Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Best and Worst Red Rangers.

BrawnyCharger

I happen to be a fan of the Power Rangers franchise. I was when I was a kid and thanks to Linkara's History of Power Rangers series, I got back interested in the series.

Now I want to know which are your favorite and least favorite Red Rangers. I consider Forever Red one of my favorite episodes and seeing all those Red Rangers from the past was a lot of fun. So, Which ones do you like and dislike the most?

• Brohoof 1

Favourite?

Wild Force, everything about that one was really great! 

Y'know after not having seen that in over a decade, I only just realize how cheesy the opening is XD I still love it though X3

Least Favourite....

Maybe the one from Dino thunder? Mostly because Young me really disliked Dinothunder 

• Brohoof 1

I admit most of my knowledge of Power Rangers comes for Linkara's History of Power Rangers, though I have watched a few of the series thanks to Netflix and am currently watching Dino Charge.

Favorite would Jack from S.P.D. Least favorite would be Troy, from Megaforce. His delivery is so dry and wooden that it becomes painful.  

I've always liked a number of the early reds such as Jason, Tommy, TJ, Andros, Leo, Carter and Wes. Andros is perhaps my absolute favorite. 

-Jason set the standard for how a red ranger should be.

-Rocky unfortunately was a watered down subordinate during his run as Red Ranger. Which unfortunately was during the series' peak in popularity.

-Tommy what can I add that nobody else has already added.

-TJ gets a little too much flack for the destruction of the Turbo Zords and the Power Chamber, but I thought he did an excellent job as Red Ranger overall.

-Andros is my favorite. I like his complex personality and the fact that he SINGLE HANDEDLY  destroyed the United Alliance of Evil with one blow in the final episode.

-Leo is another one I like. He had great character development throughout the series.

-Carter is a badass though and through. He exemplified the amount of courage it takes to be a power ranger.

-Wes was also relatively complex. I enjoyed his arc in which he chooses to go his own path.

-Cole was okay, not great, but at least he does have the never give up attitude that goes with the job.

-Shane was okay as well, but there's not much too him outstandingly. But at least he did well as a Ranger.

That's all I can say at the moment.

Least favorite - Rocky from MMPR, though that's mostly not his fault, as the writers wanted to make Tommy the leader, and Rocky had to pick up where Jason left off while watering down the Red Ranger's role.

After that is probably one of the newer Red Rangers, either Megaforce or Samurai

Best - Jason, Tommy, or Andross

• Brohoof 2

Continuing On:

-Conner had a number of flaws to his character, but it was a more realistic portrayal of teenagers as opposed to the MMPR era.

-Jack was great as an independent Ranger who preferred to do things his own way. Pretty refreshing.

-Nick I'd have to say was the ABSOLUTE WORST Red Ranger in the franchise. This mainly has much to do with his constant giving up when things look horrible.

-Mack I'd say did pretty well as a Red Ranger considering that the Operation Overdrive team as a whole was one of the worst in the franchise.

-Casey did a great job and was pretty reminiscent of Leo for his rookie to champion status.

-Scott was kind of overlooked throughout the series, similar to Rocky for his lack of individual focus. But he was leader, and he did a good job at it. So not much to say.

I don't have much opinions of Jayden, Lauren, or Troy at the moment. so that's all I have to say right now.

• 1 year later...

Keep in mind that I've seen nothing past the point of Dino Thunder. XD It might just be because it was my favourite series growing up, but my favourite Red Ranger, and the one I have the most memories of, has to be Carter Grayson, closely followed by Shane Clarke. As for my least favourite, despite it being controversial, because I know that a lot of people like him, I'm going to have to say Cole Evans. He's just not great. Most of the acting regarding Power Rangers is shaky at best, or it was when I watched it, but I just couldn't get into his character. It was a mixture of cliches and bad acting that made me dislike him, which was a real shame, because I remember loving that series. He was just ended up being a downside to it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, EightBit said:

Keep in mind that I've seen nothing past the point of Dino Thunder. XD It might just be because it was my favourite series growing up, but my favourite Red Ranger, and the one I have the most memories of, has to be Carter Grayson, closely followed by Shane Clarke. As for my least favourite, despite it being controversial, because I know that a lot of people like him, I'm going to have to say Cole Evans. He's just not great. Most of the acting regarding Power Rangers is shaky at best, or it was when I watched it, but I just couldn't get into his character. It was a mixture of cliches and bad acting that made me dislike him, which was a real shame, because I remember loving that series. He was just ended up being a downside to it.

When comparing to his predecessors, Yeah. I agree. Cole was one of the weaker Reds.