused by that sea serpent (whose name I have already forgotten) kinda feels like a cop out. I thought that Twilight would end up taking all the similar elements of each story and piecing together what actually happened, now we'll never know the full story.

Spike was also really good this episode too. Again, I thought his desire to know how they got back to land would remain unanswered, like a final closing gag. 

I thought it was an interesting episode. Though I don't exactly know who's story was most accurate. I'm going to guess it was Applejack who was the most accurate to what happened. I also like the lesson of listening to everypony's perspective to determine the truth.

• Brohoof 2

Decent yet forgettable. That said, this is how Twilight was supposed to function: helping ponies with (comical) friendship problems without having to babysit some shitty character in nearly all of “her” episodes. Ah well, I’ll likely have more shit to shovel next week. I’ll take this calm before the shitstorm and gather my deplorable strength.

P.S: Jack Tar is best Jack.

P.P.S: Bunyips are not marine creatures. #Triggered

• Brohoof 2