Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Two Scales One Family (Story with Mesme Rize and Spike)

Mesme Rize

Spike was all alone now. All alone in the middle of the night, as he wandered out of the city of ponyville, from the crystal castle that he called his home with his friend Twilight Sparkle.
And he was happy that way. Spike was pretty angry about the situation in the castle that he was in. Him and Twilight got into a big fight today, about certain chores he had to do in the castle today. Certain books weren't ordered correctly, the table wasn't cleaned correctly, He forgot certain things while getting groceries, etc.

He said to Twilight that he had enough of being treated like a slave around the house without getting a bit of gratitude for it and that he feels like Twilight never actually cared for him. Without even letting her talk, he stormed out of the castle and left.

He didn't knew where to go. Just not in his old home where Twilight was. He actually didn't realized that he was walking towards the Everfree Forest, without actually looking ahead of where he was looking.

Spike sighed "...Where To now?...I Can't go to the others, they will just bring me back to Twilight." He said, a bit of disdain in his voice. But he also sounded like he was a bit guilty himself of what he did.

Did he act too quickly? Did he act too immature? Indeed he was still kinda childish with some of the decisions he made. Spike shook his head and got angry again. "Who needs her?" Spike just walked further, looking if he find someplace to sleep.

What Spike didn't knew though, was that in one of the Trees high above the Everfree Forest, a very unique creature was looking down upon the movements the little dragon was making. He was unique in the sense, that he was so different to everything else in the forest.

He was atleast 30 feet long, had scales and coils that reminded of a Snake, which where brown and had black spots all over it. His upperbody looked like that of a Pony though, with brown Fur, hoofs, a yellow mane and Green eyes. Yet, he had a forked tongue like a snake.

Mesme Rize usually liked to stay up most of the night, because he was a sleeper for most of the day, where he could enjoy the warmness of the sun. But what he saw on the ground below, was more interesting then anything he has seen recently.

"SSSSSSSSSSSSay...That isssssssssss certainly not a ssssssssight my eyessssssss make everyday." Mesme hissed curiously, as he looked at the little dragon walking slowly through the forest. He saw all sort of things in the forest, Manticore, Hydras, timberwolves, but not Dragons.

Mesme really had to get a closer look at the little dragon that was walking around his part of the forest.

Spike meanwhile, was now wondering if coming in this Forest was such a good idea, especially at night. This place was home to all sorts of creatures.

*CRACK* "HUH?" He looked around with a lound gasp. A Timberwolve? But he quickly realized that he was stepping over a little twig that was laying on the ground. Spikes Dragonheart was pounding hard and he sat down. "Okay Spike...you Can do this...you're a big dragon." Spike tried to give himself courage, eventhough it was hard as he was panting.

He didn't realize though, that from out of the leaves, a long brown and black spotted snaketail was coming carefully down. The tail of course belonging to Mesme Rize.

While Spike calmed down little by little, he didn't notice that the Snaketail, was coiling around his little waist. "Huh?" Before Spike could even react and flee he was getting carefully, but quickly, pulled into a high tree.

Spike was being sat onto a big tree branch, where he was looking nervously who was there. But he couldn't see anybody because of the darkness. "W-W-Who is there?" Spike carefully called out to whoever brought him here.

Out of the darkness, Mesme was carefully showing his whole body to the nervous little dragon. Mesme was trying to make the most friendly face towards Spike, just to make him feel more safe. "Hello there little baby dragon. What are you doing here sssssssso late in the foresssssssst?" Mesme said carefully.

Spike couldn't believe what was standing, or more slithering, right before him. It was something like a cross between a snake and a pony and it could talk. He always thought these creatures only existed in Twilights nerdy fantasy books. Spike Panicked. "HEEEEE-"

Before Spike could call out Mesme covered Spikes mouth with his coils. Mesme got closer to him. "SSSSSSSSSshh, quiet little dragon. I am your friend and I will not hurt you. If you ssssssscream, the creaturesssssss of thissssss Foresssssst wake up and they will get you." Mesme explained to him. "I will let you go now, okay?"

At first, Spike tried to still call out, but Mesmes coils where very thick. He listened to what the Snakepony was telling him. He wasn't sure if he could trust him, but he had a point. The monsters would get him. He carefully nodded his head and agreed.

Mesme smiled and uncovered his coils from his mouth. "Good little Dragon." That was close, Mesme thought. He could survive in the Forest, but even he was nothing against an army of the creatures in this forest.

Spike was trying to move his mouth. The coils around his mouth felt very strange, a bit like his own scales. Spike was still not sure what to make of this creature, it looked so intimidating. "W-W...What are you?" Spike spoke very carefully, still not sure what his intentions where.

Mesme wasn't surprised that the dragon was still uneasy around him. He just need to get Spikes trust first, else he wouldn't say anything. "Well, little dragon, I am what you would call a Lamiapony. But you can call me a SSSSSSSSnakepony." Mesme giggled. He reached his tail out. "You can call me Messssssssme Rize."

Spike saw how the Snakepony was shifting his elastic coils around and pointed his snaketail at him. It was fascinating, but also scary at the same time. Spike knew that Mesme could crush him very easily. Spike just looked at the Snaketail, not really sure what to make of it.

Mesme raised his eyebrow. "What'sssssss wrong? Don't know how to do a Handsssssshake?" Mesme giggled, pretty much telling Spike what he was supposed to do with the tail. "You can grab it if you want. It won't bite, I promisssssssse." Mesme said jokingly.

Spike himself was also raising his eyebrow himself. He was still unsure, but something about that Snakepony told him that he was not malicious or anything. He didn't knew if it was his own curiosity, the way Mesme laughed or something else. He carefully took the tail in his claws and slowly shook it. "H-Hello Mesme Rize...I-I am Spike." Spike smiled nervously.

Mesme smiled happily at his little guest. Spike seemed to slowly warm up to Mesme as he was getting less nervous. "Pleassssssssure to meet you SSSSSSSSpike." Mesme said happily. "I never sssssssaw a baby dragon like you sssssso closssssssse before." Mesme looked Spike over.

Spike was blushing a bit, as Mesme was looking at him like that. "Th-Thanks?" Spike saw Mesmes yellow mane and big green eyes very upclose.

"Oh, sssssssorry." Mesme distanced himself from the little dragon. "I hope I wasssssssn't too upclosssssse to you." Mesme apologized to Spike. He sometimes had certain problems when it comes to the privacy of others.

Spike was kinda glad that he wasn't so upfront, but atleast he was nice enough to apologize. "Oh, don't worry...i Didn't mind it that much." Spike was his usual tough act. He sometimes does this when he is unsure and/or nervous. Still, Mesme Rize didn't seemed dangerous for him.

Mesme knew that Spike was bluffing, but it was still cute looking, with him doing the tough act. Mesme has a good eye with looking how others act. "Well, if you ssssssssssay ssssssso." Mesme giggled. But there was still a question that was going through his mind. "SSSSSSSSSo tell me, little SSSSSSpike. What are you doing here, all alone?"

When Spike was hearing Mesmes Question, he finally remembered again, why he was actually this far outside the forest again. Twilight was treating him badly. Spike wasn't really in a talking mood right now, so he just came up with a lie. "Well...i-i Just felt like doing a little...late Night walk." Spike came up with that quick lie.

Mesme could see that he was lieing and he was lieing like a little colt that just ate all of the cookies in the cookie jar secretly. Mesme questioned him. "SSSSSSSSSpike, you know you sssssssshould never lie to grown upsssssss."

Spike blushed. He knew that he was caught, but it was also a bit strange to be patronized by this snakepony. He really didn't wanted to lose his face now. "B-But it's the truth...I-I Was walking here, b-because the Forest looked so interesting."

"SSSSSSSpike, no one walksssssssss jusssssssst into the Foresssssssst." Mesme explained, not believing him one bit. He kinda wondered if there was a reason why he was lying to him. Was he supposed to keep a secret or something?

Spike was now out of options to say anything that would save his face. He was now thinking to himself. Why does he care anyway? He dosen't know this creature, and he dosen't know him. Spike turned himself away from Mesme like a defiant colt. He didn't felt like answering Mesme.

Mesme was wondering more and more what Spikes deal was. Suddenly, he was turning away from the snakepony, not answering to him in any way. Mesme came close to his face again. "SSSSSSSSSpike, what isssssss wrong?" Mesme said in a concerned tone.

"GO AWAY." Without warning, Spike shoved Mesme away with his claws, getting irritated by the giant Snakepony. "Why would you care anyway? You don't know me." Spike was enraged. He wanted to go away, but he couldn't since the tree was very high.

Mesme got shoved away, his eyes where large and wide a bit in shock. He heard the dragon say that he didn't know him and that it wasn't his business. "Well, maybe ssssssso..." Mesme sometimes had a habit to care too much sometimes. "But I know that I can't let you go through the foresssssssst all alone..." Mesme tried again to come a bit closer. "And maybe, I can learn to know you too."

Spike was not sure what to say. He suddenly remembered what Twilight once said to him: "A stranger is sometimes a friend, that you just haven't met yet." He dosen't know if that was true and also, the anger grew in him again. "Stupid Twilight...why Is she treating me like this?"

Mesmes eyebrows rose again. So it seems like he actually did had a problem with someone and that someone was called Twilight. "Who issssssss Twilight SSSSSSSpike?" Mesme asked further.

Spike was trying not to cry in front of Mesme Rize. But it was really hard for him. "S-She raised me up and l-lives with me...b-but She just treats me like a S-Slave who wants to do her w-work...i-i am better without her." Some tears where running down. He dosen't know why though, as he hated Twilight...did He?

Mesme was sad when he heard what Spike said. He had a fallout with a very close friend it seems. Things like this happen all the time, but Mesme was sure, that Spike was a bit overexaggerating. "Awwwwwww, come on now, SSSSSSSSSpike. SSSSShe ssssssstill lovesssssss you. You don't really mean that."

But the way Spike felt like right now, he didn't wanted to hear any of that. "NO. S-She only never cared f-for me...she Just wants s-someone to take care of h-her work." Spike was still enraged.

Mesme saw that Spike was not in the right mind to be negotiated with. He was like an enraged child, that you couldn't talk to. He had an idea though, how he can reason with Spikes problems. Mesme came close to spike and looked deep into his eyes. "Then let me sssssshow you that you're wrong."

Spikes tears stopped immediately, as he noticed Mesme being close to his face again. What was Mesme doing? He already looked at him enough. "W-What are you doing now?" Spike said confused.

Suddenly, Mesmes eyes start to change. His once green eyes where changing into various colorful hypnotic rings. Mesme had this ability since he was born. "SSSSSSShhh, jusssssst look deep into my eyessssss, little dragon." Mesme said calmly and soothingly to Spike, as he tried to hypnotize him.

Spike saw the colors in Mesmes eyes. He didn't knew what was happening, as he got captivated by them, his mouth open in awe and his eyes reflecting Mesmes. "M-Mesme...what Is...this?" Spike had trouble speaking, as he felt himself getting relaxed.

Mesme smiled, as he continued his hypnotic assault. "I will relax you SSSSSSSpike...jussssst Relax...there are no worriesssssss...you're sssssssssafe with me..." Mesmes voice was helping Spike to be calm. His Coils also started to wrap around the helpless dragon.

Spike couldn't help himself. He kept looking into Mesmes Eyes, listened to his soothing voice, as his eyes where swirling with colors. Spike didn't noticed that he was slowly being wrapped up by the coils, as we was just making a cute little sigh, calmness washing over him.

Mesme giggled. Spike looked very cute and helpless when he was hypnotized. "Yessssssss...good Little dragon...you're sssssssso ssssssssssleepy...your Little eyessssssss are ssssssssso heavy..." Mesme came closer to Spikes face, almost touching his nose. The dragon was already wrapped up, since he was very small.

Spikes mind was almost shut down. He was wrapped up in Mesme coils, as his body was covered by a very big cocoon. His eyes where only half open now, as he still tried to look into Mesmes eyes. "mmmmmmm..." His mouth was closed, turning into a cute smile.

Mesme knew that Spike was almost under. Just a little bit now. "That'ssssss good...clossssssse Your eyesssssssss now...time To sssssssssleep...you Can trusssssssst in me..." Mesme was putting emphasis into the word trust.

Spikes eyes where almost closed. He tried to ignore Mesmes command, but he was just to weak and just begged for the comfort of sleep. "...Trust...you..." Spike said, as he eyes closed now, his head laying on Mesmes coils, as he was sleeping and snoring peacefully.

Mesmes eyes became normal again, knowing that the dragon was fully hypnotized now. Spike looked so peaceful, wrapped up in Mesmes coils. Mesme then whispered. "SSSSSSpike...relax...dream Of your passssst...dream Of the good timessssss that you had with your caretaker...timessssssss You felt ssssssafe and comfortable...with No worriesssssss..." Mesme then let Spike down from his branch a bit, as he rocked him in his coils gently back and forth, like Spike was in a crib.

Spikes subconscious got Mesmes message, as he kept sleeping wrapped in Mesmes coils. Though, suddenly he begun to dream. It wasn't really a dream and more like a series of dreams, about events that happened in the past. Spike couldn't control these dreams, but he certainly could see them.

In one dream, Spike saw himself as a little hatchling, not even a year old. He still couldn't move himself and could not talk properly. He was lying in the arms of a purple pony, who was still a filly and who was currently feeding him with a bottle. It was Twilight who was feeding him.

"Awwwwww, you're very hungry are you?" Twilight giggled happy and filly like, as she kept on feeding him.

Suddenly, the dream was flashing to the next scene, almost 3 years after the last. Spike got a bit bigger and could talk a bit more coherently. He was currently on Twilights back, in her old playing room in Canterlot, riding on her back. "YIPPEE" Spike was happy to ride around the room, with Twilight. She was ridding faster and went up and down.

Then another dream. Barely a year later. He was sitting with her inside her bed during winter, as Twilight was reading a story to him. "Then I´ll huff and I´ll puff and I´ll blow your house in!." As Twilight said that, she was tickling Spikes tummy, which made him laugh.

The last sequence, was not even that long ago. It was actually last month. Spike came down with the flu and had high fever. He was laying in bed, groaning, as Twilight was coming in with a wet cloth. "Oh Spike..." Twilight said concerned, rubbing the cloth on his hothead. "Don't worry. You'll get healthy again."

Spike was coughing out. "Thanks...Twilight." The cloth was feeling incredibly good on his head, as well that Twilight was besides him. "I love you..." Spike said weakly.

Twilight blushed a bit, but she smiled still at the complement. She nuzzled his little face. "I love you too, my little dragon."

For the rest of the night, Spike was sleeping very peacefully in the embrace of Mesme Rize, staying in his hypnotic trance keeping him in this state.

The next morning, Spike was opening his eyes again. They have stopped to swirl now, meaning he was out of the trance. But what was weird, is that he was on the ground now, his body not coiled up anymore. Spike was confused.

"M-Mesme?" Spike talked out confused. What happened? He remembered those colorful eyes and a relaxing sensation...was It just a dream? He wanted to know what he did to him, that he had these visions of him and Twilight wher-

"TWILIGHT." Suddenly he remembered. He ran away from his home and from Twilight. "What have I done?..." The dreams made him remember, that eventhough Twilight wasn't perfect, she was the most the kind pony he had.

Spike was about to stand up and go home. Problem is, where was he supposed to go? He didn't remember how he came into the Forest. What should he do now? He was about to cry, when suddenly...

"SPIIIIIIIIKE?" There was a very loud and concerned voice, very near Spike. Spike knew that voice. He jumped up and looked for the source of the voice. It couldn't be far. He then saw a purple figure with a horn and wings standing about 50 feet away from him. Spikes heart jumped for joy.

"TWILIGHT." He ran towards the purple Pony, tears almost in his eyes.

"SPIKE." Twilight galloped towards her baby dragon. She was in total worry over him the whole night and was searching him everywhere. They where both clashing and Spike was clenching her neck, while she held a hoof around him.

"Oh T-Twilight..." Spike was crying into her shoulder, feeling the regret of the things that he said to her. "I-I am so so-sorry...i Didn't mean the-these things..." Spike was bawling uncontrollably into Twilights Shoulder.

Twilight was crying a bit as well and rubbed his head. "shhh, it's okay. I am also sorry." Twilights voice was very calm. "I shouldn't have been so strict with you." Twilight realized herself, that she could have handled the situation better as well. Right now though, she was so glad to have Spike in her hooves again.

Spike was Hugging Twilight, for what felt like forever. But after awhile, he let go of her neck, his eyes now dry. Suddenly, he remembered something. "But...what About Mesme?" Spike wondered what happened to the snakepony.

Twilight was raising her eyebrows at Spikes question. "Mesme? Spike, who is Mesme?" Twilight wondered what he did in the forest the whole night.

Spike was about to tell Twilight, when he suddenly saw high in the trees Mesmes face pop out of the leafs. Mesme could see that Spike made up with his caretaker, as he hissed happily and winked at Spike.

Spike saw him but Twilight certainly didn't. He thought it would be better, if other ponies maybe didn't know. "Well...just A silly dream I had about Snakepony." Spike blushed. He knew that it wasn't a dream.

Twilight raised her eyebrow but then giggled cutely. "Oh Spike, you have such a wild imagination. Snakeponies don't exist you know?" Twilight thought that they where only in storybooks.

"I know..." Spike really wanted to show Mesme, but Spike knew that Mesme really didn't wanted to be bothered by others that much. He felt his stomach growling now, realizing that it's been a long time since he ate. "Well, but I am kinda hungry." Spike blushed and smile sheepishly.

Twilight smiled and used her magic to lift Spike up. "Well, I guess we give the little dragon some gems to fill his tummy." Twilight giggled, as she started slowly lift off.

"Hehe..." Spike looked around one last time. He couldn't see Mesme anywhere, as he probably hid himself again in the trees, not wanting to be seen. "Take care Mesme..." He whispered to himself quietly, as Twilight disappeared out of the Forest with Spike.

Mesme still could see Spike flying away with Twilight, back to their place. Mesme was feeling very good about himself today, as he helped the little dragon finding his way back home. He will surely never forget this experience and he is sure the dragon won't. He lied himself down on the branch and closed his eyes to sleep.

"It sssssssssure isssssssss good to be helpful."

post-31596-0-66276300-1475446215_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Not bad, not bad. Could use a little polish and it'd be a fully fledged fanfic! A few spots where the grammar went a tad wonky, like where it mentioned the Clashing and I got sort of lost. Could have used a bit more time spent on the argument that caused all this, but knowing Twilight's personality there's no doubt there's endless lists and something your bound to forget when your working for her, heh. Loved the dream montage, can tell a lot of love & effort got put into putting that down to paper.

• Brohoof 1

Not bad, not bad. Could use a little polish and it'd be a fully fledged fanfic! A few spots where the grammar went a tad wonky, like where it mentioned the Clashing and I got sort of lost. Could have used a bit more time spent on the argument that caused all this, but knowing Twilight's personality there's no doubt there's endless lists and something your bound to forget when your working for her, heh. Loved the dream montage, can tell a lot of love & effort got put into putting that down to paper.

Thank you very much for this honest review.

I sadly have not planned for any argument to be in it, so sadly we're just getting the background of it.

And i admit, that my grammar is a bit wonky, considering english is not my first language. But i really did my best to not screw it up.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Mesme Rize

Well now, do have to expect a bit of a lisp with a set of fangs and a tongue like yours,eh?

Know how you feel, got a serpent tongue myself in here somewhere too! Serpentine bros unite!  Brotail!

...I'd brohoof, but I forget which of these appendages works for that.

@Mesme Rize

Well now, do have to expect a bit of a lisp with a set of fangs and a tongue like yours,eh?

Know how you feel, got a serpent tongue myself in here somewhere too! Serpentine bros unite!  Brotail!

...I'd brohoof, but I forget which of these appendages works for that.

There is a button on the right corner below in every post. ;)

Mesme dosen't have fangs. He has normal teeth like every pony. But he has a forked tounge. :P

• 2 weeks later...