Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Friends Forever #32 - Fluttershy and Daring Do

weesh

sig-4685546.jeqamYU.jpg

Yes!
This issue is wonderful!

I like pretty much everything about it!

Story:

So many good moments, from Fluttershy being excited about a calm week, to rainbow throwing Fluttershy under the bus, from the spider allergy, to the honest moment between them, to the actual teamwork, it was just a well paced and gripping plot.  It was also the most "human" that daring do has ever felt to me.  She has real fears to face, and was very kind to Fluttershy, in a way we've not seen many other characters, save Rainbow.  

Theme:

The lesson of what bravery actually is, being scared and taking action anyways, is just a fantastic one.  It's easy to argue that Fluttershy is the bravest ponies in the entire series, because no one is as scared as she is, and yet she often has to be brave.  When Fluttershy descends into the spider pit, she says "I'm not scared", and it probably doesn't send up any red flags at this point because the cultural idea of bravery isn't correct.  its only after reading it a second time that I noticed this line.  Then it only gets more amazing when right after Daring Do helps Fluttershy, Fluttershy has to help daring Do from the same thing.  I like the idea that you can have cognitive dissonance in your life, and be able to teach something to someone, but still be struggling with it.  

Art:

Fosgitt is far and away my favorite artist, and he knocked it out of the park.  His ponies are so expressive and cute!

Daring do is often just a bit too impersonal and cold, and his style very much complimented Daring Do's softer side as written in the comic.  Also, check out angel bunny on the first page!  So cute!

This is one of the strongest comics I've seen in a long time.  Well done.  

Edited by PathfinderCS

@@weesh

Just letting you know that I added the spoiler tag.

Thanks. :)

• 3 months later...

I also really loved the comic! I thought it was cute and the whole message about courage was incredible!

heh, you seem to be a fan of the artist too, given your avi : )

This was the very first Friends Forever comic I read, and I thought it was pretty good.

At first I thought it was weird that we would get a story focusing on Fluttershy and Daring Do of all characters, but the whole topic of overcoming your fears and how that relates to bravery worked out well.

And the best line definitely had to come from Fluttershy when she said: "I hope I'm not disrupting your brawl"

Edited by cmarston1

And the best line definitely had to come from Fluttershy when she said: "I hope I'm not disrupting your brawl"

lol!  i don't remember that, will have to reread it!