Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about this clown situation?

Peppermint Larry

So apparently this has been happening: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/spike-creepy-clown-sightings-hoaxes-lead-arrests-across-country-n657956

This is a thing everyone I know is talking about.

I'm hearing a lot of people talking about shooting (or using any other methods of physical harm) to every clown they see on the street. I'm hearing that parents aren't letting their children dress up as clowns this Halloween because of this. I'm hearing that this really isn't big or worth much discussion- but it's easy to get swept into the hysteria (and it's interesting to watch the hysteria).

What do you guys think about all this? Anyone actually see any clowns roaming about?

• Brohoof 2

That's pretty creepy, lol. The kid seems pretty chill about it, though, probably parents told him not to be worried and stuff, though the threat seems to be real and dangerous. The only "scary clown" thing I've seen were the prankers that got arrested and this, never seen/experienced anything myself, I actually like the idea of creepy clowns, well, as long as I don't get brutally murdered by them, that would hurt.

This clown epidemic, it seems, is no more than a harmless prank. However, people have said that grown men in clown costumes have attempted to lure children into the forests. So all of you children who enjoy candy... please stay away from clowns! I've watched the movie "It" too many times. 

Sounds hilarious, I mean obviously it'd scare some people just due to parental instincts and stuff but its pretty funny once you get past that. And because its around halloween we know its a prank, so no worries. Just having some fun, besides wouldn't an advanced society think that stuff is fine, advanced societies wouldn't be very nitpicky and controlling right. But its sorta the same moral Dash got in 28 pranks later, and some kids may very well end up traumatized especially since America is more prone to kids getting nightmares or afraid of the dark due to poverty and religion/paranormal beliefs etc(study(s) confirm). So aside from the harm it seems pretty good humored and in the spirit of things. 

• Brohoof 1

This is kinda creepy, especially if the reports of clowns trying to lure kids into forests is true. Then there's also the ones threatening harm, which is also bad. I'm not sure if it just started out as a harmless prank, but I think it's gotten out of hand now.

• Brohoof 1

It's another one of those stupid Internet memes and I guarantee most of us will have forgotten about it within the next few months. Hopefully these people don't get the idea to do anything too stupid.

• Brohoof 2

Could be funny, if not were for those among them who destroy property, possess machetes, and try to lure kids to the forests. Maybe it's a prank, as I have yet to hear a real tragedy out of it :huh:

• Brohoof 2

I think it is kind of stupid, the people who dress up as clowns are copy cats of the first person who did it and have nothing else to do than dress up like clowns and make threats and carry weapons in the woods and around schools. I mean seriously people grow up and stop copying everthing you see online because it is not funny or clever

while at the same time all the fear and hysteria over a few kids in clown masks just goes to show what wimps people have become, and I think it is sad that we have reached a point where some teens can cause so much terror just by standing around with a cheap mask, where has our courage and bravery gone? our grandfathers would have kicked these clowns all the way back to their parent's basements and then punched a few nazis in the face for fun

it won't be long before the clowns start getting killed when they "scare" someone by waving a machete around thinking it's funny and then get shot.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen any yet and I live in NC... thank god I haven't. *Gets automatic paintball gun with frozen paintballs ready*

• Brohoof 2

Here's my take on it- seeing a clown walking on the side of a dark road not harming anyone as you drive by them? Cool. They only want you to do a double take, and that's something I actually wish I could see. That's the fun of the prank.

Clown walking around with actual weapons approaching you? Not cool. Unless you are being attacked, you don't need to be shooting anyone.

People who call the cops just because they saw some person dressed weird in a public place are likely the type of people who call the cops just because there is a spider in their house.

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind except I don't like the reports of creepy clowns near schools. Pull your pranks elsewhere.

The facebook threats from that one clown group is an entirely different issue.

Lurking around in a threatening manner is the real issue.

• Brohoof 4

I don't mind except I don't like the reports of creepy clowns near schools. Pull your pranks elsewhere.

The facebook threats from that one clown group is an entirely different issue.

Lurking around in a threatening manner is the real issue.

Well if this whole thing isn't just a bunch of bs, I'd say they just want attention. If they want to scare people they need people to be afraid = go to schools. They're probably just a bunch of pranksters 'cause I haven't read about any incidents so far. The FB thing is most likely some other people that think the whole thing sounds cool and wanted to "contribute".

• Brohoof 1

Considering this has happened many times before, it's kinda weird to me that more people don't know about it until now. Either way, I hate clowns and if I see one, you're lucky if you don't get punched. How have these creepy trolls not gotten shot and/or stabbed yet?

• Brohoof 1