Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being naked

Zantetsuken

I never change clothes nor wear clothes partially in front of other people, I kinda feel embarrassed for myself. >_>

But at home... Uhhh... :wacko: It'll be better to not to discuss it here. :twi:

(edited)

Only when I'm at home and posting on MLP forums. 

Just kidding!

Sometimes when I'm not at home I strip off a few layers too. Within legal limits of course.

But seriously I've been naked in front of so many people it's not a big deal anymore. Plus having a rippling physique helps as well. Ponies are almost always naked and we don't judge them for it right?

Well maybe I do judge them a little bit.

Edited by Roughshod
Having a functioning keyboard also helps.

The most I'll go is underwear. Sitting in my chair fully naked would be a bit weird. :blink:

• Brohoof 4

I'd like to walk naked a little more often, but I don't, as I live with my parents and two brothers and never know when I'm gonna get walked in on. The furthest I'll go naked outside the bathroom is when I'm about to step into or out of the shower but realized I forgot something (clothes or a towel or something).

The only time I'am nude is when I'am in the bathroom with the door locked when showering. I don't want my family to see me nude, I almost always wear long trousers and a T-shirt and socks. I sleep in underwear tho, not wearing pants just feels weird. And as a male, I find it really annoying to sleep [due to being unrestricted].

Let's elevate this discussion a little. Though there is a strong social stigma regarding nudity in some countries (though not all), recent medical and psychological studies are stated to build empirical evidence that nudity has legitimate health benefits. Let's take a brief look at these befits. Sleeping naked reduces skin temperature which assists in regulation of restful sleep. You wake up less during the night, have longer periods of deep sleep, improving waking concentration and mood. Reviewing the following study, the evidence is pretty damn solid. As it stated. 

The review provides a brief overview of the neuroanatomical pathways and physiological mechanisms by which skin temperature can affect the regulation of sleep and vigilance. In addition, current pitfalls and possibilities of practical applications for sleep enhancement are discussed, including the recent finding of impaired thermal comfort perception in insomniacs.

Sleeping naked improves heart health and circulation, reduces stress, regulations hormones that help keep one alert and confident, and decreases the effects of aging. 

Research yo!

Spoiler

Non-Distal skin temp effects

Romeijn, N., Raymann, R. J. E. M., Møst, E., Te Lindert, B., Van Der Meijden, W. P., Fronczek, R., … Van Someren, E. J. W. (2012). Sleep, vigilance, and thermosensitivity. Pflugers Archiv, 463(1), 169–176. http://doi.org/10.1007/s00424-011-1042-2

The relationship between insomnia and body temperatures

Lack, Leon C. et al.
Sleep Medicine Reviews , Volume 12 , Issue 4 , 307 - 317

Michael Gradisar, Leon Lack, Helen Wright, Jodie Harris, and Amber Brooks
American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology 2006 290:4R1115-R1121 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Jeric said:

Let's elevate this discussion a little. Though there is a strong social stigma regarding nudity in some countries (though not all), recent medical and psychological studies are stated to build empirical evidence that nudity has legitimate health benefits. Let's take a brief look at these befits. Sleeping naked reduces skin temperature which assists in regulation of restful sleep. You wake up less during the night, have longer periods of deep sleep, improving waking concentration and mood. Reviewing the following study, the evidence is pretty damn solid. As it stated. 

Sleeping naked improves heart health and circulation, reduces stress, regulations hormones that help keep one alert and confident, and decreases the effects of aging. 

Research yo!

Hide contents

Non-Distal skin temp effects

Romeijn, N., Raymann, R. J. E. M., Møst, E., Te Lindert, B., Van Der Meijden, W. P., Fronczek, R., … Van Someren, E. J. W. (2012). Sleep, vigilance, and thermosensitivity. Pflugers Archiv, 463(1), 169–176. http://doi.org/10.1007/s00424-011-1042-2

The relationship between insomnia and body temperatures

Lack, Leon C. et al.
Sleep Medicine Reviews , Volume 12 , Issue 4 , 307 - 317

Michael Gradisar, Leon Lack, Helen Wright, Jodie Harris, and Amber Brooks
American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology 2006 290:4R1115-R1121 

Interesting. If that's the case, then I'm already one step ahead sleeping buck naked in my own room.

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2018 at 1:48 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I honestly love being naked at home. After a long day at work it's sometimes nice to let the stress drift away as I relax in the altogether. I have a roommate, but she's similarly equipped so it's no big deal. 

I agree, being naked at home is very comfortable.

Although it can be annoying if your parents don't want to see you naked

• Brohoof 1

Being honest, I'm naked pretty much whenever I can be. Whenever I'm around the house I usually wear either a towel or some blankets to keep anything...sensitive out of view.:mlp_rarity::-D

To be frank, being naked in your own house is strangely...liberating. I know that it sounds odd, but...yeah, that's honestly how I feel.:mlp_please:

3 hours ago, Feather Data said:

I agree, being naked at home is very comfortable.

Although it can be annoying if your parents don't want to see you naked

YES.B)

• Brohoof 2

I think the only time I'm ever naked is when I'm sleeping or showering. I'd feel way too awkward to just be openly naked during the day, even if I was home alone.