Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What Was Your Favourite Part Of Legend Of Everfree?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Definitely Sunset's little expedition into Pinkie's mind, and especially her reaction when she came out again. "That explains so much." By far the best line in the movie, and too bad it wasn't in the book.

• Brohoof 3

Gia-Gloriosa's song. The villain songs are always the best and Gia-Gloriosa's voice sound so enchanting yet dangerous with the orchestrated instrumentals showcasing darker tones within the OST.

• Brohoof 3

The Midnight in Me song and Sunset looking into Pinkie's mind, I don't know why but that is exactly how I really imagined the insides of Pinkie's brain or how it operates. ^_^

Those were my two favourite parts too. Pinkie's mind actually looks like it would be a lot of fun. Plus, it has all the free dessert you can eat. Too bad they're alive and it's too soon after seeing Sausage Party...
  • Brohoof 1

@@OmegaBeamOfficial,@

One can never understand the Pinkie, not even Pinkie herself :lol:  

Yeah, I bet if you showed that scene to Pinkie even she would think it was strange.

Can I just say every scene with Sunset? Cause that pretty much sums it up other than The Midnight in Me song.

Sunset Shimmer's really improved since the first movie.

He could always just go to Equestria.

Yeah, sure, but that might cause trouble back in the EG world, and he might get confused with the pony Flash Sentry.

We Will Stand For Everfree, the sequence itself is nothing special, but the song makes it for me

Other than that, Derpy comforting Flash after getting blown off by Sunset. At this point those two have more chemistry than with Twilight

Yeah, the songs in this movie sometimes could even outshine what's happening on screen. And anything Derpy does is awesome and cute, I'll second you on that one. DerpyXFlash for life XD

Not to mention how EQG!Derpy finally talked.

Guess her Slice Of Life voice is the consistent one now.

To be honest I did prefer her Slice Of Life voice to the old one anyway. Not because I found it offensive or anything, but I think the new voice just fits the character better.

The Midnight in Me song and Sunset looking into Pinkie's mind, I don't know why but that is exactly how I really imagined the insides of Pinkie's brain or how it operates. ^_^

The mysteries of the Element Of Laughter, will they be revealed? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Sunset looking into Pinkie's mind was really unexpected and hands down the funniest thing to come out of the movie.

I wonder what would happen if she looked into the minds of her other friends...

Twilight (normally): BOOKS!

Applejack: Hard work and guts

Rarity: Fashion

Fluttershy: Animals

Rainbow Dash: Sheer Awesomeness

That's how I see it anyway... I wonder what would happen if Sunset read her own mind...

Personally I think he gets too much hate.

Then again, I suppose his crush on Princess Twilight was doomed from the start, since she has a duty there.

Same here, but I think his chemistry with Sunset here can make up for that, I don't think his entire character is bad.

Definitely Sunset's little expedition into Pinkie's mind, and especially her reaction when she came out again. "That explains so much." By far the best line in the movie, and too bad it wasn't in the book.

It wasn't? Wow, they really don't know how to pick em, huh? This is why I don't read many books based on movies...

Gia-Gloriosa's song. The villain songs are always the best and Gia-Gloriosa's voice sound so enchanting yet dangerous with the orchestrated instrumentals showcasing darker tones within the OST.

Yeah, it gives off a really dramatic vibe to me.

Those were my two favourite parts too. Pinkie's mind actually looks like it would be a lot of fun. Plus, it has all the free dessert you can eat. Too bad they're alive and it's too soon after seeing Sausage Party...

Yeah, maybe next movie (if there is one) Sunset can actually go inside people's minds. And thank god I didn't watch Sausage Party then...

The stinger at the end where pinkie blew up the docks.

I also liked the small bit at the climax where they showed off their various abilities standing up to glory.

Yeah, the endings always blow me away. I think the other movies did end credits scenes better, but hey. And little details like that really help too.

Sunset and the other Mane Five going into Sci-Twi's mind, assuring her that she has control over Midnight Sparkle, not the other way around. It reminds me of the climax scene in Xmen Apocalypse.

That, and the post-credit scene.

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 2

It wasn't? Wow, they really don't know how to pick em, huh? This is why I don't read many books based on movies...

In the book she just says, "I guess this is why you're always so happy." I guess the book is based on the original script, and Sunset's line in the movie was the result of an ad lib by Rebecca Shoichet. The same kind of thing happened in the RR book, where Rarity's line "We've forgiven you for your past...ahem...boo-boos," was just "We've forgiven you for your past transgressions."

• Brohoof 2

favourite moments:

"The Midnight in me". while I felt that is was too short and could've been more loud and dramatic, it played out pretty well.

Bulk Biceps being put into the stitching-group (or whatever girly kind of thing it was, I liked it)

Filthy Rich. I think he just had a great character-design. he looked like they didn't just took the pony-version and slammed it into a human form, they really put a little effort into it. while he only played a insignificant role in this movie, I found him to be pretty enjoyable.

Sunset looking into Pinkies' mind. it's not easy to make things appear to be completely random, they probably thought about what to show us for ages.

The romance. the scenes with Twilight and Timber just worked SO much better than the Twiflash-scenes. it didn't feel forced, and there's actual chemistry between the two characters. also, they didn't leave Flash behind and forgot about him! while I would've been completely fine with this, it's nice of them to throw some SunFlash-moments in there. neat. very neat.

But: WHY WOULD YOU RUIN THAT KISSING-SCENE AT THE END?

tumblr_mlkohxbfnk1s3hm0qo2_250.gif

you have all that awesome and adorable build-up which I ACTUALLY LIKED this time, you focus so much on this story, YOU EVEN THINK OF FLASH SENTRY, THE MOST HATED TV-CHARACTER TO DATE, and yet, you pull of that f*cking ANIME-MOVE at the end? THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT (so, at least, four times)! whoever came up with that idea, HE SHALL BURN! HE SHALL STEP INTO A PUDDLE AFTER HE JUST PUT ON NICE, DRY SOCKS! HE SHALL NEVER FIND THE PERFECT TEMPERATURE IN THE SHOWER! MAY HIS FAVOURITE ONLINEGAME DIE AND HIS FAVOURITE SINGLEPLAYER-GAME ALWAYS CRASH WHEN HE HASN'T SAVED FOR SIX HOURS!

tumblr_mvx5jiPM6B1sle2hmo1_r2_250.gif

ok I'm done now.

"We will stand for Everfree". even though Glorious (or gloria or whatever her name was) was a pretty boring villain with, once again, apparently no brain (if you have these crazy powers, why not just kill Filthy Rich or at least imprison him? it's not like his money or his status could save him), the song was very enjoyable although it also felt like it should've been more of an orchestra.

the hint to the next movie, showing us that the portal is "leaking" (pleaseletDiscordbeapartofthis,pleaseletDiscordbeapartofthis,pleaseletDiscord...). I can't wait to find out more about the magical rules in the EQG-world! although...who wants to bet with me that they'll have to give up their powers at the end to save the world from destruction?

the post-credit scene. if you give Pinkie the power to blow things up, what do you expect? that was freaking awesome!

• Brohoof 2

Sunset and the other Mane Five going into Sci-Twi's mind, assuring her that she has control over Midnight Sparkle, not the other way around. It reminds me of the climax scene in Xmen Apocalypse.

That, and the post-credit scene.

Yeah, the chanting from the Mane Five was just adorable.

In the book she just says, "I guess this is why you're always so happy." I guess the book is based on the original script, and Sunset's line in the movie was the result of an ad lib by Rebecca Shoichet. The same kind of thing happened in the RR book, where Rarity's line "We've forgiven you for your past...ahem...boo-boos," was just "We've forgiven you for your past transgressions."

Could be, I guess. Though the book's lines actually sound better written than the movie's surprisingly.

favourite moments:

"The Midnight in me". while I felt that is was too short and could've been more loud and dramatic, it played out pretty well.

Bulk Biceps being put into the stitching-group (or whatever girly kind of thing it was, I liked it)

Filthy Rich. I think he just had a great character-design. he looked like they didn't just took the pony-version and slammed it into a human form, they really put a little effort into it. while he only played a insignificant role in this movie, I found him to be pretty enjoyable.

Sunset looking into Pinkies' mind. it's not easy to make things appear to be completely random, they probably thought about what to show us for ages.

The romance. the scenes with Twilight and Timber just worked SO much better than the Twiflash-scenes. it didn't feel forced, and there's actual chemistry between the two characters. also, they didn't leave Flash behind and forgot about him! while I would've been completely fine with this, it's nice of them to throw some SunFlash-moments in there. neat. very neat.

But: WHY WOULD YOU RUIN THAT KISSING-SCENE AT THE END?

sig-4685731.tumblr_mlkohxbfnk1s3hm0qo2_2

you have all that awesome and adorable build-up which I ACTUALLY LIKED this time, you focus so much on this story, YOU EVEN THINK OF FLASH SENTRY, THE MOST HATED TV-CHARACTER TO DATE, and yet, you pull of that f*cking ANIME-MOVE at the end? THIS HAS HAPPENED MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT (so, at least, four times)! whoever came up with that idea, HE SHALL BURN! HE SHALL STEP INTO A PUDDLE AFTER HE JUST PUT ON NICE, DRY SOCKS! HE SHALL NEVER FIND THE PERFECT TEMPERATURE IN THE SHOWER! MAY HIS FAVOURITE ONLINEGAME DIE AND HIS FAVOURITE SINGLEPLAYER-GAME ALWAYS CRASH WHEN HE HASN'T SAVED FOR SIX HOURS!

sig-4685731.tumblr_mvx5jiPM6B1sle2hmo1_r

ok I'm done now.

"We will stand for Everfree". even though Glorious (or gloria or whatever her name was) was a pretty boring villain with, once again, apparently no brain (if you have these crazy powers, why not just kill Filthy Rich or at least imprison him? it's not like his money or his status could save him), the song was very enjoyable although it also felt like it should've been more of an orchestra.

the hint to the next movie, showing us that the portal is "leaking" (pleaseletDiscordbeapartofthis,pleaseletDiscordbeapartofthis,pleaseletDiscord...). I can't wait to find out more about the magical rules in the EQG-world! although...who wants to bet with me that they'll have to give up their powers at the end to save the world from destruction?

the post-credit scene. if you give Pinkie the power to blow things up, what do you expect? that was freaking awesome!

The best things in life are short, I felt like The Midnight In Me was a decent length, though compared to the other songs I can see where your disappointment comes from.

Eh, I wasn't a fan of Filthy Rich, he felt a little forced in and they could have used any old human and It'd be fine, though I guess I can appreciate that they're linking up to MLP more.

Yeah, the Pinkie's mind scene was pretty unforgettable.

The romance here is definitely romance done best in EG as a whole. I'm one of those people who think the hate for Flash Sentry is unjustified, but his relationship with P Twilight felt a little forced, that doesn't mean he's a bad character, and I'm glad they didn't forget about him. The writing for the romance between both him and Sunset, and Twi and Timber is written carefully.

You expected them to finish the kiss? Well, this is still a kids movie, so...

Gloriosa I feel wasn't really a villain, but rather just an innocent person corrupted by magic, and I'm really interested in that dynamic, it links really well with Twilight's inner battle against Midnight Sparkle. Gloriosa as a character though, is a different can of worms, and not one I wanna open right now.

Now that I think about it, maybe the next movie will have the Humane 7 give up those shiny things on their necks like what happened with the Harmony Tree and the Elements Of Harmony in the Mane 6's case. I'd like to see Discord too, but I won't hold my breath, It's been 4 movies, It's not gonna happen.

BOOM, goes the dockamite!

• Brohoof 1

(if you have these crazy powers, why not just kill Filthy Rich or at least imprison him? it's not like his money or his status could save him),

IMO, simply mind-magicking him into moving on to something else would be the most sensible.

• Brohoof 1

Could be, I guess. Though the book's lines actually sound better written than the movie's surprisingly.

The RR line was ad-libbed by Tabitha St Germain, so on the whole the lines will probably be better written in the books. I personally like the movie versions better, though.

• Brohoof 1

You expected them to finish the kiss? Well, this is still a kids movie, so...

I'd like to see Discord too, but I won't hold my breath, It's been 4 movies, It's not gonna happen.

BOOM, goes the dockamite!

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG! LET ME HAVE THESE DREAMS!

yeah, second one is actually a valid point. Discord is just not made to fit into the eqg-world, they couldn't put him to good use there. BUT: yeah, I expected them to finish the kiss. I wasn't watching an anime whose whole purpose is to frustrate me to the core! I usually don't hold grudges against fictional characters (heck, I'm a huge fan of Ramsay Bolton!) but buzzkill-Gloriosa got me like:

t7ci9abr.jpg

I guess you're right and they won't show any kissing in the show, not even the famous "romantic first kiss". but that does not detract my immense wrath!

• Brohoof 1

IMO, simply mind-magicking him into moving on to something else would be the most sensible.

Because there needed to be a plot. Or, in the shorter term, because movie XD

The RR line was ad-libbed by Tabitha St Germain, so on the whole the lines will probably be better written in the books. I personally like the movie versions better, though.

Well, true, I guess they do keep to the spirit of the show more.

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG! LET ME HAVE THESE DREAMS!

yeah, second one is actually a valid point. Discord is just not made to fit into the eqg-world, they couldn't put him to good use there. BUT: yeah, I expected them to finish the kiss. I wasn't watching an anime whose whole purpose is to frustrate me to the core! I usually don't hold grudges against fictional characters (heck, I'm a huge fan of Ramsay Bolton!) but buzzkill-Gloriosa got me like:

sig-4686025.t7ci9abr.jpg

I guess you're right and they won't show any kissing in the show, not even the famous "romantic first kiss". but that does not detract my immense wrath!

To be honest I've seen kisses happen in anime a lot more than cartoons. Though I do wanna say It's not like they've never done kissing in cartoons before, but that's usually in the cartoons for teenagers sort of toons. I can live without them finishing the kiss, but it did kind of kill the mood a little.

I've enjoyed Sci-Twi's cute moments, especially with Timber Spruce. Seriously, her new look is MUCH better than her Crystal Prep outfit.

Yeah, I think that was intentional, what with Crystal Prep being a pretty bad school and all.

My favorite part was Sci-Twi  overcoming her fear of Midnight Sparkle with the help of her friends.

Twilight and Midnight, yin and yang, when one overcomes the other, the world is saved!

• Brohoof 3

The opening title song. It was fresh and had a nice beat to it. Lyrics rhymed just fine (or at least had some kind of flow) and it really brought a breath of fresh air to an unfortunately horrendous movie.  :please:

(I wasn't too fond of it after the second time watching. Music was good though.)

• Brohoof 1

Every moment with magic-crazed Gloriosa (Has anyone made a villain name for her or are we just using "Gaia Everfree" or "Gloriosa"?). She was actually one of the best villains in the show. She wasn't just fighting for more power. She was a good person, but magic twisted her mind and goals.

You know what would be my favourite part if it happened? Twilight, instead of just destroying her "Midnight Sparkle" part, accepting that Midnight will indeed always be a part if her, but also that this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, coming to an agreement with her "evil" part. And then she turns back into Midnight Sparkle.

"Twilight? What do you think you're doing!"

"Twilight? I am... Midnight Sparkle! And I'm just saving Twilight from you. Believe me, I will not hold back on you like the others!"

And then she blasts Gloriosa into the ground. I'll be honest, I've always wanted Midnight to be this sort of another being made of Twilight's desires to use magic that is only loyal to Twilight and far more needlessly destructive. Also, there would be hilarious dialogue oppurtunities for Midnight and Twilight arguing inside Twilight's mind. Also make it so Sunset can hear them as well and sometimes responds to Midnight, forgetting the others can't hear Midnight.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure which parts of Legend of Everfree I enjoyed as it was a very good movie since we got to go to a different location outside of Canterlot High School, the girls wore different outfits from their normal school clothes, they got their own versions of the Elements of Harmony necklaces from the geodes infused with Equestrian magic, new powers and abilities, and more!

I really loved the songs, the Crystal Ball dresses, Twilight being haunted by her dark side from the Friendship Games until she was able to overpower it with the support of Sunset and the rest of the Rainbooms, then taking Princess Twilight's place as lead singer for the Rainbooms, and even Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were seen having changed back into their normal outfits from CHS for the Crystal Ball as chaperones.

Not to mention the cliffhanger for a fifth Equestria Girls movie with the portal to Equestria leaking out magic without the horse statue there to seal it, and the post-credits scene of Pinkie accidentally wrecking the boat dock/fashion show runway again was amusing since the looks on the Rainbooms' faces was priceless, especially Rarity when she fainted from the shock of it being ruined again.

• Brohoof 1

The opening title song. It was fresh and had a nice beat to it. Lyrics rhymed just fine (or at least had some kind of flow) and it really brought a breath of fresh air to an unfortunately horrendous movie.  :please:

(I wasn't too fond of it after the second time watching. Music was good though.)

Well, the opening is honestly my least favourite EG opening song, but that doesn't mean I think It's bad, I still found it enjoyable too.

Well, the opening is honestly my least favourite EG opening song, but that doesn't mean I think It's bad, I still found it enjoyable too.

Yeah, I mean. It's not my favorite opening (that spot goes to Rainbow Rocks), but it's certainly something different from the other movies. The others kind of had that generic "girl movie pop" feel to it that I wasn't exactly too fond of, but they got stuck in my head anyway. LOE was just a nice change in the formula. 

• Brohoof 1

Every moment with magic-crazed Gloriosa (Has anyone made a villain name for her or are we just using "Gaia Everfree" or "Gloriosa"?). She was actually one of the best villains in the show. She wasn't just fighting for more power. She was a good person, but magic twisted her mind and goals.

You know what would be my favourite part if it happened? Twilight, instead of just destroying her "Midnight Sparkle" part, accepting that Midnight will indeed always be a part if her, but also that this doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, coming to an agreement with her "evil" part. And then she turns back into Midnight Sparkle.

"Twilight? What do you think you're doing!"

"Twilight? I am... Midnight Sparkle! And I'm just saving Twilight from you. Believe me, I will not hold back on you like the others!"

And then she blasts Gloriosa into the ground. I'll be honest, I've always wanted Midnight to be this sort of another being made of Twilight's desires to use magic that is only loyal to Twilight and far more needlessly destructive. Also, there would be hilarious dialogue oppurtunities for Midnight and Twilight arguing inside Twilight's mind. Also make it so Sunset can hear them as well and sometimes responds to Midnight, forgetting the others can't hear Midnight.

Since she was never given a villain name, I think people just call her Gloriosa. I love good people corrupted by magic, It's a cool concept to me, and it sort of echoes what happened with Twilight in Friendship Games a little bit, which I think makes it right for Twilight to be the one to defeat her, though with her friends help of course.

I was thinking something similar to this, where Twilight and Midnight do a temporary team up to stop Gloriosa, though I guess Midnight would need motivation which requires changing things in the plot, since I never see them fully being friends.

That whole idea you put at the end there sounds great!

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's singing was beautiful in that part.

Yeah, the transformation scene for Gloriosa was amazing. And yes, Fluttershy's cuteness levels are over 9000!

I think I can agree with you on Legend You Were Meant To Be, though my second favourite has to be The Midnight In Me. Just like I hoped they had a brilliant dynamic going on with Twilight and Midnight Sparkle, I don't think it could have been done any better. As for Sunset Shimmer, her supportive nature in this movie really shows her development since the first one. Of course all of the magical powers stuff made for some good comedy too, if not a little cheesy, but I've come to expect that from MLP now.

OK, sorry about that, gulp.

That's also something I thought maybe they'd try, but sadly not. I'm not complaining, I loved the Midnght and Twilight interaction that was there, but I think it would have been even better if they had some sort of battle conflict with each other, or maybe they could have temporarily set aside their differences to contain Gloriosa. However, I'm happy with the way the movie turned out in the end. As for Equestria, I'd rather we keep Midnight to the EG universe, no special reason, I just think we should let the movies and shows do their own thing.

Yeah, It's nice to see him finally starting to get over P Twilight and realising he'll never see her again. It reminds me of Tanks For The Memories a little bit actually.

No matter how used I am to her personality, Pinkie Pie always manages to surprise me again at some point, It's great.

is it confirmed that he'll never see princess twilight though? I haven't een all the movies (Don't care about spoilers) but imagine if twilight goes to see flash and he just..doesnt care? that shit would break he tiny little neighneigh heart :C

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure which parts of Legend of Everfree I enjoyed as it was a very good movie since we got to go to a different location outside of Canterlot High School, the girls wore different outfits from their normal school clothes, they got their own versions of the Elements of Harmony necklaces from the geodes infused with Equestrian magic, new powers and abilities, and more!

I really loved the songs, the Crystal Ball dresses, Twilight being haunted by her dark side from the Friendship Games until she was able to overpower it with the support of Sunset and the rest of the Rainbooms, then taking Princess Twilight's place as lead singer for the Rainbooms, and even Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were seen having changed back into their normal outfits from CHS for the Crystal Ball as chaperones.

Not to mention the cliffhanger for a fifth Equestria Girls movie with the portal to Equestria leaking out magic without the horse statue there to seal it, and the post-credits scene of Pinkie accidentally wrecking the boat dock/fashion show runway again was amusing since the looks on the Rainbooms' faces was priceless, especially Rarity when she fainted from the shock of it being ruined again.

Yeah, I guess you could call Legend Of Everfree a breath of fresh air after every other movie having a school setting, same outfits etc. It feels truly different, but still keeps the same good things about the other movies at It's core.

Small details like that can really enhance the movie. The music was great, not gonna argue with you there, and everything else is a nice touch.

I sort of thought of that cliffhanger as a teaser for the Season 6 finale, but hey, interpret it as you want. And yes, every time the dock blows up, It's priceless.

is it confirmed that he'll never see princess twilight though? I haven't een all the movies (Don't care about spoilers) but imagine if twilight goes to see flash and he just..doesnt care? that shit would break he tiny little neighneigh heart :C

Eh, not exactly confirmed, Sunset just subtly implies that with Twilight being a pony princess and all that, she won't ever be not busy enough to come back to CHS.

Yeah, I guess you could call Legend Of Everfree a breath of fresh air after every other movie having a school setting, same outfits etc. It feels truly different, but still keeps the same good things about the other movies at It's core.

Small details like that can really enhance the movie. The music was great, not gonna argue with you there, and everything else is a nice touch.

I sort of thought of that cliffhanger as a teaser for the Season 6 finale, but hey, interpret it as you want. And yes, every time the dock blows up, It's priceless.

Eh, not exactly confirmed, Sunset just subtly implies that with Twilight being a pony princess and all that, she won't ever be not busy enough to come back to CHS.

still, it would be kinda depressing tho xD but i couldn't care less. if i'm honest i dislike romance in all eqg movies, i watch MLP for friendship, not Twilight love (Because..why is she the one to get shipped with BOTH males? i mean..flash and sunset is hinted at, but..god i hate that to xD)  

• Brohoof 1