What did you think of the episode?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Not at all! -_-
    • Eh, not really. >_>
    • Meh; nothing special.
    • It was...a'ight. I liked it.
    • THAT WAS AWESOME!!! <3

It was a pretty meh episode, some parts was pretty dumb, especially the ending, there were some funny parts, and Pirate AJ was a riot. On the other hand....and I the only who thought AJ's take on Pinkie was mean? Like, really really mean?

@@Flutter Baby <3,

1262796__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

Hopefully this answers your question 

• Brohoof 1

This was a decent episode. Rarity's, Pinkie's and AJ's exaggerated and inaccurate perceptions of each other were humorous. Rarity perceived AJ as a reckless pirate, Pinkie perceived Rarity as a snob and AJ perceived Pinkie as a moron.

Where was that harbor anyway? It doesn't look like Ponyville.

• 3 weeks later...

bah! I have to catch up with the last 5 episodes of the season, this is the first of them.

Well.. it was a pleasant episode, these small quarrels between the mane 3 make them adorable and from that way I can understand it was a nice episode, 4/5. I cannot call it awesome, as this episode was not it. I didn't expect some sea creature be the reason for their row, so this was not expected but also kind of random. I would not say it had a strong story and it wasn't so well made in trying to be some episode with unraveling a mystery.. did it have Scooby Doo reference? But I guess, for an episode that nothing happens it was alright. 

Oh and Spike got me here with his 'enough bs' attitude, cooler than any episode, really never else liked Spike as much as in this moment

Edited by ImpctR

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
(edited)

I thought the Episode was very funny and interesting, even though only the first over exaggerated Story seemed unbelievable, the other two seemed pretty believable to me, since both Rarity and Pinkie Pie seem to act that extreme sometimes, they dont do it always, but both of the last Storys seemed believable. XD

Also i dont understand how they just leave, just because the boat flipped, cant Rarity use Magic? Wouldnt that Problem be easily solved? No? Okay.

Edit : I have to correct myself, the boat got destroyed and i guess Rarity isnt as strong as Twilight or Starlight. Even though she should be, considering she is an Element, but okay.

Edited by Luna Moon

• 3 weeks later...

This episode is fun mystery type situation where there are three perspectives of the same story. Of course the mystery is cracked by the end of it, but the audience themelf, if alert enough, could solve the mystery before Twilight. Speaking of Twilight, she seems to have a much bigger role in this episode. For a while she was mostly on the sideline. But overall pretty good episode.

Edited by Nye

• 3 weeks later...

This one was enjoyable. As many have pointed out, the highlight of it was Pirate AJ.
Also, did anyone else think "The One With the Jellyfish" when they read the summary?

Spoiler

5a95307810f71_PPOVfaces.png.4d9905cb4465587d475b8d7324ec0b5e.png

5a9530660dbf0_PPOVfaces2.png.da342a7f9c9596568e67e426fcbf5896.png

• 5 months later...

This episode is stupid, but it knows it's stupid. The "story" is just an excuse to tell jokes with exaggerated forms of Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack. As an excuse for jokes, I think it works. The exaggerated characters are pretty funny and the ending is especially funny in just how stupid it is.

Score: -8/10

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This episode is really dumb and not funny enough to make up for it. The episode makes it obvious that it doesn't care about its story because of the ending with the stupid sea monster twist. This is just an excuse to tell a bunch of jokes. But the jokes aren't that good because they're all the same. The joke is that a character is being flanderized. That's most of the jokes in the episode and they get old quickly. This leads to a pretty dull and stupid episode. 

I do like the little bits showing Twilight and Spike's dynamic and there are a couple jokes within the stories that are funny, but they're not enough to make up for everything else.

Score: 4/10

• 10 months later...

While the problem in this episode, that pinkie, AJ and rarity all behave in a very juvenile way and the resolution is disappointing, the episode was very funny, especially the stories they made up. 6\10  Pirate jack and titanic rarity were the highlights of the episode by far. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I really liked the idea of this episode, but I don't think it's very well executed. The whole setting and the final resolution of the different points of views was far to shallow for my taste. But it's quite the hilarious episode, if one does not take it seriously. I see this one more as a filler episode, if I'm honest. Nonetheless for it's target audience this episode is fine :)

• 6 months later...

Let's be real, you don't get too far in to this episode before it's obvious that this isn't a 'take this seriously' episode, and the demographic it's intended for wouldn't to begin with.  I liked the over the top POV stories, but my favorite is still pirate AJ.  Twilight's knowledge toward the end of things came from where it always does, clearly .. from books.  I liked Spike throughout the episode.

• 2 years later...

“Oh don’t worry, dear. Luxury cruises never sink!” - somebody on the Titanic, probably.

This was a fun episode. All three of the retellings are pretty funny. Especially Pinkie’s and Applejack’s views on Rarity, I loved both of them. Kind of reminds me something from the first 2 seasons with how relatively low stakes and simple of an episode it was.