Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could Midnight Sparkle turn into another Discord?

cider float

Midnight Sparkle is insanely powerful. She can create a portal crossing over from dimensions much like Discord can. So I wonder if Twilight actually had the potential to become as powerful as Discord at least as Midnight Sparkle. Or perhaps the magic pony Twilight had brought into the EQG world multiplied somewhat and now glasses Sparkle now holds that multiplied increased power?

I suppose Midnight Sparkle could reach power levels that are almost equal to those the EoH provide. In the end she possesses the corrupted form of the Mane 6. However due to her corrupted she will always lose to the real Mane 6 (or 7). She could pose a real thread to both dimensions, but she won't win. Also I'm not sure whether she really can create a portal. She used the portal of the Canterlot statue to tear the world apart from there, so I think she only spread the portal instead of actually creating her own portal.

I don't think she can be as powerful as Discord. Her ability to open portals came only from the fact that she stole the portal's magic, and Sunset's, in one go. I think Discord is far more powerful than she is, just like he's more powerful than pony Twilight.

Discord would be the more powerful of the two as he is able to bend reality to his will, and he's had centuries of experience despite being a stone statue for much of it. While Midnight Sparkle has the ability to open gaps between dimensions, this was due to absorbing the portal.

Edited by Ganondorf8

Well with how she was using her magical abilities to tear holes in reality, Midnight Sparkle was pretty powerful.

Maybe not as powerful as Discord is, but given their differences in emotional maturity and mentalities, I would say that she would be more likely to use her powers to their full potential than Discord was.