Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What Was Your Favourite Part Of Legend Of Everfree?

OmegaBeamOfficial

(edited)

I also liked that Filthy, despite being more smug than his Pony self, never actually did anything corrupt -- and, in fact, was pretty reasonable, if you think about it.

Taking away a camp that served as a place where GENERATIONS of people made memories and replacing it with a spa, which could literally be built anywhere else, doesn't sound reasonable to me.

still, it would be kinda depressing tho xD but i couldn't care less. if i'm honest i dislike romance in all eqg movies, i watch MLP for friendship, not Twilight love (Because..why is she the one to get shipped with BOTH males? i mean..flash and sunset is hinted at, but..god i hate that to xD)  

I actually think Flash and Sunset work a little better than Twilight and Flash, but that's just me.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

Taking away a camp that served as a place where GENERATIONS of people made memories and replacing it with a spa, which could literally be built anywhere else, doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I actually think Flash and Sunset work a little better than Twilight and Flash, but that's just me.

i don't mind if they work or not, i just..simply don't like it. a lot of people have acused me of "you just wanna ship your oc with ____" but..its never that. its just i simply dislike a romantic relationship in equestria girls because....i just dislike them, they're not fun to watch IMO. >W< the only relationship i actually believe is mister and misses cake. but..thats about it.

• Brohoof 1

i don't mind if they work or not, i just..simply don't like it. a lot of people have acused me of "you just wanna ship your oc with ____" but..its never that. its just i simply dislike a romantic relationship in equestria girls because....i just dislike them, they're not fun to watch IMO. >W< the only relationship i actually believe is mister and misses cake. but..thats about it.

Makes sense, I don't mind if the romance doesn't go anywhere either, but I don't have any hatred for it.

Makes sense, I don't mind if the romance doesn't go anywhere either, but I don't have any hatred for it.

and i respect people who like it. though i will admit a lot of Flash/twilight fans have jumped on me for not liking a character. in my opinion twilights character kinda dropped with the EQG2 "Fangirl moment" she had xD

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking something similar to this, where Twilight and Midnight do a temporary team up to stop Gloriosa, though I guess Midnight would need motivation which requires changing things in the plot, since I never see them fully being friends.

Midnight is, at her core, Twilight. And she can't exist without Twilight, either. I'd think that's motivation enough to save Twilight from Gloriosa. Also, since Midnight is a part of Twilight's mind, I have a feeling Twilight could reason with her. After all, Midnight Sparkle isn't exactly out for world domination, her motivations are to understand magic, something that Twilight was also interested in before being scared out of it because of Midnight in the first place. Midnight could've been like Twilight's personal Discord that nobody else could see, not really on the side of good, but will help Twilight specifically (Kind of like for half of his reformation, and arguably still to a really small extent, Discord was only being 'nice' to the others because of Fluttershy).

• Brohoof 2

The only part of the movie I enjoyed was "We Will Stand For Everfree"

And Bulk Bicep's Techno Viking Dance

Other then that, it was extremely lackluster in terms of story, writing and animation

to be fair, i honestly feel like for eqg they just poked one of the writers and went "movie time! go away for a bit while we write the my little pony movie about ponies. baibai~"

• Brohoof 1

Midnight is, at her core, Twilight. And she can't exist without Twilight, either. I'd think that's motivation enough to save Twilight from Gloriosa. Also, since Midnight is a part of Twilight's mind, I have a feeling Twilight could reason with her. After all, Midnight Sparkle isn't exactly out for world domination, her motivations are to understand magic, something that Twilight was also interested in before being scared out of it because of Midnight in the first place. Midnight could've been like Twilight's personal Discord that nobody else could see, not really on the side of good, but will help Twilight specifically (Kind of like for half of his reformation, and arguably still to a really small extent, Discord was only being 'nice' to the others because of Fluttershy).

That's an interesting and enlightening theory. Now that I think about it, Midnight's not exactly fully cruel hearted, she's just a person with respectable wishes but her methods of trying to understand magic are rather extreme.

The only part of the movie I enjoyed was "We Will Stand For Everfree"

And Bulk Bicep's Techno Viking Dance

Other then that, it was extremely lackluster in terms of story, writing and animation

Well, that's fine by me. I understand that to more critical viewers, EG can come off as a lackluster movie series, and that's fine. It's actually kind of refreshing to see something more negative in this thread surprisingly. I guess you and me are two completely different people, I put having a good time watching the movie first, and analysing it to give a score later. I haven't come up with a score for LOE yet, but I hope to in the future. All things said however, as much as I like the movies, I still think the show itself is better.

• Brohoof 1

That's an interesting and enlightening theory. Now that I think about it, Midnight's not exactly fully cruel hearted, she's just a person with respectable wishes but her methods of trying to understand magic are rather extreme.

I was going to respond to you, but then I realised that:

1. I wrote something WAY too long,

2. I completely derailed off of what I was talking about.

I think what I was writing about is better fit into a theory thread of it's own, once I write a little more and clean it up. But I will just say this... You notice interesting differences and similiarities when you compare human villains before and after magic powers to the show's regular villains with powerful magic...

• Brohoof 1

My favorite part of Legend of Everfree would have to be:

- Sunset going inside Pinkie's mind and seeing how her mind works.

- Twilight conquering her fear of Midnight Sparkle with the help of her friends

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I guess you could call Legend Of Everfree a breath of fresh air after every other movie having a school setting, same outfits etc. It feels truly different, but still keeps the same good things about the other movies at It's core.

Small details like that can really enhance the movie. The music was great, not gonna argue with you there, and everything else is a nice touch.

I sort of thought of that cliffhanger as a teaser for the Season 6 finale, but hey, interpret it as you want. And yes, every time the dock blows up, It's priceless.

Eh, not exactly confirmed, Sunset just subtly implies that with Twilight being a pony princess and all that, she won't ever be not busy enough to come back to CHS.

Still, even if we don't see Princess Twilight in future Equestria Girls movies, she's left enough of an impression on Sunset for her to carry on what Twilight taught her with whatever the Rainbooms face in the future.

• Brohoof 2

Midnight Sparkle felt criminally underused

Would've liked to see her slap Gloriosa around a bit before taking her magic and going bonkers

Then the Humane 5 & Sunset use the Elements of Harmony on her

Oh well, that's what fanfiction is for

• Brohoof 2

Oh, and how could I forget that one scene where Sunset gets to see inside of Pinkie's memories. Psychodelic has got nothing on that. :blink: 

• Brohoof 4

My favorite part of Legend of Everfree would have to be:

- Sunset going inside Pinkie's mind and seeing how her mind works.

- Twilight conquering her fear of Midnight Sparkle with the help of her friends

Sunset must follow the way of the Pinkie... (Ominous music plays)

Oh, another thing I liked was the Camp Everfree setting as I thought it was a nice change of scenery.

Yeah, I feel ya. Even with the slight differences between movies, featuring everything in a school was getting repetitive.

Still, even if we don't see Princess Twilight in future Equestria Girls movies, she's left enough of an impression on Sunset for her to carry on what Twilight taught her with whatever the Rainbooms face in the future.

Yeah, it seems that the kawaii book horse spreads love and magic wherever she goes XD

My two favourite parts--couldn't decide between them--are Sunset's solo song and the scene right after the credits.

Yeah, we barely get to hear Sunset singing on her own, so that's great.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I feel ya. Even with the slight differences between movies, featuring everything in a school was getting repetitive.

"Repetitive" that's the word I was looking for! Thanks, Haha. 

• Brohoof 1

Midnight Sparkle felt criminally underused

Would've liked to see her slap Gloriosa around a bit before taking her magic and going bonkers

Then the Humane 5 & Sunset use the Elements of Harmony on her

Oh well, that's what fanfiction is for

That would've been funny to see, I guess. But I wouldn't rely on fanfiction for that... Not that all fanfiction is bad mind you.

Shipping..... SO. MUCH. SHIPPING. FUEL.

sig-4687430.1257895__safe_twilight%20spa

sig-4687430.1257901__safe_twilight%20spa

sig-4687430.1257573__safe_rarity_appleja

My Little Pony: FriendSHIPPING Is Magic

Oh, and how could I forget that one scene where Sunset gets to see inside of Pinkie's memories. Psychodelic has got nothing on that. :blink:

Forget Inception, this is the real mind screw.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, we barely get to hear Sunset singing on her own, so that's great.

Embrace the Magic was her first full solo song in the movies--My Past is Not Today was an animated short so it technically doesn't count--and it took four movies for that to happen. :o 

Forget Inception, this is the real mind screw.

And Sunset has probably been slightly scarred by seeing what was in Pinkie's mind. It also reminds us that her--Pinkie--mind can be a very scary place.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Embrace the Magic was her first full solo song in the movies--My Past is Not Today was an animated short so it technically doesn't count--and it took four movies for that to happen. :o

And Sunset has probably been slightly scarred by seeing what was in Pinkie's mind. It also reminds us that her--Pinkie--mind can be a very scary place.

I still count My Past Is Not Today, as long as It's related to the EG universe, I consider it canon.

That just gave me an image of Sunset rocking back and forth in a mental asylum....

I cannot decide between Sunset going into Pinkie's head, or Derpy speaking again... BOTH WERE GREAT!!!!!!  :D

(still hated the movie though)

Well, that's cool, It's kind of funny how you say you hate the movies but you have a fan art of a human Applejack as your profile picture. But hey, I'm not here to judge, though I would wonder what's so bad about it...

I found the scene where Rainbow Dash finds that her speed power is working and that she traveled all the way back to town and got lost. XD

Rainbow Dash? Getting lost? Looks like she's lost her 20% cooler status! Nah, she'll always be 20% cooler.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

I still count My Past Is Not Today, as long as It's related to the EG universe, I consider it canon.

That just gave me an image of Sunset rocking back and forth in a mental asylum....

When you put it that way, I can't help but agree with your analysis. What Sunset--and everyone else--saw in Pinkie's memories will be pure nightmare fuel for weeks to come. I'm surprised no one has attempted to draw some fanart of what was there.

• Brohoof 1

When you put it that way, I can't help but agree with your analysis. What Sunset--and everyone else--saw in Pinkie's memories will be pure nightmare fuel for weeks to come. I'm surprised no one has attempted to draw some fanart of what was there.

Someone probably has. Though, mind you, I doubt Pinkie will have anything too disturbing in there, It's not like cupcakes is canon or anything...